Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the family and crap gift giving???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the family and crap gift giving???

I'd like to share something that happens to me regularly and this time is no different and really pisses me off.

Don't get me wrong my family is great. I have a wife, couple kids. I give em a house. On birthdays or special holidays I'll get my son some cool Spiderman Truck and the can of foam that shoots out of the hand. On other occassions I might get some kind of hot wheel thing -a - majig. And my daughter...oh God the Works for her. I'll get her like the whole Easy Bake oven crap thing and like 10 Latin Barbie dolls and on other occassions maybe a tea set or something....and then there's the WIFE. My beauty, I get her probably a week or so at a Spa in Miami. Other times its flowers at work, dinner just us, or Her favorite Dooney & Burke purse. (Trust me this means sex for two wks).

And then I'm thinkin' boy o boy this is gonna be a hell of a birthday for me. But what do i get???? A Freakin' Tie and a coffee mug that says SUPER DAD. Come on man I like Ipod's too and all the other gadgets the kids buy now a days. At least get creative on me or something. Buy me a Seinfeld series Season collection or something.

Sometmes I think these wives suck at gift giving.
    Last edited by EdmcCaff87; 10-18-2006, 02:59 PM.
    "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Have you mentioned at all what you wanted for your birthday?

Because most of the times people just don't plain out say what they want and assume they will get something special.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
      I'd like to share something that happens to me regularly and this time is no different and really pisses me off.

Don't get me wrong my family is great. I have a wife, couple kids. I give em a house. On birthdays or special holidays I'll get my son some cool Spiderman Truck and the can of foam that shoots out of the hand. On other occassions I might get some kind of hot wheel thing -a - majig. And my daughter...oh God the Works for her. I'll get her like the whole Easy Bake oven crap thing and like 10 Latin Barbie dolls and on other occassions maybe a tea set or something....and then there's the WIFE. My beauty, I get her probably a week or so at a Spa in Miami. Other times its flowers at work, dinner just us, or Her favorite Dooney & Burke purse. (Trust me this means sex for two wks).

And then I'm thinkin' boy o boy this is gonna be a hell of a birthday for me. But what do i get???? A Freakin' Tie and a coffee mug that says SUPER DAD. Come on man I like Ipod's too and all the other gadgets the kids buy now a days. At least get creative on me or something. Buy me a Seinfeld series Season collection or something.

I have the same problem with my husband. I call it lazy.
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        Have you mentioned at all what you wanted for your birthday?

Because most of the times people just don't plain out say what they want and assume they will get something special.
        If I get another coffee mug I'm strangling someone.

I mean shes my wife for God sakes!!! She knows if I'm staring at the chick at the next table but when I purposely yell out "Man those Jordans tight, Man if I had some extra money to get that watch, Honey if we had the sony surround sound the movie would sound better", She 's clueless.

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

If I get another coffee mug I'm strangling someone.

I mean shes my wife for God sakes!!! She knows if I'm staring at the chick at the next table but when I purposely yell out "Man those Jordans tight, Man if I had some extra money to get that watch, Honey if we had the sony surround sound the movie would sound better", She 's clueless.
          I would've been like, get me an Ipod and I love you long time!

Comment

:nono:

Its the thought that counts

Maybe if you just flat-out say what you want for your birthday they might get you it? It sounds like you don't do that.
            sigpic

Comment

(Trust me this means sex for two wks).
              That's your gift right there, buddy.
              Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                That's your gift right there, buddy.

LOL....I have to give a CP for that.....
                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I could not care less what I do or don'y get, in fact I have made it WELL KNOWN that I want nothing for my birthday in a couple weeks, or Christmas.

There are more important things for us to spend money on than my birthday, and we get plenty of stuff all year round anyways, I am satisfied with my ammount of crap.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

I always try to get my dad and step-father imaginative gifts.

When I went home in May it was my step-fathers birthday. I got him a good bottle of port and a box of Cuban cigars, and once I was home, I also bought him $70.00 of petrol vouchers.

For my dad I usually buy him something new for his toolbox, something I know he'll use.

My paternal grandfather was a great gardner, and loved camillias, so every birthday, father's day and christmas I would buy him a new plant. When he died I was able to place a couple of blooms from the camillia that I bought for my grandparents 50th wedding aniversary in his coffin.

If folks can't use their imagination, straight up tell them!
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

OOOH. I like to give my daddy things that will make him laugh or that go along with inside jokes.

I am currently looking for a red stapler...his fave movie os office space. And I might get him The Office on DVD too...I dunno.

But really, it is the thought that counts.
                      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
                        :nono:

Its the thought that counts

Maybe if you just flat-out say what you want for your birthday they might get you it? It sounds like you don't do that.

I try to give hints without blatently stating "Gimme Gimme"

sigpic

Comment

I try to give hints without blatently stating "Gimme Gimme"
                          Put a magazine with a pic of what you want out on the table, with a post-it saying

"Good present idea for Dad"

Discretion!
                          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

And then I'm thinkin' boy o boy this is gonna be a hell of a birthday for me. But what do i get???? A Freakin' Tie and a coffee mug that says SUPER DAD. Come on man I like Ipod's too and all the other gadgets the kids buy now a days. At least get creative on me or something. Buy me a Seinfeld series Season collection or
                            something. Sometmes I think these wives suck at gift giving.
                            Speak for yourself

My wife is a great gift giver. One time she got me an autographed Elway picture framed. One time she was looking into Super Bowl tickets and I found out and told her it was way to much to spend. Last Xmas she git me some games I really wanted, a beautiful watch, a ihome thing for playing the ipod on and a gift card for 50 songs from itunes. There was other stuff as well. She really puts alot of thought into things. Of course I am the same way with her. It is nice she is so much like me in that department.

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

You could always ask for money but I don't think that works for parents

Comment

Working...
                              X