Rage Against the Machine Rides Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage Against the Machine Rides Again

I don't know if you all have heard or not, but Rage Against the Machine will be reuniting to headline the Coachella Music Festival this year. They'll be playing on Sunday, April 29th- tickets go on sale this Saturday...

I'm pumped. I like Audioslave, but they are a little too sanitized and radio friendly on their 2nd album... I'm more a "Killing in the Name Of" sort of guy.

Any Rage fans here??

Yeeeeessssssss
    THE TRUTH

Comment

I love Rage....wish I could go and see them!

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
        I love Rage....wish I could go and see them!
        Yeah, I do too... My friends and I are considering putting together a road trip in April to see them. We wanted to go last year when Tool was headlining, but decided to just wait til they got here...

But this could be a one time deal- I haven't heard about them getting together for an album, or any sort of a tour. I'd hate to miss my one chance to see them again.

Comment

tom morello is one of the most underrated guitarists today.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Damn, I have wanted to go there for years, since that is a day trip. But it is not my wife's music. I need to go with someone.

Damn.....

Damn, damn, damn.....

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Was never big on rage. I've been a soundgarden fan forever though, which is why I listen to audioslave, but it's not as good.... :brick:

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                Was never big on rage. I've been a soundgarden fan forever though, which is why I listen to audioslave, but it's not as good.... :brick:

Not so much that I am a Rage fan, but that I understand they were/are amazing live.

I dig Audioslave more than Rage or Soundgarden. More straightforward than either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  Not so much that I am a Rage fan, but that I understand they were/are amazing live.

I dig Audioslave more than Rage or Soundgarden. More straightforward than either.

Yea, but I dig the slower tunes of soundgarden. It just seems that cornell's voice was augmented by the music a lot more than with audioslave.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

I think Audioslave's 1st album was a classic... I can remember downloading the bootlegged versions of Like a Stone and a few others when they were going to be called "Civilian" and the tracks didn't have names. That was when they had decided to scrap the project when their managers couldn't come to an agreement. (I'm glad they worked it out.)

"Like a Stone" is probably up there as one of my favorite songs of all time.

But I think their second album was a letdown and had too many "cookie-cutter" songs that I felt like I had heard before. They're still amazing to see live, and Tom Morello is a living rock legend in my book.

I wonder what Cornell thought about Rage reuniting... I know they had been covering a few Rage songs live.

Comment

More for Gore or the son of a drug lord
                      None of the above **** it cut the cord
                      Lights out
                      Guerrilla radio
                      Turn that **** up

Rage

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                        I think Audioslave's 1st album was a classic... I can remember downloading the bootlegged versions of Like a Stone and a few others when they were going to be called "Civilian" and the tracks didn't have names. That was when they had decided to scrap the project when their managers couldn't come to an agreement. (I'm glad they worked it out.)

"Like a Stone" is probably up there as one of my favorite songs of all time.

But I think their second album was a letdown and had too many "cookie-cutter" songs that I felt like I had heard before. They're still amazing to see live, and Tom Morello is a living rock legend in my book.

I wonder what Cornell thought about Rage reuniting... I know they had been covering a few Rage songs live.
                        |
                        Cornell is great,

Morello is the most instantly distinctive guitarist working in mainstream music today. It used to be that guys like Hendrix, Van Halen, Michael Shencker, Eric Clapton, etc, were instantly recognizable on the radio, before you heard anything else. After Nirvana, that wasn't that case, as soloing became passe for the most part, and a lot of the guitaristsand bands focused on writing, not technical ability But I could ALWAYS tell it was a Rage song before I heard any vocals.

Anyway, Rage was too angry, and Soundgarden always had one or two really weird, slow, trippy songs that I could never get in to on every album. Audioslave is a much more pared down band, in terms of song complexity and arrangements. SOunds more "plug in and play". I love "Original Fire". I always think of it as "What if a 70's metal band had covered a Motown tune?"

Comment

Tried to buy tickets this morning... They went on sale 11 minutes ago and I was waiting by my computer, but they were sold out for sunday's show by the time I could get there... I think they must have sold out on the presale, because i was literally waiting here at 10:59 and was refreshing the page so that I'd be first in line...

They still have 3 day passes, but those are $252 a piece and I can't justify paying that much when there are really only 2 bands I want to see.

Crap!!!

I hate the fact that ticket brokers find a way to have 1000000 tickets, but the fans who are actually in line can't get 1. Same thing when Tool played the Buell Theater this year. So damn frustrating.
                          Last edited by Buff_bronc_fan; 01-27-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X