*SPOILERS* Saw III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SPOILERS* Saw III

This thread will discuss actual movie clips etc. Do Not Read This if you haven't seen it yet.

Ok tpryce lets talk about it here.

I like the twist story line in this one. Bringing Amanda back was obvious but Jigsaw's plan was so incredibly whacked which is also necessary in these movies.

"The Man" Being put through the tests was unexpected at first.

I was a tad confused about the freezer room and the witness. What was she getting sprayed with? Plain water?

When the judge was in the pit and those pig heads starting chopping up filling up the pit had me almost barfing. Then when it picks up speed and throws whole pigs in there, I thought OMG.

The tumor pressure relief surgery scene I had to look away. I really got me.

Just getting the ball rolling here.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

The freezer room sprayed water I'm guessing.

The whole story with the drunk father and the depressed doctor thing was sort of expected but the major moral and the effects made up for it.

The acid bowl with the key trap was so unique and awesome even if the trap was "unwinnable"

The body to chains thing was brutal to look through.

The water thing was plain old harsh and cold

Pig trap didn't really do anything to me because it was pretty lame to be honest.

But the rack! Now that is one crazy trap and to think he pretty much had his limbs and bones torn and broken apart like that made me cringe.

The ending made it look like there's going to be a Saw 4 but I don't know how they are going to pull it off without Jigsaw.

Overall: Bloodier, better, brilliant

Comment

Yes, the acid bowl was unique. I thought that was as bizarre as the freezer room.

I understood the father's anger but the girl was only a witness. I think once he saw her die like that, then he felt more obligated to save the judge. The pig thing was too watery (is that a word? ) Just the idea of what was happening made me almost puke. I could almost smell it personally since I have been in slaughter houses before.

The scene with the driver getting his limbs twisted had me freaked. This type of torture is a more slow death type rather than a quick exit.

Amanda surprised me by not following the rules especially towards the end. We now know jigsaw is dead but is Amanda? Looked like it but.... you know movies.

I am curious what people think about a possible IV. I have a thought about the daughter but wonder what E1 else thinks?

sigpic

Comment

Did Amanda die? We saw what happened but the last thing we know is BOOM.

What about the hubby? I already forgot his name.

sigpic

Comment

Lions Gate has confirmed a 4th one. but what has me baffled is they have Jigsaw coming back.

And if the original writers from the first 3 don't write it it's gonna suck.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
            Lions Gate has confirmed a 4th one. but what has me baffled is they have Jigsaw coming back.

And if the original writers from the first 3 don't write it it's gonna suck.

How could jigsaw actually be back? We saw his neck get sliced with the buzz saw. Could someone have been outside the wings and gone in and some how saved him? I don't get that angle.

If they go to the "ghost" angle. They would open new doors. If they in fact do have him "alive" somehow, then they will have "lots of splaining to do".

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69

How could jigsaw actually be back? We saw his neck get sliced with the buzz saw. Could someone have been outside the wings and gone in and some how saved him? I don't get that angle.

If they go to the "ghost" angle. They would open new doors. If they in fact do have him "alive" somehow, then they will have "lots of splaining to do".
              I think it's just because Tobin Bell (jigsaw) is under contract with lions gate for more saw films.

And if they do go the ghost angle that would be terrible.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

They are probably going to make flashbacks with him in it.

Maybe Daniel or his dad will be back in the 4th one because his dad was never shown killed.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

Maybe Daniel or his dad will be back in the 4th one because his dad was never shown killed.
                  I think it was implied that amanda went back and killed him.

I was surprised when i found out that amanda went back and killed adam.

I hope they don't make a new one. I have a feeling that if they do it will suck hXc.
                  the space that is mine

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

Flashbacks were in III so why not? I would almost prefer a rebirth or something like he was saved by someone not in the picture yet. Going PreSaw would work if they did it right

I think it was implied that amanda went back and killed him.

I was surprised when i found out that amanda went back and killed adam.

I hope they don't make a new one. I have a feeling that if they do it will suck hXc.
                    Amanda is dead. Or is she? Implied she goes back and kills Jigsaw in IV???? If they are BOTH still alive that would be a HUGE twist to things don't ya think?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                      Flashbacks were in III so why not? I would almost prefer a rebirth or something like he was saved by someone not in the picture yet. Going PreSaw would work if they did it right

Amanda is dead. Or is she? Implied she goes back and kills Jigsaw in IV???? If they are BOTH still alive that would be a HUGE twist to things don't ya think?
                      It would be a huge twist on things but i just don't see how it will work. And i think Jigsaw would make sure amanda's dead since she failed her test.
                      the space that is mine

Comment

I thought the Saw III was very predictable but ending was like a corny soap opera. I do like how "the guy" failed his test and that was his test and that his daughter was locked up etc..

#1 and #2 were ALOT better and should quite why they are on top.

If they do a #4 I do not think it will be the same writers and it will get corny

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                          I thought the Saw III was very predictable but ending was like a corny soap opera. I do like how "the guy" failed his test and that was his test and that his daughter was locked up etc..

#1 and #2 were ALOT better and should quite why they are on top.

If they do a #4 I do not think it will be the same writers and it will get corny
                          how was it like a corny soap opera?
                          the space that is mine

Comment

how was it like a corny soap opera?
                            The story was expected with the husband and wife in the same game.

But I honestly think the traps made up for it.

Comment

Do not get me wrong I love the saw series and my rating for the saw series is avg and I am pretty strict on my rating.

But story line was not great at all. Not even close to the first two. The acting was sorry but the visual effects make up for it.

I do like how they went back... how they continue from this is all me.

I would change my ratings to as follows.

I 8.6

II 8.3

III 7.8

Sad to say if they make a IV

It is going to be a 7.1 going off that. The writers should could while ahead and come out with a new series.

I will watch IV regardless though...

*** Also it was a soap opera at the end because the guy would not think about killing a guy that can't move in bed rather then help his girl.

Acting

One twist is cool.. Sad that this one was predictable...

Worst is a trendy two twist like killing someone in a movie and having them get up again

Worst then that a trendy two twist that was predictable.

First two movies unpredictable.

They did this movie way to quick and should have spent more time on it.

I enjoyed the film ALOT but would hate for this movie to be ruined with a 4 even though I would love to see it

Comment

Working...
                              X