Best rapper... right now, this is not a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rapper... right now, this is not a poll

An argument came up in Talkin' Smack about wheter Eminem is the best rapper, I feel he is based on his lyrical ability and the way he can switch through many differents forms of rap and be just as good with each one.

Your thoughts??

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Ras Kass woulds eat him alive.

Em, in my opinion, is the 2nd best non-underground rapper. By underground I mean that Diddy didn't remix their songs and they're still struggling to get a record deal that most "rappers" they can slaughter have.

Comment

I would have to say Ludacris by far. Behind him would be Eminem, JayZ, and Twista.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
        Ras Kass woulds eat him alive.

Em, in my opinion, is the 2nd best non-underground rapper. By underground I mean that Diddy didn't remix their songs and they're still struggling to get a record deal that most "rappers" they can slaughter have.
        The problem with using underground rappers is that not everyone knows who they are. I could say Stat Quo, and when it comes to ATL rappers I do say Stat Quo, but not many people would know who he is even though he is on Shady Records.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
          I would have to say Ludacris by far. Behind him would be Eminem, JayZ, and Twista.
          Ludacris?? Really?? Best rapper period?? Not trying to insult you, but why Luda, I don't even think he is the best ATL rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
            Ludacris?? Really?? Best rapper period?? Not trying to insult you, but why Luda, I don't even think he is the best ATL rapper.
            Just my personal preference. I enjoy listening to his music more than I do any other rapper. To each his own I guess.

Comment

I only like two rap artists in this world, and they are Tupac and C-Murder. Otherwise, rap=crap.

Comment

That's fine, I was just wondering why you would take him over everyone else.

Comment

Luda has crazy skills and great punchlines, but he is expanding himself into the mainstream, therefore the hunger has been satisfied, therefore he doesn't go for it like he used to. See Jay-Z.

I doubt any rapper who was great will continue to wow us with witty one liners once they co corporate. The mindset changes. I thought Fifty Cent was decent before the whole G U Not crew. Now he's just an action figure.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest

LUDACRIS OVER JAYZ

hahahahahahah
                    Excuse me I choked on my cereal. Ludacris is good but come on. Jay -Z an Eminem??/ NOnesense
                    I think Jay Z is the best right now Because Em put out that song with 50 and think young buck some nonesense it sounds horrible. I liked the song he did for Haley on the Curtains closed album and even the verse with Akon was funny I likd that too but after it just got horrible.

So I say
                    Jay Z
                    Lil Wayne (I Put Em over no Album out now) Eminem
                    T.I

in that Order
                    "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
                      I only like two rap artists in this world, and they are Tupac and C-Murder. Otherwise, rap=crap.
                      Yeah, but Tupac no longer raps, though he has come out with 3429085678934 CD's since his "death" lol.

New rap is crap because all the morons like Chingy a couple of years ago and Dem Franchize Boyz don't actually know how to rap.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
                        LUDACRIS OVER JAYZ

hahahahahahah
                        Excuse me I choked on my cereal. Ludacris is good but come on. Jay -Z an Eminem??/ NOnesense
                        I think Jay Z is the best right now Because Em put out that song with 50 and think young buck some nonesense it sounds horrible. I liked the song he did for Haley on the Curtains closed album and even the verse with Akon was funny I likd that too but after it just got horrible.

So I say
                        Jay Z
                        Lil Wayne (I Put Em over no Album out now) Eminem
                        T.I

in that Order
                        Have you heard No Apologies by Eminem off the Re-Up yet??

Comment

Yeah, but Tupac no longer raps, though he has come out with 3429085678934 CD's since his "death" lol.

New rap is crap because all the morons like Chingy a couple of years ago and Dem Franchize Boyz don't actually know how to rap.
                          I think it's quite rediculous that Pac has more albums out after his death than when he was alive. I don't listen to anything after R.U. Still Down.

Comment

An argument came up in Talkin' Smack about wheter Eminem is the best rapper, I feel he is based on his lyrical ability and the way he can switch through many differents forms of rap and be just as good with each one.

Your thoughts??

Eminem is in my opinion the best marketed rapper of this generation. He was a cash cow for the entertainment industry and mainstream music. I won't bash m&m though. He is good at what he does but do I think he is the best alive? Not even close. I can name a hand full of peeps I think are better writers, rappers and talent in two words, Living Legends.

Honestly, how far would Eminem have gotten if Dre didn't produce his beats? Can Eminem's vocal talents carry his song without Dre's tunes flowing...doubtful IMO.
                            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

You may be right, Dre could have made Eminem, but based on what I have heard from Eminem before Dre when he was still underground I beg to differ. Some of Eminem's best songs are his unreleased songs and the biggest reason why I place him at the top is because he is the only rapper that has lines that make me straight up stop dead and stare openmouthed at my speakers. No other rapper has sufficiently done that besides him, at least not on a consistent basis. Even when I know a line is coming I still stop dead after he says it at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X