Thinking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
    I will admit I am an Ipod lover, and I love everything with the name Apple on it, but I will also take the opinion of others on other things with computers and MP3 players. That said, I have yet to see an MP3 player as good as an Apple, maybe price-wise it is better, but as an overall product IPod's are easily and have always been the better MP3 player... IMO.
    Well, we can certainly have different opinions... as long as you end up agreeing with me.

As to the topic, I guess I don't see what the iPod (Nano, in this case) has over the Sansa player.

Code:
    [U]Feature         	Sansa	iPod Nano[/U]
    Screen Size	[B]1.8"[/B]	1.5"
    FM Tuner  	[B]Yes[/B]	No
    (& recorder)		
    Voice Recorder	[B]Yes[/B]	No
    Expandability	[B]MicroSD[/B]	None
    Plays videos	[B]Yes[/B]	No
    Replace battery	[B]User[/B]	Ship it to Apple
    Games/Calendar	No	[B]Yes[/B]
    Sound quality	Excellent	Excellent
    Price - 8GB	[B]$190[/B] 	$230 
    Price - 2GB	[B]$114[/B] 	$148

I can't comment on the earphones because I always buy my own rather than use those included. I couldn't easily find images the same size but here's how they look (the Sansa's wheel has a cool blue glow when you use it):

I know some people are fans of the iPod and won't consider anything else. But if you've got an open mind, the Sansa offers an excellent feature set and is a high quality product, IMHO. I know I'm pleased as punch with mine.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      Well, we can certainly have different opinions... as long as you end up agreeing with me.

As to the topic, I guess I don't see what the iPod (Nano, in this case) has over the Sansa player.

Code:
      [U]Feature         	Sansa	iPod Nano[/U]
      Screen Size	[B]1.8"[/B]	1.5"
      FM Tuner  	[B]Yes[/B]	No
      (& recorder)		
      Voice Recorder	[B]Yes[/B]	No
      Expandability	[B]MicroSD[/B]	None
      Plays videos	[B]Yes[/B]	No
      Replace battery	[B]User[/B]	Ship it to Apple
      Games/Calendar	No	[B]Yes[/B]
      Sound quality	Excellent	Excellent
      Price - 8GB	[B]$190[/B] 	$230 
      Price - 2GB	[B]$114[/B] 	$148

I can't comment on the earphones because I always buy my own rather than use those included. I couldn't easily find images the same size but here's how they look (the Sansa's wheel has a cool blue glow when you use it):

I know some people are fans of the iPod and won't consider anything else. But if you've got an open mind, the Sansa offers an excellent feature set and is a high quality product, IMHO. I know I'm pleased as punch with mine.
      I do have an open mind, the only reason why I wouldn't get the Sansa is that I already don't like the Nano lol. I like the bigger style IPod, the video, or the old school one, which I still have. The Sansa may be great, but also because I only want to play music on my IPod, I don't really care about having the recorder and all that. The Sansa does, however, look like it is a great product, and as much as I love Apple if I was to get one of the smaller IPods I may go with that, but more than likely I would stick with Apple. I also don't listen to the radio... ever because I despise the radio. So you are correct in that being a great product, but some of the special features it has, that the IPod doesn't, wouldn't affect me because I wouldn't use them.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

I honestly think Ipod nanos aren't that great.

Imo the videos are the way to go because the extra money is most definitely worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
          I honestly think Ipod nanos aren't that great.

Imo the videos are the way to go because the extra money is most definitely worth it.
          I agree.

I hate how I can't upload my DVD's onto it though, and I have to buy them from iTunes
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
            I do have an open mind, the only reason why I wouldn't get the Sansa is that I already don't like the Nano lol. I like the bigger style IPod, the video, or the old school one, which I still have. The Sansa may be great, but also because I only want to play music on my IPod, I don't really care about having the recorder and all that. The Sansa does, however, look like it is a great product, and as much as I love Apple if I was to get one of the smaller IPods I may go with that, but more than likely I would stick with Apple. I also don't listen to the radio... ever because I despise the radio. So you are correct in that being a great product, but some of the special features it has, that the IPod doesn't, wouldn't affect me because I wouldn't use them.
            No problem. I wasn't trying to convert you. I was just trying to provide a viable option for the original poster. I've got nothing against the iPod. But I love my Sansa.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada
              I never figured out how to put the CDs into my old mp3 player. It will not convert or something like that. Can't remember what it said.
              Easy CD extractor. Don't even pay for it. Its good for a month or so, then just delete it and download it again. It'll convert your music files easily into MP3s.
              http://www.poikosoft.com/

Limewire is not legal. Download enough and they will come after you. I have gotten a few songs for free, but not many.

I have an ipod. I highly recommend it. Get the biggest and best model you can afford. Theres a ton of support, accesories and stuff for it. Ipod can play the music you get from limewire and your CDs. Some MP3 players out there will have trouble with stuff that isen't copyrighted (I believe Sony has that issue).
              You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
                I agree.

I hate how I can't upload my DVD's onto it though, and I have to buy them from iTunes
                Tehehehe I have like 5 DVD's on my Ipod.

But it would take to long on how to do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  No problem. I wasn't trying to convert you. I was just trying to provide a viable option for the original poster. I've got nothing against the iPod. But I love my Sansa.
                  That actually does seem pretty good, but I think the original poster already has the IPod.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                  X