Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    I think it is refreshing someone these days is keeping the prices down lord knows they have skyrocketed for some bands.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Further digging shows that Garth will be in movie theaters next Wednesday and encore on Thursday.

You can go here, punch in your zip code for a theater near you. We don't get it here.

http://fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=686

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    I just got an email from a friend in Kansas that thought she would share some photos from the Garth Brooks concert last night. I may be able to upload these from home.

I was like SAY WHAT???

Apparently tonight is night 4 of a 9 show stand in Kansas City. Ticketmaster shows those shows as it. No place else.

So, I'm not sure if he is testing the waters and would do a full fledged tour but I had no idea he even planned this event. Trisha is the obvious opening act and the tickets went for $27.50. He is an avid believer in "the people" and does not have high ticket prices.

The last tour we saw in Las Vegas the seats were $18.00 and we scored those 3rd row seats next to the stage. He swore to us then that if he returned they would cost $18.00 again.

I'm praying that he does come back!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Now Wal-Mart has it at $15.00 :doh:

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    This is pretty cool. The DVD's come in a tin box and that is one hell of a price.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Yeah, I read that too. I saw him back at the CO State Fair in Pueblo Sept 6, 93 and then again in Las Vegas Aug 14, 98.

We were fortunate enough to score 3rd row next to the stage for the Vegas show. People were lining up for wrist bands and I was at work. Tickets went on sale at 9am and at that very moment thought...what the hell and dialed ticketmaster. I was through first try.

The show was fantastic as expected.

A lady behind us was snapping pictures left and right with an awesome camera and when the show was over, I gave her $20, a business card, and asked for copies. Everyone said I was stupid until the envelope showed up in the mail. :thumb: I cherish those photos which consumed an entire photo album with some great shots.

When Garth released the double live CD, we were flipping through the CD insert when we went HUH? The picture on the second insert with Garth hollering and shooting his "Garth Guns" clearly shows my girlfriend at the time. She is the one standing in the background with her hands in the air wearing the white shirt and black vest. I am two rows behind her with the black cowboy hat and you can see the lady with the camera I was talking about, taking a picture, right above my girlfriend's right hand. That picture is also on the DVD in the CD box set. We were thrilled that the photo was used. And... We have the photo from the other side in that album.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    I was bopping around Garth's new website http://www.garthbrooks.com and I found the answer to a question I have been asking for some time now.

Will he release the Central Park concert on DVD? The Wal-Mart Project involving Garth broke all kinds of records when they released his CD box set last year.

This year, they are releasing a 5 disc DVD set for $19.96 which is basically an unheard of price for something like this. The set does include footage of the Central Park concert from what I understand, mixes it up with other recorded live performances and includes unseen videos among previously released. I suppose I will have to live with that for now. lol.

Country fans are begging him to tour again and release something new but it may be a duet album with his new wife Trisha Yearwood that we get to hear first. I personally think that the love of touring is in his heart and he would do a reunion or comeback tour someday.

The DVD set is not yet in stores but you can preorder as I have done at http://www.walmart.com/garthbrooks

He said in last years boxed set bouns DVD disk that he wont tour again till his youngest daugheter is out of school, so it looks like we will need to wait I while longer

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I will be getting that

Thanks for the heads up

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    started a topic Garth Brooks Fans!

Garth Brooks Fans!

I was bopping around Garth's new website http://www.garthbrooks.com and I found the answer to a question I have been asking for some time now.

Will he release the Central Park concert on DVD? The Wal-Mart Project involving Garth broke all kinds of records when they released his CD box set last year.

This year, they are releasing a 5 disc DVD set for $19.96 which is basically an unheard of price for something like this. The set does include footage of the Central Park concert from what I understand, mixes it up with other recorded live performances and includes unseen videos among previously released. I suppose I will have to live with that for now. lol.

Country fans are begging him to tour again and release something new but it may be a duet album with his new wife Trisha Yearwood that we get to hear first. I personally think that the love of touring is in his heart and he would do a reunion or comeback tour someday.

The DVD set is not yet in stores but you can preorder as I have done at http://www.walmart.com/garthbrooks
Working...
X