Our Personal Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Personal Recordings

You know how we all have our favorite songs by various artists no matter what our music taste may be.

I have been so burned out on the radio lately that I dug up some old tapes that I recorded my favorite songs on. This was so refreshing and although the quality isn't as good as our beloved CD's but I DON'T CARE! Sounds great to me and the funny thing about this first one listed here, is the songs were mostly recorded off of LP's. Albums.

I am in my mid 40's and love most all music. Rap and Jazz excluded.

What do you think of this one?

Rock Mix

Side A:
    April Wine - I Like to Rock
    The Babys - Midnight Rendezvous
    Ted Nugent - Free For All
    Jefferson Starship - Black Widow
    Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure
    Joan Jett - Fake Friends
    Ratt - You're In Love
    AC/DC - Get It Hot
    Van Halen - Jamie's Crying
    Billy Squier - The Big Beat
    Boston - Feelin' Satisfied
    Def Leppard - Let's Get Rocked

Side B:
    J Geils Band - Freeze Frame
    Missing Persons - Destination Unknown
    The Cars - It's All I Can Do
    Huey Lewis - Bad is Bad
    Loverboy - Lucky Ones
    Poison - Nothing But a Good Time
    Roxette - The Look
    Outfield - It Should Have Been Me
    Blondie - Heart of Glass
    Sheryl Crow - Change
    Ozzy Ozbourne - See You On The Other Side

Share Your Favs!

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Honestly, I like all sorts of music.

But my favorite all time musical number has to be:

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture

I just love it! It always gets my juices flowing.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
      Honestly, I like all sorts of music.

But my favorite all time musical number has to be:

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture

I just love it! It always gets my juices flowing.
      You really like that?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
        You really like that?
        I absolutely love it.

Everybody today is weak and don't appreciate music for what it is. Classical music is a lost art. Today ballads go on for a mere 2-4 minutes. But Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture goes on for 15 minutes (as do many Classical songs).

Comment

I absolutely love it.

Everybody today is weak and don't appreciate music for what it is. Classical music is a lost art. Today ballads go on for a mere 2-4 minutes. But Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture goes on for 15 minutes (as do many Classical songs).
          I respect your opinon and since thats your style of music, go for it.
          Last edited by DawgFanatic; 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            I respect your opinon and since thats your style of music, go for it.

But heres my ''ballads'',

Big L 98' Freestyle (no video)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=ToTRFS-6eUs

Big L holin' it down

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qcOLs2fREgk

thats just a couple
            I mean 'ballads' as in songs that mix in classical and modern. Like for example, Guns N' Roses 'November Rain' ... Meat Loaf's "I would do anything for love" ... and even that "Gangsta's Paradise" song that was around when I was growing up. Even though that is Hip-Hop/Rap (something you yourself like) I do not like it. But, that is what I mean by a 'ballad'. A song along those lines.

Comment

I mean 'ballads' as in songs that mix in classical and modern. Like for example, Guns N' Roses 'November Rain' ... Meat Loaf's "I would do anything for love" ... and even that "Gangsta's Paradise" song that was around when I was growing up. Even though that is Hip-Hop/Rap (something you yourself like) I do not like it. But, that is what I mean by a 'ballad'. A song along those lines.
              I see, however, i don't like that song, by coolio, i don't like 50 cent g-unot, all these rappers that rap now, im oldschool kind of guy, eazy e, cube, big l, just to name a few. I also like other genre's of music too, some of the beatles ain't bad, heck i might even go to the 'rolling stones' show today since they are performing here.
              sigpic

Comment

I remember going to see the Denver Symphony Orchestra and thought before hand.... Ho Hum.... Boring.

On the CONTRARY!

That was totally impressive and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

So now, I just got through listening to I Robot by the Alan Parsons Project. What fantastic music!! I had forgot about how good this one is.

I will post other mixes I made tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

Being a DJ, I still have my old box of tapes and yes in there is all my old mix tapes I would make for myself......every once in a blue moon I pull 'em out and listen the the jams from the day.,,,,aaahhhhhh

Although I would consider myself a Hip Hop head....I grew up also listening to Classical, Jazz, Classic and Modern Rock, Country and Motown......I think that's why I have such a love for music and became a DJ.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                    Being a DJ, I still have my old box of tapes and yes in there is all my old mix tapes I would make for myself......every once in a blue moon I pull 'em out and listen the the jams from the day.,,,,aaahhhhhh

Although I would consider myself a Hip Hop head....I grew up also listening to Classical, Jazz, Classic and Modern Rock, Country and Motown......I think that's why I have such a love for music and became a DJ.

PEACE!!!
                    Radio or Nightclub?

I am glad you responded to the nature of the thread. Those old mix tapes we make can really be entertaining and a hit at parties.

I have found myself for the past week digging out old tapes I haven't heard for quite a while as well. Makes you say "Oh Yeah, I remember this"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X