Your LEAST Favorite Actor or Actress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    I thought this would be a fun one to go along with the 'favorite' thread.

So what actors/actresses do you dislike and try to avoid in movies???
    While I can usually separate out good acting from poor politics, there is a growing list of obnoxious showbiz morons who suck up to their Hollywood Left brethren to the extent that I just can no longer abide--regardless of individual acting prowess involved. Once they cross a certain line, I just cannot lose their personal nitwittery (is that a word?) in the character portrayed (or attempted to be portrayed). Hence, I avoid them at the box office. I don’t pay people in show biz to run their mouths on political issues of which so many of their ilk are totally clueless.

Free Speech issue? Hell no! They have just as much a right to prove to the world what nitwits they are as my right to boycott them at the box office.

So, here’s my short list, right off the top (I’m sure I’ll think of dozens more just after posting this):

TOP TEN SHOW BIZ BUFFOONS:

1. Michael Moore (the king of the buffoons)
    2. Ed Asner (1st runner up)
    3. Robin Williams (2nd runner up)
    4. Rosie O’Donnell (a buffoon wannabe)
    5. Alec Baldwin (words cannot describe how I do loathe thee…)
    6. Woody Harrelson (this “natural born moron” is not only a buffoon, but a sorry-ass human being, as well)
    7. Barbra Streisand (not so much of a buffoon as totally clueless… what a shame)
    8. Susan Sarandon (no less clueless than above, but expresses herself better)
    9. Sean Penn (absolute moron—should be promoted to 1st runner up)
    10. George Clooney (looks smarter than he actually is. Too bad he surfaced again after “The Perfect Storm.”)

(DIS)HONORABLE MENTIONS

Bruce Springsteen (the boss is a loss)
    Julie Roberts (this “pretty woman” is pretty ugly inside)
    The Dixie Chicks (can’t come down too hard on them anymore, as they are already washed up, due to Natalie’s big mouth)
    Linda Ronstadt (had a great voice—total shame)
    Chrissie Hynde (this was a tough call, as I really love her music)

IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF

Jim Carey (have no idea what is politics are, but don’t care. This guy is JUST PLAIN GOOFY!)
    Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by buckland
      While I can usually separate out good acting from poor politics, there is a growing list of obnoxious showbiz morons who suck up to their Hollywood Left brethren to the extent that I just can no longer abide--regardless of individual acting prowess involved. Once they cross a certain line, I just cannot lose their personal nitwittery (is that a word?) in the character portrayed (or attempted to be portrayed). Hence, I avoid them at the box office. I don’t pay people in show biz to run their mouths on political issues of which so many of their ilk are totally clueless.

Free Speech issue? Hell no! They have just as much a right to prove to the world what nitwits they are as my right to boycott them at the box office.

So, here’s my short list, right off the top (I’m sure I’ll think of dozens more just after posting this):

TOP TEN SHOW BIZ BUFFOONS:

1. Michael Moore (the king of the buffoons)
      2. Ed Asner (1st runner up)
      3. Robin Williams (2nd runner up)
      4. Rosie O’Donnell (a buffoon wannabe)
      5. Alec Baldwin (words cannot describe how I do loathe thee…)
      6. Woody Harrelson (this “natural born moron” is not only a buffoon, but a sorry-ass human being, as well)
      7. Barbra Streisand (not so much of a buffoon as totally clueless… what a shame)
      8. Susan Sarandon (no less clueless than above, but expresses herself better)
      9. Sean Penn (absolute moron—should be promoted to 1st runner up)
      10. George Clooney (looks smarter than he actually is. Too bad he surfaced again after “The Perfect Storm.”)

(DIS)HONORABLE MENTIONS

Bruce Springsteen (the boss is a loss)
      Julie Roberts (this “pretty woman” is pretty ugly inside)
      The Dixie Chicks (can’t come down too hard on them anymore, as they are already washed up, due to Natalie’s big mouth)
      Linda Ronstadt (had a great voice—total shame)
      Chrissie Hynde (this was a tough call, as I really love her music)

IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF

Jim Carey (have no idea what is politics are, but don’t care. This guy is JUST PLAIN GOOFY!)
      Ha, if Nitwittery isn't a word, it definitely should be...

