Danny McBride Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny McBride Stuff

The dude makes me laugh. Even though his characters are sometimes very similar, and he appears quite loyal to cast members, I keep on watching. By the way, I do admire loyalty.

The current series I am watching is The Righteous Gemstones. Crazy, silly, funny stuff. Admittedly I have not seen all his shows, but I get a sense of his style. I can't remember the star who said it, but when asked about a group of funny folks who were together for a show or an event, he stated that McBride had the best sense of comedy of the group. He was quick and creative. It might have been Pineapple Express but I can't quite recall.

Maybe it's the self deprecating nature of his characters that makes me like him so much, How hard they try to be something they are not. How often they fail. And even the soft spot you have for them from time to time in spite of the idiotic behaviour. And the goofiness of course.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-13-2022, 10:22 AM.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

The current series I am watching is The Righteous Gemstones. Crazy, silly, funny stuff. Admittedly I have not seen all his shows, but I get a sense of his style. I can't remember the star who said it, but when asked about a group of funny folks who were together for a show or an event, he stated that McBride had the best sense of comedy of the group. He was quick and creative. It might have been Pineapple Express but I can't quite recall.
    Could it possibly have been This is the End? To stand out the way he did in an ensemble class is impressive. I remember going watching the film when it was first released and he got the most laughs out of the people viewing. He was great in Pineapple Express too. Even his brief appearance in Observe and Report had me laughing loudly the first time I saw it.

I haven't got around to watching the first two episodes of Season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones yet, but I look forward to watching them when I do. Eastbound and Down is still something I go back and watch parts of regularly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	12
Size:	4.37 MB
ID:	8400360

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Could it possibly have been This is the End? To stand out the way he did in an ensemble class is impressive. I remember going watching the film when it was first released and he got the most laughs out of the people viewing. He was great in Pineapple Express too. Even his brief appearance in Observe and Report had me laughing loudly the first time I saw it.

I haven't got around to watching the first two episodes of Season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones yet, but I look forward to watching them when I do. Eastbound and Down is still something I go back and watch parts of regularly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	2 Size:	4.37 MB ID:	8400360

It could very well be This Is The End.

Even Vice Principles was ok by me.

Comment

Working...
      X