Thinking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about...

I am thinking about getting an iPod this weekend or Next. Just about everyone has one, even Jesus does.

But the first thing is how easy is it to use one of them? When it comes to technology, and high-tech gadgets... I SUCK. I can't figure them out.

Second, I don't really want to pay .99 for 1 song other wise I would have to file for bankruptcy. I have over 3,000 bucks worth of CDs (some don't even work anymore ) So I was looking for a site where I can pay monthly or yearly. I came across lime wire on google. I think it is like 40 bucks for a life time membership. Sound good, but are they legit, and most of all is it legal. I do not want to be one of those people who basically steal. Because I would not like it if someone stole my music, and well most of all I do not want to go to prison and become someone’s queen

any help?
    sigpic

I've heard that Napster is monthly.
    THE TRUTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada
      I am thinking about getting an iPod this weekend or Next. Just about everyone has one, even Jesus does.

But the first thing is how easy is it to use one of them? When it comes to technology, and high-tech gadgets... I SUCK. I can't figure them out.

Second, I don't really want to pay .99 for 1 song other wise I would have to file for bankruptcy. I have over 3,000 bucks worth of CDs (some don't even work anymore ) So I was looking for a site where I can pay monthly or yearly. I came across lime wire on google. I think it is like 40 bucks for a life time membership. Sound good, but are they legit, and most of all is it legal. I do not want to be one of those people who basically steal. Because I would not like it if someone stole my music, and well most of all I do not want to go to prison and become someone’s queen

any help?
      You know you can put all the songs from your CD to your Ipod right?

So that means you don't have to steal anything.

Comment

By the way, limewire is free and I honestly wouldn't want to buy limewire pro because its worthless.

Comment

I never figured out how to put the CDs into my old mp3 player. It will not convert or something like that. Can't remember what it said.
          sigpic

Comment

I never figured out how to put the CDs into my old mp3 player. It will not convert or something like that. Can't remember what it said.
            Itunes is way easier to use then the rest.

You just pop the CD in while Itunes is running and it automatically puts the songs into your library.

Comment

Did you use media player when you put your cds on your computer?
              sigpic

Comment

iTunes and the iPod itself are very simple to use.

A single song is 99 cents, but you can just buy the whole cd for 10 bucks.

Putting songs from cd's is incredibly easy. If you have iTunes opened up, just pop in the cd and it will ask you if you want to import it to your library.
                Go Huskers.

Comment

any help?
                  my son either downloads CD's to his iPod or he suggested limewire. They have freebies and they let you search. He also said he had to download their "program" but it is all free. EDIT: They also charge for some.

I don't have or use this stuff. I am just about as technology challenged as you are.

One thing I want to warn you about downloading music. BE SURE YOU HAVE ANTIVIRUS software because that is a big problem.
                  Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 01-26-2007, 09:40 PM.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    my son either downloads CD's to his iPod or he suggested a website called limewire. They have freebies and they let you search. He also said he had to download their "program" but it is all free. EDIT: They also charge for some.

I don't have or use this stuff. I am just about as technology challenged as you are.

One thing I want to warn you about downloading music. BE SURE YOU HAVE ANTIVIRUS software because that is a big problem.

I have Nortan anti something something? Don't no full name.

Well I will do some more thinking about it. My fiance wants one to so I will see what she is up to. Plus she is a bit better than me when it come to compters and what not. But I rule in chess...
                    sigpic

Comment

I have Nortan anti something something? Don't no full name.

Well I will do some more thinking about it. My fiance wants one to so I will see what she is up to. Plus she is a bit better than me when it come to compters and what not. But I rule in chess...
                      LOL I haven't played chess for eons.

We were anti virus exempt for a little while and BAM. 132 viruses were detected and everyone I spoke too, said downloading music or videos are the biggest culprits. Just giving you a warning here to make sure you protect yourself.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Limewire is a free program that CAN be legal, but they don't stop you from downloading illegaly, at all really. Limewire Pro is faster and has better searches, but it costs money and is eh. You used to be able to download it free....using limewire , but I think they fixed that.

I just use iTunes. Its not that bad, and very easy.

Comment

ITunes makes it extremely simple to put songs onto your IPod, and I am assuming you have a PC, so use Limewire, but make sure you back up your hard drive because Limewire takes up some space and has a tendency to slow down your computer if you don't.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

any help?
                            I know the IPod folk might consider it blasphemy... but there are other options out there.

I really like my Sansa player. It's can play MP3s / WMAs, JPEGs, Video, FM Radio (you can even record it for later playback), and a voice recorder. But I mostly use mine for the MP3s. It is also expandable with MicroSD cards (up to 2GB per card, I believe). It's small, compact and sleek. It's has great battery life and a nice screen. They have several models with price dependent on the built-in memory:

Sansa e280 8 GB MP3 Player
                            Sansa e250 2 GB MP3 Player

And a couple models in between, but all with the same features except for the memory. I find it very easy to use because you can easily transfer from Window Media Player. IPod has the name but they're not the the only player in the game. Compare the specs and features on comparable IPod Nanos and note the price difference, too.

Just my :2cents:...
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                              I know the IPod folk might consider it blasphemy... but there are other options out there.

I really like my Sansa player. It's can play MP3s / WMAs, JPEGs, Video, FM Radio (you can even record it for later playback), and a voice recorder. But I mostly use mine for the MP3s. It is also expandable with MicroSD cards (up to 2GB per card, I believe). It's small, compact and sleek. It's has great battery life and a nice screen. They have several models with price dependent on the built-in memory:

Sansa e280 8 GB MP3 Player
                              Sansa e250 2 GB MP3 Player

And a couple models in between, but all with the same features except for the memory. I find it very easy to use because you can easily transfer from Window Media Player. IPod has the name but they're not the the only player in the game. Compare the specs and features on comparable IPod Nanos and note the price difference, too.

Just my :2cents:...
                              I will admit I am an Ipod lover, and I love everything with the name Apple on it, but I will also take the opinion of others on other things with computers and MP3 players. That said, I have yet to see an MP3 player as good as an Apple, maybe price-wise it is better, but as an overall product IPod's are easily and have always been the better MP3 player... IMO.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                              X