Star Wars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elway
    I have a saying I use at work all the time, "Never trust anyone who was born after the release of Star Wars."

It was a different world then.
    I was born the year it came out, & was actually take to Empire as a baby :p , I loved them when i was a kid, & thin i love em even more now, well the original 3, the newer ones are good but cant compare,

though im excited about EP III

Comment

Yeah, i hear that the lightsaber dual between obiwan and anakin will be the best lightsaber dual we will see in any star wars film. I hear that this dual will be very long, like over 10 minutes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
        Yeah, i hear that the lightsaber dual between obiwan and anakin will be the best lightsaber dual we will see in any star wars film. I hear that this dual will be very long, like over 10 minutes!!
        No way! How can it beat Yoda in episode 2? Yoda rules!
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

That's what i was thinking at first, but i've thought the same about the dual between obi-wan/qui-gon and darth maul couldn't be topped, and that was pretty cool.

Comment

I always suspected if they ever let Yoda loose with a lightsaber it would be outstanding, and I wasn't disappointed. And that was after they let the coolest dude in all the known galaxies (Sam Jackson) loose with the damned thing
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              But when you say "originals" you inlclude all of the orginal three when in fact it's just Return of the Jedi.
              And Empire Strikes Back...
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                I have a saying I use at work all the time, "Never trust anyone who was born after the release of Star Wars."

It was a different world then.
                Hahahaha

Thank God I was born before the release of Return of the Jedi
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                  I wouldn't expect anything less. You guys haven't notice the pattern? In A New Hope the "lightsaber duel" consisted of Darth Vader cutting down Obi-Wan...In Empire, it got a little better...then in Return, Vader and Skywalker go at it and that was the best duel of the three.

The Phantom Menace produced a duel that shattered Return's, then Attack's duel topped that one. Now let's just sit back and see what happens...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                    I wouldn't expect anything less. You guys haven't notice the pattern? In A New Hope the "lightsaber duel" consisted of Darth Vader cutting down Obi-Wan...In Empire, it got a little better...then in Return, Vader and Skywalker go at it and that was the best duel of the three.

The Phantom Menace produced a duel that shattered Return's, then Attack's duel topped that one. Now let's just sit back and see what happens...
                    Gotta disagree with you here. I felt the duel in "Empire" was the best of the original trilogy. It had dark, unique settings with Luke being just a little out of his league. "Jedi" was more of a rehash with the Emperor's cackling in the background breaking up the intensity. And psychological battles with Darth and Palpatine trying to turn Luke to the Dark Side seem a bit forced, in my opinion.

"Menace" was cool but what was the deal with those cycling force fields? Strange security measure to have them turn on and off like that. It seemed like a convenient plot device and things like that bug me when there's no logical explanation.

"Clones" was awesome with Yoda bouncing around. I knew that Yoda being in a duel would either be awesome or cheesy as hell. It turned out to be the best part of "Clones."

Overall, Yoda's duel was the most fun to watch but "Empire" is still my favorite because the drama and intensity were higher.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Gotta disagree with you here. I felt the duel in "Empire" was the best of the original trilogy. It had dark, unique settings with Luke being just a little out of his league. "Jedi" was more of a rehash with the Emperor's cackling in the background breaking up the intensity. And psychological battles with Darth and Palpatine trying to turn Luke to the Dark Side seem a bit forced, in my opinion.

"Menace" was cool but what was the deal with those cycling force fields? Strange security measure to have them turn on and off like that. It seemed like a convenient plot device and things like that bug me when there's no logical explanation.

"Clones" was awesome with Yoda bouncing around. I knew that Yoda being in a duel would either be awesome or cheesy as hell. It turned out to be the best part of "Clones."

Overall, Yoda's duel was the most fun to watch but "Empire" is still my favorite because the drama and intensity were higher.
                      I suppose those are good points. I haven't watched them in such a long time. I just know that Jedi was my favorite of the originals. I think that if the Emperor hadn't been there fubbing things up, it would have been a little more interesting. Although, I think that if the Emperor hadn't kept intervening, Luke could have easily taken his father--or he would have been able to convice him that there was still good left in him before he beat him beyond return.

