Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Lyricist of all time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Lyricist of all time

    who is the greatest lyricist of all time in rap?

    34
    2Pac
    26.47%
    9
    Nas
    5.88%
    2
    Biggie
    2.94%
    1
    Other
    64.71%
    22

  • #2
    HArd to pick just one....so here's my top 5:


    #1. DEL the Funkee Homosapian

    #2. Aesop Rock

    #3. Lyrics Born

    #4. Rakim

    #5. Tu Pac



    That's my top 5...


    PEACE!!!





    Comment


    • #3
      Redman is my favorite lyricist because he is downright hilarious. He is the only artist who in my opinion has yet to make a bad album.

      But I think there's one lyricist that's better than him, 2Pac, Nas, Biggie, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, MC Lyte, Jean Grey, Talib Kweli & Mos Def. With all due respect to to those guys & gals, my #1 lyricist of all time is someone who might not even be in the top ten of most list because he is much slept on.

      His name is Ras Kass.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DevilSpawn
        His name is Ras Kass.

        Yeah...he's got some good flows....

        I liked Redman when he was "Ruff n Rugged" ....like back when he did "Whut, Thee Album" , "Dare Iz A Darkside" and "Muddy Waters".....when he started getting all goofy and funny I kind of fell off as a fan...


        .......same with M-E-T-H-O-D MAN!!!




        PEACE!!!





        Comment


        • #5
          Eminem

          :thumb:


          "I never meant to give you mushrooms girl"

          Comment


          • #6
            I am going to have to go with LL COOL J from the mid to late 80's to early 90's I have always been a Cool J fan since I was kid. Then My #2 will have to be ICE CUBE. And #3 RUN DMC. IMHO
            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MileHighStud
              I am going to have to go with LL COOL J from the mid to late 80's to early 90's I have always been a Cool J fan since I was kid. Then My #2 will have to be ICE CUBE. And #3 RUN DMC. IMHO


              Yeah, I like Ice Cube's early stuff.

              Death Certificate was a blueprint album.

              And he wrote most all the good NWA and Eazy E songs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                Yeah, I like Ice Cube's early stuff.

                Death Certificate was a blueprint album.

                And he wrote most all the good NWA and Eazy E songs.
                Yeah the best NWA material was that which he wrote.
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  i'd say Dre, Eazy-E, Ice Cube im not gangsta rap fan but NWA have awesome shizznizz.
                  [CENTER]“The reverb noise is nowhere near as loud as it was at Mile High, but the fans are catching on.”- Pat Bowlen



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would have to say "Vanilla Ice". He is just...amazing!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LordXenu
                      I would have to say "Vanilla Ice". He is just...amazing!
                      Hey some say without Vamilla Ice there couldnt have been an EMINEM.
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pac is the G.O.A.T.But at the moment i gotta go with Cam'ron.That dude can rap.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MileHighStud
                          Hey some say without Vamilla Ice there couldnt have been an EMINEM.

                          Hmm, why is that?

                          They're both caucasians but that's where their similarity's end.

                          I don't think Eminem was inspired to be a rapper by Vanilla Ice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                            Hmm, why is that?

                            They're both caucasians but that's where their similarity's end.

                            I don't think Eminem was inspired to be a rapper by Vanilla Ice.
                            I never said that. But many others on MTV were saying that about a year or so after eminem came out. I really can care less for either one of 'em IMO. Perhaps they were trying to make it seem like Vanilla Ice opened the door for caucasian rappers, kinda like Jackie did in baseball
                            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MileHighStud
                              Hey some say without Vamilla Ice there couldnt have been an EMINEM.
                              For every Vanilla Ice, there was a 3rd Bass.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X