Van Halen Is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Is Back!

Did you like David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar as the lead singer? Personally I liked them both but the original David was the ultimate.

While in Vegas over the weekend, we heard that Van Halen has reunited and will tour. David Lee Roth will return as the front man. Eddie and he as they put it "kissed and made up" LOL.

Michael Anthony the bass guitarist followed Sammy Hagar after the break up and will remain with Sammy. Eddie's son Wolfgang will fill in that spot. Alex is still on the drums.

This is exciting to me. The tour/show should be fantastic. I think it was in both of their best interests to put their differences aside and regroup.
    David Lee Roth
    57.14%
    Sammy Hagar
    14.29%
    Both of Them
    19.05%
    Van Who?
    9.52%
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

David Lee Roth hands down

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
    R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

Didnt they try this a while back and it didnt go so well? Anyway, David Lee Roth was the man for Van Halen.

Comment

I saw Val Halen about 2 years ago here in my hometown!

Comment

They split? I thought it was a hiatus?

I though they out out a double disc like 2 years ago with some new songs and did a summer tour with Sammy.

I knew MA was playing with Sammy in the meantime.

MA did ALL the harmony vocals, so I am not sure how that will work live.

Not sure that VH without MA is worth it.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
            Did you like David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar as the lead singer? Personally I liked them both but the original David was the ultimate.

While in Vegas over the weekend, we heard that Van Halen has reunited and will tour. David Lee Roth will return as the front man. Eddie and he as they put it "kissed and made up" LOL.

Michael Anthony the bass guitarist followed Sammy Hagar after the break up and will remain with Sammy. Eddie's son Wolfgang will fill in that spot. Alex is still on the drums.

This is exciting to me. The tour/show should be fantastic. I think it was in both of their best interests to put their differences aside and regroup.

Maybe Anthony got sick of all the b1tchin!

Comment

Great news! I prefer David for sure. It will be neat to see Wolfgang playing with them.

Comment

Good news to me! I prefer Sammy as lead singer!

Van Halen....I grew up with them! Exciting news.
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  They split? I thought it was a hiatus?

I though they out out a double disc like 2 years ago with some new songs and did a summer tour with Sammy.

I knew MA was playing with Sammy in the meantime.

MA did ALL the harmony vocals, so I am not sure how that will work live.

Not sure that VH without MA is worth it.
                  Very good question. Not sure what kind of singer Wolfgang is but their vocals was a key part of their show.

I had heard of the Sammy tour and they did hit Vegas but I did not see the show or hear anything about it.

Should be interesting if this does in fact pan out, what type of reviews come out of the first few shows.

sigpic

Comment

I liked material from both leads....

I saw them with Sammy about the same time alwilson91 did....

They rocked pretty good but rest assured there was a lot of dubbing, I mean they
                    are pretty damn old....still a great show though!

Comment

David Lee Roth HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

....but I do like some of the work Sammy Hagar did with the group.

Seems to me that the "habbits" of DLR will get in the way at some point during any tour. He's just to unpredictable and crazy now......

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                        David Lee Roth HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

....but I do like some of the work Sammy Hagar did with the group.

Seems to me that the "habbits" of DLR will get in the way at some point during any tour. He's just to unpredictable and crazy now......

PEACE!!!
                        I really like some of the Sammy stuff but the original DLR was the bomb growing up.

When their first album was released, we saw VH play at Balsam Field House (I think that's how you spell it) on the CU campus in Boulder. That small basketball gym next to the football field. Only 2,000 people and it was packed. Couldn't hear for days after that.

I never saw VH again until the first tour with Sammy which also happened to be at Folsom Field in Boulder at what they used to call Sunday Concerts. They were with Ronnie James Dio, BTO and Loverboy. That was an awesome show. Those were my only two concerts with VH.

As far as DLR goes, I have heard stories of his "antics" during tours like the time they destroyed the hotel room in Ft Collins and were banned from playing there again. But DLR just got nuts I guess and the rest of the band couldn't put up with it anymore.

A similar thing is what happened to the band Poison. I personally knew Ricki Rocket the drummer and we got the inside scoop. CC Deville was too unpredictable on stage and at a show at the Hard Rock in Vegas, he proved it. In the middle of a song, he just started going off on his guitar and the rest of the band ended up stopping and waiting for him to get on with it. He was so cracked up or whatever it was obvious. You could see the disgust in the rest of their eyes. Felt bad for them. CC was obnoxious as well.

Back to VH. Eddie got so fed up with DLR that their dispute was no secret so this supposed reunion would be very interesting to see. These old guys probably need the money. But hey... look at the Rolling Stones still touring and packing them in.

sigpic

Comment

I saw them on the "5150" tour with Sammy about a billion years ago (OK.... closer to 20 ).

I preferred Roth, but it was as much for the songwriting difference from their 1st 4 or so albums in comparison to their later albums than anything else.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

To quote Joe Dirt "Van Halen, NOT Van Hagar!" <-------- my senitments precisely.

Comment

I am kinda surprised.

Hagar is by far a better singer, songwriter, and musician.

I like the early stuff, but it is all the same, until "1984", which DLR supposedly hated.

Never understood DLR's appeal. Not a bad guy, but I just thought the music had gotten stale, due to the musical limitations of DLR.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X