I have just really liked the battles in the new ones. Darth Maul's double-saber was awesome and of course Yoda was primo.

I really do think that Episode III's duel will far exceed anything we have seen so far though. I mean, it's the battle that caused Vader to have to be on life-support for the rest of his life...
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh, obviously we don't have to agree on which were the best scenes or movies 'cause all that really matters is that we're both fans.

I enjoyed Episodes 1 & 2 more than a lot of other die-hard Star Wars fans. But I lean towards a little more serious film style with appropriate humor in it. Jar-Jar in Ep. 1 and C-3P0 in Ep. 2 had stupid one-liners that, in my humble opinion, really spoiled some seriously intense scenes. If it hadn't been for them, I would probably have ranked them a lot closer to the original trilogy. But, the deuls were without a doubt great to watch.

I've heard Chewbacca will be in Ep. 3. It really bugs me that Lucas can't write new stories than can exist without the support of characters from the original trilogy. I just hope he doesn't screw up what should be the most intense movie of the bunch...Anakin's final descent to the Dark Side. Stupid one-liners could kill this film and ruin the trilogy for me.
                        ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          Heh, obviously we don't have to agree on which were the best scenes or movies 'cause all that really matters is that we're both fans.

I enjoyed Episodes 1 & 2 more than a lot of other die-hard Star Wars fans. But I lean towards a little more serious film style with appropriate humor in it. Jar-Jar in Ep. 1 and C-3P0 in Ep. 2 had stupid one-liners that, in my humble opinion, really spoiled some seriously intense scenes. If it hadn't been for them, I would probably have ranked them a lot closer to the original trilogy. But, the deuls were without a doubt great to watch.

I've heard Chewbacca will be in Ep. 3. It really bugs me that Lucas can't write new stories than can exist without the support of characters from the original trilogy. I just hope he doesn't screw up what should be the most intense movie of the bunch...Anakin's final descent to the Dark Side. Stupid one-liners could kill this film and ruin the trilogy for me.
                          Ah, now I DO agree with you there. I've enjoyed the new episodes. I love the new special effects and since it's Star Wars I really think it's great that Lucas is going all out on the effects. However I agree that Jar Jar and C3PO ruin a few scenes.

I do, however like how he integrates the characters from the originals. Because these are the first 3 episodes we get to see where everyone came from and since he has all 9 episodes already written, it's kind of hard to "make a new story" because it's all one story. I love seeing the characters in the younger years, etc...and how they developed. I think that if Chewie or anyone happens to show up, I don't think he will use them enough to ruin the movie...well, one would hope...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                            I do, however like how he integrates the characters from the originals. Because these are the first 3 episodes we get to see where everyone came from and since he has all 9 episodes already written, it's kind of hard to "make a new story" because it's all one story. I love seeing the characters in the younger years, etc...and how they developed. I think that if Chewie or anyone happens to show up, I don't think he will use them enough to ruin the movie...well, one would hope...
                            Okay, I'm not referring to Anakin, Obi-wan, Palpatine, etc. They are all the crux of the story and those are the characters that need to be in there.

I'm talking about R2-D2 and C-3PO. This is a huge galaxy we're talking about. R2-D2 just happens to be the exact droid that saves Amidala's ship and plays this crucial role in Anakin's life and spends time on Tatooine (sp?) then turns ups 20 years later (not even touching on how out-of-date he'd be) and is the droid picked at random by Leia to go find Ben Kenobi and then becomes Luke's personal bot. And, C-3PO was actually created by Anakin to annoy us all, meets up with R2, then they go their separate ways but meet up again down the road and 20 years later (again, he's way out-of-date) he's one of the official protocol droids on Leia's ship. R2 and 3PO didn't have their memories wiped because they're still friends in the future but they don't happen to remember that they've been on Tatooine before and didn't catch that Luke and Anakin had the same last name?

Whoa...getting off on a tanget there. Sorry. Again, it's an awfully big galaxy but Chewbacca is going to somehow pop into Ep. 3? I just don't like characters being brought in who wouldn't realistically have been a part of this story. Call it a pet peeve.

I know it's science fiction but even fiction needs to live within the bounds of its own reality.
                            ------

Comment

Working...
                            X