I agree with some of these... But this looks more like a right wing hit list than it does a list of bad actors.

Michael Moore can be easy to dislike, but I actually thought that his documentaries were well put together, even if he does edit people somewhat unfairly... And I wouldn't really say he qualifies as an 'actor' although I realize you are just going with Hollywood personalities in general.

Clooney and Robin Williams are two of the best, so I'll respectfully disagree with you on those... The Dixie Chicks belong on a different thread...

And Jim Carey gets a pass because I was at the right age when In Living Color and Ace Ventura came out to find them both hilarious.

Comment

Well, my most hated "actor" is Carlos Mencia. I know he's a comedian, but he has a tv show.

As for actress... I can't think of one at the moment...

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
        I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
          Ben Affleck
          second that....Affleck is not one of my faves either

for female...can't think of any at this time...
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
            Ha, if Nitwittery isn't a word, it definitely should be...

I agree with some of these... But this looks more like a right wing hit list than it does a list of bad actors.

Michael Moore can be easy to dislike, but I actually thought that his documentaries were well put together, even if he does edit people somewhat unfairly... And I wouldn't really say he qualifies as an 'actor' although I realize you are just going with Hollywood personalities in general.

Clooney and Robin Williams are two of the best, so I'll respectfully disagree with you on those... The Dixie Chicks belong on a different thread...

And Jim Carey gets a pass because I was at the right age when In Living Color and Ace Ventura came out to find them both hilarious.
            Yeah, you got me, re "hit list." None of the above are really bad actors so much as they are individuals that I wouldn't pay money to see on the screen.

Come to think of it, there are really not that many bad actors out there, since Elvis died. <heh> Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' The King. Let's just say that his forte' was more that of a stage performer than an actor.

As for good and bad actors, I think it's more of who you like or dislike. And this little exercise was further skewed by tossing out names everyone knows. Now the really BAD actors--the ones nobody knows unless you read the fine print on the back of a grade-B sci-fi jacket at Blockbuster--get to skate here, I guess?
            Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Yeah, you got me, re "hit list." None of the above are really bad actors so much as they are individuals that I wouldn't pay money to see on the screen.

Come to think of it, there are really not that many bad actors out there, since Elvis died. <heh> Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' The King. Let's just say that his forte' was more that of a stage performer than an actor.

As for good and bad actors, I think it's more of who you like or dislike. And this little exercise was further skewed by tossing out names everyone knows. Now the really BAD actors--the ones nobody knows unless you read the fine print on the back of a grade-B sci-fi jacket at Blockbuster--get to skate here, I guess?

i don't know. . . everybody knows keeanu reeves, and he's a freakin' HORRIBLE "actor". . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                i don't know. . . everybody knows keeanu reeves, and he's a freakin' HORRIBLE "actor". . . .

Keeanu who? <heh, j/k> Yeah, but at least he is likeable?

Comment

Keeanu who? <heh, j/k> Yeah, but at least he is likeable?

"WOAH!!!"

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoForLife27
                    Well, my most hated "actor" is Carlos Mencia. I know he's a comedian, but he has a tv show.

As for actress... I can't think of one at the moment...

That guy, and his show, is blinkin awful!

And to think, he leads up to the Daily Show and the Report. Talk about mixing oil and water...brilliance with stupidity...
                    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Tony Danza,what an arse!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought of a female actor I don't care for

Nicole Kidman
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Paris Hilton.

most hated person to ever (dis)grace the silver screen and music studios.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                            Paris Hilton.

most hated person to ever (dis)grace the silver screen and music studios.
                            Have to agree. I also think she got hit by the ugly tree and then fell into the wood chipper with it.

So your dad is rich and has a few nice hotels. Big whoop.

Comment

Working...
                            X