Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABronco
    ...and you're officially on ignore.
    might as well put me on there to. i can't stand nirvana or grunge in general.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

• Originally posted by tpryce93
      might as well put me on there to. i can't stand nirvana or grunge in general.
      ...bastards.

Sounds to me like it might be a regional thing after all...overcast skies lead to grunge.
      Last edited by WABronco; 01-25-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• basically anything emo or overly pop-sounding doesn't cut it for me.

Pretty much everything else goes...country, rap, and yes, even classical...some foreign music too.

1. Tie between Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Smashing Pumpkins.

2. Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Radiohead

...and then

3. Metallica, REM, Pink Floyd, and Sigur Ros (I think they're Icelandic or something--kind of like Radiohead).
        Last edited by WABronco; 01-25-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco
          basically anything emo or overly pop-sounding doesn't cut it for me.

Pretty much everything else goes...country, rap, and yes, even classical...some foreign music too.

1. Tie between Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Smashing Pumpkins.

2. Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Radiohead

...and then

3. Metallica, REM, Pink Floyd, and Sigur Ros (I think they're Icelandic or something--kind of like Radiohead).
          No wonder we don't get along much.

I love Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Metallica, and Pink Floyd.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown

I love Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Metallica, and Pink Floyd.

I too love all of those bands... And I could be mistaken, but I think he was listing the music he likes after he ranted about the emo stuff etc. It was a little unclear though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
              I too love all of those bands... And I could be mistaken, but I think he was listing the music he likes after he ranted about the emo stuff etc. It was a little unclear though.
              Ah, well, my most hated would have to be any boy band and any pop band (except some No Doubt, I like a lot of No Doubt's Music)
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• I like old No Doubt, but Gwen Stefani has been bugging the piss out of me lately. "Hollaback Girl" could possibly be the most annoying song of the 21st Century.

Tom Petty pisses me off. I can't explain why. I think it's his voice. Same deal with Bob Dylan.

I used to really hate Blink 182, but not so much anymore. However, A Newfound Glory can still die in a cotton candy fire.

Gorillaz, to me, sounds like 70's elevator music on most tracks. Give me Del by himself, or nothing.

For the record, I do like the following things that other people claim to be pissed off by - and respect be damned (like I've ever given a crap what you jerks think anyway ) :

Insane Clown Posse is a guilty pleasure for me. I can't explain the allure, but some of the stuff just cracks me up. And some of it is genuinely good if you give it a chance.

I like Breaking Benjamin.

I freaking love System of a Down. However, I cannot stand BYOB. It's ridiculous.

I like 3 Days Grace.

I like electronic music in many forms. I used to be a raver kid.

I love, love, love Alice in Chains and Tool. Nirvana, I can give or take. It's not that special to me, honestly. I like "In Bloom." That's about it.

And Buff, I took a listen to Trivium (I watched a couple of videos on YouTube). It's a pretty mixed bag... I didn't really care for Anthem, but I did like "Like Light to the Flies." I have no clue which songs are on the album you recommended, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Ah, well, my most hated would have to be any boy band and any pop band (except some No Doubt, I like a lot of No Doubt's Music)

Careful there, pardner...... if you bag on MENUDO , you and I will have to go to war .
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• interesting thread. . . . of course, after a few pages, it deviated SEVERELY from the original topic-- nice job keith bishop, ya metalhead!

for the record, though. . . . early metallica >>>>>>> later metallica

and WA, WTH are you talkin' about-- do you love nirvana or hate 'em??

anyways, here are a few bands/artists i hate. . .

phish!! or the "i'm grateful they're dead," or pretty much any noodle/jam band. . . .

marilyn manson. . . gimme a break!

eminem's whiny ass-- yea, i said it. . . deal with it!

and probably ANY of the radio/pop junk listed in the first few pages. . . i'm assuming-- i never listen to the radio, a policy i HIGHLY recommend. . . .

EDIT: oh yea, and ANYTHING even remotely country or western. . . . .
                    Last edited by dogfish; 01-26-2007, 03:58 AM.
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• I liked old Metallica, but I was one of those people that thought the Black album was great. Sure it's not heavy like the old albums, but the songwriting was amazing (really that's what I care about- I'm not gonna hate on something just because it's not "heavy enough").

To each is own
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
                        For what it is worth, I like both eras of Metallica.

I just think that they felt trapped in a certain style and knew people whould hate the change. But did it anyway, because they wanted to change. Its comparing apples and oranges.

Also, not sure why someone said Springsteen and Seger sold out. Springsteen has more artistic merit now than back in the 70's and 80's. Not a big fan of his, but he doesn't seem to care about sales or radio.

Seger was doing roughly the same working man storytelling as Springsteen, only a more simplistic, meat & potatoes version, as his Midwestern sensibilities were very present.

Neither has really altered their approach for the sake of hits.
                        Never said they "sold out". I said they sucked out loud.

Comment

Ha, pulled a fast one...those are the bands I like.

Comment

Working...
                          X