X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    Starter
    • Oct 2007

I don't like rap at all but somehow I love old eminem (his first 2 albums) so he gets my vote.

Comment

• Cahill
      Starter
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Lupe didn't really have much mainstream relevance before Lasers either.....
      lol, were you out of the country for 07-08?

Comment

• getlynched47
        gEt WrEcKeD!!!
        • Mar 2008

To be clear, not many guys in the game now are better than Lupe lyrically.

Rakim
        KRS-One
        Eminem
        Tech N9ne
        Canibus
        Kool G Rap
        Joe Budden
        Royce Da 5'9"

That's about all I can think of at the moment...
        How are any of them better than Lupe Fiasco? Their lyrics, topics, and flow are so generic.

Eminem is close, though, because I love how personal his lyrics are getting. They're getting deep as he gets older and more mature.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
          Banned User
          • Aug 2004

Once again you completely dodge everything, care to get into a little depth on how his music is garbage. Also please talk about him as an artist and not about his fanbase or appearance when talking about it because it is completely irrelevant to him being a good MC or not.

Until you do this your argument holds no water.
          I am not going to sit here and break down everything cause like I mentioned before, there are too many areas of criteria to properly judge/base a rapper (flow, lyrics, style, sales, etc etc) - he just raps grabage (His flow), he's not in the inner circle of todays cats (U never see him on award shows, never see his videos played), he doesn't look the part of a rapper or act like one - I dunno - I feel as if I am opening this up to a WHOLE 'nutha debate in it's own right here - straight up he'd get bodied lyrically by half these dudes and I guess what I look for most is raw freestyling ability (Because anyone can have someone ghost write or super produce for them to make up for something they lack). I have been around his music through some friends of mine and I never liked it, not one song, one album, one bar...nothing - if you like him - cool, I think he is trash and I could probably body 'em on a verse if I had to lol.

And I like what someone else said about Em's lyrics getting better as he gets older - I agree

Comment

• The Experience
            All-Pro
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            How are any of them better than Lupe Fiasco? Their lyrics, topics, and flow are so generic.

Eminem is close, though, because I love how personal his lyrics are getting. They're getting deep as he gets older and more mature.
            Generic flow? Generic Lyrics? Generic Topics? You obviously havent listened to any of these guys. Im on my phone now so i cant break it down but i will when i get home
            sigpic

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
              Banned User
              • Aug 2004

Generic flow? Generic Lyrics? Generic Topics? You obviously havent listened to any of these guys. Im on my phone now so i cant break it down but i will when i get home
              LOL don't bother, he sucks and I will never like Tech. Next rapper?

Comment

• GridironChamp
                Pioli's right hand man
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                Judging by everything you've said, you know nothing about Tech N9ne, not just
                you don't like him.

His flow is damn good, you can't even argue that really.

He doesn't hang with your mainstream rappers, because he doesn't want to be
                main stream... You are delusional if you don't think ever major label wouldn't be
                chomping at the bit to sign Tech, he wants to be independent and chooses to be.

Free styling he'd get bodied?? Really? Have you heard Tech freestyle, um, ever?

The guy is a straight monster on the mic, and I don't even like or listen to him
                anymore. When he was coming up I was a big fan seeming he's from KC n everything,
                but I'm don't dig his style of rapping, I'm just not into that. So I get not liking
                him, at all, and have no problem with that.. But you dont seem to know a single
                thing about him besides that you hate him.

I'd also take GOOD Music over Slaughterhouse in a heartbeat. From top to bottom,
                no one can handle GOOD Music, especially when you know Jay Z is more or less
                with them without being under contract.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• The Experience
                  All-Pro
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                  Judging by everything you've said, you know nothing about Tech N9ne, not just
                  you don't like him.

His flow is damn good, you can't even argue that really.

He doesn't hang with your mainstream rappers, because he doesn't want to be
                  main stream... You are delusional if you don't think ever major label wouldn't be
                  chomping at the bit to sign Tech, he wants to be independent and chooses to be.

Free styling he'd get bodied?? Really? Have you heard Tech freestyle, um, ever?

The guy is a straight monster on the mic, and I don't even like or listen to him
                  anymore. When he was coming up I was a big fan seeming he's from KC n everything,
                  but I'm don't dig his style of rapping, I'm just not into that. So I get not liking
                  him, at all, and have no problem with that.. But you dont seem to know a single
                  thing about him besides that you hate him.

