Clear All

Originally posted by Jared
    due to the musical limitations of DLR.

But boy could he high kick.....

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      I am kinda surprised.

Hagar is by far a better singer, songwriter, and musician.

I like the early stuff, but it is all the same, until "1984", which DLR supposedly hated.

Never understood DLR's appeal. Not a bad guy, but I just thought the music had gotten stale, due to the musical limitations of DLR.
      I agree with you about Sammy. The Hagar era music seemed more in depth music wise and was some very good stuff. DLR didn't like 1984 because that's when they took a pop turn and Eddie started using the synthesizer. The song "Jump" was the big kicker. Was that video not the cheesiest thing ever? Good God I hated that crap. Didn't mind the song all that much but that video was pathetic.

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
      But boy could he high kick.....

LOL Yes he could. Put a lot of cheerleaders to shame eh?

His mobility and stage presence in the early days was real good. He was all over the place jumping up on speakers and stuff like spiderman.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Van Halen........
        Even if Manning has to throw the ball underhand, the Broncos believe they have a better quarterback than the one who beat the Steelers in the playoffs last season.

Comment

DLR was a great front man back then.
          He's out of his mind these days and it sucks to see a great front man do down hill the way he has. At least Hagar left at a decent time. I hear the brothers are really hard to deal with. There is such a big difference between Roth and Hagar. Two totally different bands. I respect each for different reasons, but old Van Halen was the best.

The golden days for this band are done. There will be no big come back. They can't get along with each other now and they couldn't get along with each other back then either.

But damn they made some great music.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
            DLR was a great front man back then.
            He's out of his mind these days and it sucks to see a great front man do down hill the way he has. At least Hagar left at a decent time. I hear the brothers are really hard to deal with. There is such a big difference between Roth and Hagar. Two totally different bands. I respect each for different reasons, but old Van Halen was the best.

The golden days for this band are done. There will be no big come back. They can't get along with each other now and they couldn't get along with each other back then either.

But damn they made some great music.
            I assume when you say brothers, you are referring to Eddie and Alex?

There was a HUGE difference between Roth and Hagar and you could tell that in the music styles.

I realize that the old days are gone, but I was hoping to relive those days at a live show. Meaning just play that old stuff Jamies Cryin, Running With The Devil, Dance The Night Away..... kinda show. I love listening to that "old stuff" from VH and would love the opportunity to see it live one last time.

You say David is "out of his mind". Has he litterally lost it? I mean check me into Belleview?

sigpic

Comment

You know...just as I was thinking about VH and this thread, the 80's XM channel is playing DLR solo... Just a Gigillo. LOL I forgot about this song and many of his solo efforts. :doh:

LOL

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X