No announcement yet.

Star Wars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL yeh I'm a military brat so I've lived a bunch of different places...I've finally settled down in CO for the time being...That's actually why I quit, I was moving back here after a year of Abq-hell.

I've done the retail thing too, have yet to do the restaurant thing, but that's mainly because I didn't want to be a waitress at a family joint, if I was going to be serving people, I'd better dang well be getting tipped > $5 a table...I wanted to go high scale, but of course they wanted "fine dining experience"...

Add receptionist to a busy office to that list of things everyone should try doing...You think it's bad when you call a place and get asked to hold for a moment; you should be on the other end of that line...I can't tell you how many people call me these days & snap at me because they don't know what they're doing--I of course apply my sickeningly sweet, but not so sweet that it's immediately noticeable that it's fake voice to them & get super perky & use lots of "happy words" (infact, that was one of the things that we *had* to use in our phone calls at Buy.com--We had to use the word happy atleast once in our convos...Usually by the end of the night/day, I'd use it in a sarcastic tone...(we were supposed to say "I'd be happy to do that for you"...and the end of the call, if I realized I'd forgotten it I'd say "I hope you have a HAPPY day!" LMFAO.) ) But now I've perfected it all into the point where when people call I get compliments all the time for being really cheery & friendly, whereas most real estate offices you call they're harsh with everyone...

And Elway, m'dear...BLAH! just BLAH!

Comment

say it with love darling in the sweet syrupy voice of yours.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Ahhh to do that, you'd have to call me up...and I'm not at work...

Comment

1-800-T-A-L-K-2-M-E
          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

LOL you're going to get a bunch of people calling some weird 800 # asking for "blue" lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
              LOL yeh I'm a military brat so I've lived a bunch of different places...I've finally settled down in CO for the time being...That's actually why I quit, I was moving back here after a year of Abq-hell.
              I was a military brat myself which is why I should have thought of the possibility you weren't in Colorado at the time. Oh, well. Actually, that's how I got to Colorado, too. My dad was stationed at N.O.R.A.D. and when the family shipped out I just stuck around Colorado Springs. That's when I came to love the Broncos. Now that I don't live in Colorado anymore I'm extremely thankful for the internet so that I can still get all the Denver Post & Rocky Mountain News stories on my favorite team. Not to mention the Broncos forums like this one.
              But now I've perfected it all into the point where when people call I get compliments all the time for being really cheery & friendly, whereas most real estate offices you call they're harsh with everyone...
              Hmm...now I'll never take another receptionist's friendly voice at face value again.
              Originally posted by Elway
              I have a saying I use at work all the time, "Never trust anyone who was born after the release of Star Wars."

It was a different world then.
              I like that one. Star Wars has changed the world!
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Yeh my dad was stationed at USAFA for 3 years when I was in HS...Then when I graduated he got transferred to Albuquerque...They made me go down there too, I hated it so I came back after a year...

Of course the fakeness only comes when I'm in a bad mood...Usually though when I make myself be cheery enough it rubs off & changes my mood...I'm pretty weird like that where work, while it stresses me out, doesn't really get me into any worse of a mood really...Although there are times that I have to be pretty fake to keep from crying...Most of the time I'm pretty happy at work.

Comment

Chewbacca is going to show up in Episode 3!!!

(Just to keep on topic. Hehe!)
                  Yeh my dad was stationed at USAFA for 3 years when I was in HS...
                  Oh, no! You weren't and Air Academey High School Kadet, were you??? :0
                  Although there are times that I have to be pretty fake to keep from crying...
                  Okay, now you're making me sad. It had to be callers making you want to cry, right? 'Cause you seem pretty upbeat to me. Damn those customers!
                  ------

Comment

Aye...
                    Class of '99...
                    Air Academy High School Kadets...

And no it's not always the customers...Sometimes it's some of the people I work with/for...

So uh should I be princess Leia for halloween? LOL

Comment

Aye...
                      Class of '99...
                      Air Academy High School Kadets...
                      Grrr....Rampart Ram here. I hope we can keep things freindly or at least moderately sociable...
                      And no it's not always the customers...Sometimes it's some of the people I work with/for...
                      Well, you've got quite the fan club in these forums so you tell your coworkers/bosses to lay off or a bevy of Broncomaniacs will teach them a lesson...even if you were a Kadet.
                      So uh should I be princess Leia for halloween? LOL
                      Heh, that would be awesome! And I'll be R2-D2 since you apparently like chirping at him.
                      ------

Comment

LOL yeh I've threatened to quit & they know I have the means to do so now since I work for a fellow maniac...

Hey now, we weren't all that bad...I really confused everyone at AAHS because I went to school in Germany my freshman year & lettered in CC...So I had my red & blue (liberty colors) letter jacket with the big ol' R on it...I got told to lose the jacket many many times...

Besides, we're all d20ers here right? LOL I loved to mess with my classmates by hanging out with all the Lewis Palmer guys at cc meets.

hehe Yeh I got real good at it...Brad hated me for it...LOL

Comment

Hey now, we weren't all that bad...I really confused everyone at AAHS because I went to school in Germany my freshman year & lettered in CC...So I had my red & blue (liberty colors) letter jacket with the big ol' R on it...I got told to lose the jacket many many times...

Besides, we're all d20ers here right? LOL I loved to mess with my classmates by hanging out with all the Lewis Palmer guys at cc meets.

hehe Yeh I got real good at it...Brad hated me for it...LOL
                          Lewis-Palmer??? Ewww....

So, did you keep wearing your red and blue jacket or did you upgrade to blue and white? Rampart was actually my third high school so I kind of got tired of buying my new schools' colors. So, after becoming a Broncos fan I started wearing some Broncos stuff (predominantly orange) even though I still supported my school. Luckily, I spent both my junior and senior years there and so I ended up getting a school ring but I don't have much other high school gear.
                          ------

Comment

I eventually upgraded--My parents had this thing with my sister & I where if we lettered in a sport they'd buy us the jacket...and my sister had to get 2 too--ironically enough she had to get a blue & white one, then the red & blue one...lol.

Before I got my letter/new jacket though, when we played Liberty I would wear my sister's old letter jacket, if I wore any jacket (other than the marching band uni jacket!)

Comment

We never really played Liberty. My senior year was the year that Liberty opened. When they split off, they took half of our underclassmen but ALL the seniors stayed at Rampart. Our junior varsity teams might have played (I can't remember) but they didn't have any seniors and so they didn't have any varsity teams.

That really sucked, too, because I had a number of junior friends that had to switch to Liberty. Of course, they seemed to like it because they got to rule their school two years in a row.
                              ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                                We never really played Liberty. My senior year was the year that Liberty opened. When they split off, they took half of our underclassmen but ALL the seniors stayed at Rampart. Our junior varsity teams might have played (I can't remember) but they didn't have any seniors and so they didn't have any varsity teams.

That really sucked, too, because I had a number of junior friends that had to switch to Liberty. Of course, they seemed to like it because they got to rule their school two years in a row.
                                Ah...we didn't play too many games vs Rampart or Liberty because they were both 5a schools, we were 4a...I think we played each once a year just cuz they were divisional rivals.

Comment

Working...
                                X