Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiohead
    I just don't get Radiohead....I'm not going to bash them because I have rarely listened to them. They are the "darlings" of the critics but to me they seem kinda boring. Over my head I guess.
    My friends who were musicians love them.........

That being said....I like

L.A. Guns, Love/Hate, Motorhead, Krokus, Jizzy Pearl, Ratt, Warlock(Doro Pesch), Megadeth, Beautiful Creatures, Brides of Destruction, AC/DC, Bulletboys, Cinderella, Faster *****cat, Guns-n-Roses, Hanoi Rocks, Ramones, Motley Crue, Rev. Horton Heat, Brethren Fast, Queensryche, Tesla, Warrant, Rob Zombie, Zakk Wylde, Murderdolls.......too many to name.
    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
      I just don't get Radiohead....I'm not going to bash them because I have rarely listened to them. They are the "darlings" of the critics but to me they seem kinda boring. Over my head I guess.
      My friends who were musicians love them.........

That being said....I like

L.A. Guns, Love/Hate, Motorhead, Krokus, Jizzy Pearl, Ratt, Warlock(Doro Pesch), Megadeth, Beautiful Creatures, Brides of Destruction, AC/DC, Bulletboys, Cinderella, Faster *****cat, Guns-n-Roses, Hanoi Rocks, Ramones, Motley Crue, Rev. Horton Heat, Brethren Fast, Queensryche, Tesla, Warrant, Rob Zombie, Zakk Wylde, Murderdolls.......too many to name.

All GOOD stuff.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

I like a little bit of every kind of music...except opera.
        I prefer Rock and Roll on the main menu...thankyou.

Comment

I listen to just about anything. But I will go into phases. Like for a month it will be tool. Then pearl jam. Then maybe the Doors or Pink Floyd. With Westside Connection always close by. Lately its been old school G'N"R. It seems like the weather or seasons really change what I like to listen to. In the fall I like grunge and stuff like type 0- . Any body else this weird? I also like u2 and other alternitive bands.

Comment

What is alternative music today?

I thought it was anything not mainstream. Anything not played on the radio. Can Pearl Jam still be an alternative band?

Can bands like LA Guns and Skid Row be considered alternative. They were once popular....but they continue to put out music that will never get a sniff on Mtv and radio. They are definately outside the mainstream. The albums are grittier, not slickly produced and have attitude. Maybe they are the new version of alternative.
            "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
              What is alternative music today?

I thought it was anything not mainstream. Anything not played on the radio. Can Pearl Jam still be an alternative band?

Can bands like LA Guns and Skid Row be considered alternative. They were once popular....but they continue to put out music that will never get a sniff on Mtv and radio. They are definately outside the mainstream. The albums are grittier, not slickly produced and have attitude. Maybe they are the new version of alternative.
              This has long been my belief as to what constitues "alternative", but I have found that a lot of people define it as a sound closely related to the post-punk influences of the Pixies, Nirvana and R.E.M.

My definition ends up being too all encompassing...cause it would include Elvis Costello, old hair bands, dinosaur rock bands, a lot of european artists who dont; get play here. Basically, its almost too much variety for your average listener who wants to hear SOMETHING they know on occasion.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

I lovingly refer to the hair bands as "**** rock"

Comment

Working...
                X