I'd also take GOOD Music over Slaughterhouse in a heartbeat. From top to bottom,
                  no one can handle GOOD Music, especially when you know Jay Z is more or less
                  with them without being under contract.
                  The only rapper from GOOD Music that could hang with Slaughterhouse is Common.....
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Experience
                    All-Pro
                    • Jan 2007

You continue to dodge it so Tech N9ne must have slept with your girl or somethin.....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cahill
                      Starter
                      • Dec 2006

The only rapper from GOOD Music that could hang with Slaughterhouse is Common.....
                      I don't think Common would voluntarily demote himself to that level though.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                        Pioli's right hand man
                        • Apr 2005

I much prefer Pusha T, CyHi, Mos Def, heck even Kanye and Kid Cudi when they
                        decide to really rap, over anyone in slaughterhouse.

Granted, i've never been an Ortiz or Royce fan. Budden is fire though.
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jun 2007

I am not going to sit here and break down everything cause like I mentioned before, there are too many areas of criteria to properly judge/base a rapper (flow, lyrics, style, sales, etc etc) - he just raps grabage (His flow), he's not in the inner circle of todays cats (U never see him on award shows, never see his videos played), he doesn't look the part of a rapper or act like one - I dunno - I feel as if I am opening this up to a WHOLE 'nutha debate in it's own right here - straight up he'd get bodied lyrically by half these dudes and I guess what I look for most is raw freestyling ability (Because anyone can have someone ghost write or super produce for them to make up for something they lack). I have been around his music through some friends of mine and I never liked it, not one song, one album, one bar...nothing - if you like him - cool, I think he is trash and I could probably body 'em on a verse if I had to lol.

And I like what someone else said about Em's lyrics getting better as he gets older - I agree
                          Is this even about Tech N9ne? If it is you are way off. He has a great flow, better than most rappers. Not in the inner circle? Lol I've seen the video for he's a mental giant at the top of the sucker free countdown for awhile when it first came out and on his last album he did songs with Snoop Dogg, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, BoB, Blind Fury (replaced Eminem I think), E-40, Twista, Yelawolf, Busta Rhymes, Hopsin and he's going to be on The Carter IV so he's definitely . And I'm not sure how you can possibly think people ghost write his verses/songs. I can understand why some people might not like some of his newer music because it's definitely not as aggressive as his older stuff but it's the evolution of his music, no one can stay doing the same stuff for their whole career or else it gets old and people stop listening.

Comment

• The Experience
                            All-Pro
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Is this even about Tech N9ne? If it is you are way off. He has a great flow, better than most rappers. Not in the inner circle? Lol I've seen the video for he's a mental giant at the top of the sucker free countdown for awhile when it first came out and on his last album he did songs with Snoop Dogg, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, BoB, Blind Fury (replaced Eminem I think), E-40, Twista, Yelawolf, Busta Rhymes, Hopsin and he's going to be on The Carter IV so he's definitely . And I'm not sure how you can possibly think people ghost write his verses/songs. I can understand why some people might not like some of his newer music because it's definitely not as aggressive as his older stuff but it's the evolution of his music, no one can stay doing the same stuff for their whole career or else it gets old and people stop listening.
                            It's an evolution of him as well, he is not as hardcore and crazy as he used to be....
                            sigpic

Comment

• Bernie24
                              Playmaker
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                              Tech N9ne is down with the clowns. Juggalo kids listen to tech n9ne too. I don't really get the whole juggalo thing. I think it's mostly an outlet for mid-west white kids to try to be "crazy bad asses". lol
                              That's what happens when suburban white kids try to be bad asses. They end up looking like clowns. Maybe they're just embracing that like a term of endearment.
                              Hey

Im a suburban midwest kid lol not cool

Comment

• kishzilla
                                All-Pro
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                You can't reason with irrational hate. Dude obviously has no idea what he's talking about and doesn't want to, since I showed him but it was ignored lol. Tech has been featured on a lot of heavy hitters tracks, i.e. they wanted him and paid him to be on their song. 200 different artists that make money, making music, apparently are dumber than this guy

For some reason I find their opinion of his abilities to be more credible than his.

It's like this. I don't like 99% of what Lil Wayne does, but there are a couple songs that I do like, and I'm not so adamant about not liking the dude that I would deny myself a good track just because I don't like the rest of his stuff.

stubbornness

noun

a steadfast adherence to an opinion, purpose, or course of action in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X