Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best movie of ALL TIME poll!!! Nominations are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best movie of ALL TIME poll!!! Nominations are in!

Feel free to comment about a movie you see or don't see on the list.
    The Shawshank Redemption
    18.18%
    Good fellas
    0.00%
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    9.09%
    Scarface
    36.36%
    Pulp Fiction
    9.09%
    Star Wars
    9.09%
    Citizen Kane
    9.09%
    Schindler's List
    0.00%
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    9.09%
    The Big Lebowski
    0.00%

Hard to narrow it down, wish that the Broncos BBS software would allow more then 10 poll options. That's kinda lame that it doesn't.

Comment

I voted Scarface, any Oliver Stone written film is one of the best, I don't understand how Raiders or Big Lebowski got on the list, they're good movies, but as an excellent overall film, they're not.
      [QUOTE]
      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

My opinion Scarface has to be the greatest of all time!
        The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Has to be Scarface...

Comment

Just a Thought

Just a thought Benny, but I would have the list looking like this.
            In no particular order

1. Scarface
            2. Pulp Fiction
            3. Apocalypse Now
            4. A Clockwork Orange
            5. Star Wars
            6. Easy Rider
            7. Citizen Kane
            8. Midnight Cowboy
            9. All the President's Men
            10. Alien
            [QUOTE]
            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

As much as I love Scarface, there's no way it's the BEST movie of all time. Great yes, but not the best. Of those movies listed, Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas are the most timeless. I don't really know what the whole world thinks is such the big deal with Citizen Kane, it's so friggin boring. This from someone who watches Turner Classic Movies quite a bit. I'm a bit suprised that The Godfather isn't nominated but Star Wars is - post WWII mafia power struggles are much more intriguing than inter-galactic civil war.

Comment

His Girl Friday
                Some Like It Hot
                Casablanca
                Midnight Cowboy
                Cool Hand Luke

Comment: Your list is heavily weighted toward post-1975 movies.
                Last edited by Jared; 04-26-2004, 04:46 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  His Girl Friday
                  Some Like It Hot
                  Casablanca
                  Midnight Cowboy
                  Cool Hand Luke

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that.
                  Last edited by Jared; 04-26-2004, 04:46 PM.
                  Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

You guys gotta remember that Benny asked us all to list our top 5 movies. He's just putting the movies that were mentioned the most in the poll. It's not Benny's personal list. It's a compilation of what everybody considered to be their personal best movies.

Feel free to call me an idiot if any of you already knew this.
                    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      His Girl Friday
                      Some Like It Hot
                      Casablanca
                      Midnight Cowboy
                      Cool Hand Luke

Actually, it's YOUR list, because I got the nominations from a thread I started earlier last week. Don't blame me, blame the committee.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                        Actually, it's YOUR list, because I got the nominations from a thread I started earlier last week. Don't blame me, blame the committee.
                        True that.

We all must be too young.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Yeah well, the list sucks. Look above, that's the way it should look. Forget, STAR WARS, hell E.T. was more of a Classic than that movie was!
                          [QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                            Yeah well, the list sucks. Look above, that's the way it should look. Forget, STAR WARS, hell E.T. was more of a Classic than that movie was!

I wish there was more poll options, I really do.
                            But if you really wanna see who is king of the hill then you need to look no furthur than www.imdb.com

I believe The Godfather has top billing there.

http://www.imdb.com/top_250_films

Yep, it does. Not my fav but mine did come in at number 2.

Comment

I wish there was more poll options, I really do.
                              But if you really wanna see who is king of the hill then you need to look no furthur than www.imdb.com

I believe The Godfather has top billing there.

http://www.imdb.com/top_250_films

Yep, it does. Not my fav but mine did come in at number 2.
                              GREAT LIST!!!

MEMENTO!!! EXCELLENT FLICK!!!
                              [QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X