No announcement yet.

Your LEAST Favorite Actor or Actress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrison Ford. Terrific in Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Boring as hell in everything else.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
      Jim Carey.

He just goes overboard. I don't find him funny, just annoying.

haha, great minds think alike-- i can't stand jim carey. . . he's the posterboy for "overstated" humor-- if you're funny, you don't have to use all that stupid, exaggerated grimacing and hollering to get a laugh. . .

i agree with those who mentioned nicholas cage as well, and PCE's spot-on about harrison ford-- one of the most type-cast actors of his generation. . . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Mel Gibson.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Tom Cruise has played the same character about 8 million times.

only exceptions: Born On The Fourth Of July, Magnolia, and Collateral.

All of which suck. Well, BOTFOJ doesn't suck, but it is not great.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

I forgot about Hugh Grant. I dislike him as well.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
              Damn you know some butch females if you think Clooney is feminine!

Indeed

My least favorite actors: Mel Gibson, and David Spade

Actress: The fat ones.
              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Jack Black and Ben Stiller are towards the top of my list
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

Marky Mark...

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Least liked still entails some liking of the person. So, I prefer most hated.

My most hated actor? Hmm ... let me get back to you on that one.

My most hated actress? Rosie O'Donnell
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                      Marky Mark...
                      Wow, I couldn't stand him when he was "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch", but actually like him as an actor.

My picks...

Actor = Sean Penn, Mickey Rourk(?sp)

Actress = Angelina Jolie, Beonce and Barbra Streisand (with the exception of Meet the Fockers)

I also really hate when most musicans or other "professions" try acting. Stick to your choosen profession.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Hmmm... to each his own I guess.

I'm kind of in disbelief over some of these choices. But, I guess it's all about one's taste, which sometimes can be terrible. But also can be quite...wonderful.

I suppose this is a difficult question for me because I believe that if I dislike them, they probably shouldn't possess the title of "actor" or "actress"

However, I've noticed that a lot of the ones already listed are in fact great actors and have proven themselves more than once and many have Oscars to prove it.

Of course there are plenty of them out there that have Oscars and don't deserve it as well...

An example would be Brad Pitt. I'm not sure why people dislike him. He's pretty great in just about everything. Se7en, Legends of the Fall, Fight Club, Interview with the Vampire and he's really the only reason to go see Babel.

Another, Sean Penn. The guy is remarkable. Won an Oscar for I Am Sam, was great in Mystic River...

Matt Damon is hit or miss, but I believe The Departed will change your mind. The same goes for Mark Wahlburg. Not really a guy who picks good movies, but he was amazing in The Departed.

Now I realize I haven't said who I most hate. Mostly because as soon as I write someone down and hit "post" I'll likely think of someone even worse.

So I'll just make arguments for those whom I think should not be on this list.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco

I'm kind of in disbelief over some of these choices. But, I guess it's all about one's taste, which sometimes can be terrible. But also can be quite...wonderful.

I suppose this is a difficult question for me because I believe that if I dislike them, they probably shouldn't possess the title of "actor" or "actress"

However, I've noticed that a lot of the ones already listed are in fact great actors and have proven themselves more than once and many have Oscars to prove it.

Of course there are plenty of them out there that have Oscars and don't deserve it as well...

An example would be Brad Pitt. I'm not sure why people dislike him. He's pretty great in just about everything. Se7en, Legends of the Fall, Fight Club, Interview with the Vampire and he's really the only reason to go see Babel.

Another, Sean Penn. The guy is remarkable. Won an Oscar for I Am Sam, was great in Mystic River...

Matt Damon is hit or miss, but I believe The Departed will change your mind. The same goes for Mark Wahlburg. Not really a guy who picks good movies, but he was amazing in The Departed.

Now I realize I haven't said who I most hate. Mostly because as soon as I write someone down and hit "post" I'll likely think of someone even worse.

So I'll just make arguments for those whom I think should not be on this list.
                          Nice post. I used to enjoy Mr. Pitt, but his personal life has taken away from his gifts. Same with Tom Cruise. It probably is immature on my part, but their personal turmoils have changed my perception of them as people and I'm having a harder time seeing them just for their work.

I love Ocean's Eleven and Brad's always-eating character. In a way he is type-cast, I think. So many people look at him as a heart-throb, is he really talented? I don't know. I'm just jaded with actors in general: paid a lot of money for their work. i'll stop now.
                          Last edited by Chica_Ang; 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco

We all have our reasons for hating the actors/actresses we do.......that's what makes this world a great place.....individuality.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chica_Ang
                              Nice post. I used to enjoy Mr. Pitt, but his personal life has taken away from his gifts. Same with Tom Cruise. It probably is immature on my part, but their personal turmoils have changed my perception of them as people and I'm having a harder time seeing them just for their work.

I love Ocean's Eleven and Brad's always-eating character. In a way he is type-cast, I think. So many people look at him as a heart-throb, is he really talented? I don't know. I'm just jaded with actors in general: paid a lot of money for their work. i'll stop now.

True. I try not to let their personal lives interfere with how I view their films. However, perhaps their personal lives bleed in and their films suffer.

I can't believe what happened to Cruise. I'm a huge fan of Top Gun and it pains me to see the star turn into this giant nut-case making movies that are terrible and not to mention he got 100 million for making War of the Worlds...which was horrible.

As for Pitt, at least his movies are good, and always have a great cast (well maybe not Mr. and Mrs. Smith but...) I try not to let that whole soap opera with Brad, Jennifer, Vince and Angelina get in the way.

However, it makes you really appreciate independent films and the actors in them. Or when a mainstream actor starts making more real, non-Hollywood-funded films. Those are good ones.

I do think Pitt has talent. As I mentioned with the films he's been in. And I forgot Snatch...which he was hilarious in.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                                We all have our reasons for hating the actors/actresses we do.......that's what makes this world a great place.....individuality.

PEACE!!!

very true! i'll bet we could get into a huge discussion about "individuality" also...in another thread of course

Headline:
                                "Individuality: Myth or Fact? Fabricated by Society or Pausible to Acheive"

haha.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X