Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzfest is FREE this year!!!

The Prince of Darkness decreed it.

LOS ANGELES - It's the most startling news to hit the heavy-metal circuit since Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat.

The wizard of the Ozzfest is going back on the road this summer and this time the tickets to his 25-city tour will be free.

"It's our 12th year and we wanted to shake it up a bit and do something different," Osbourne's wife, Sharon, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Ticket prices for Ozzfest, which have ranged from $35 to $150, were beginning to rise beyond the reach of the rocker's loyal fans, his wife said, and he didn't want that to happen.

"It's not saying that I'm now Mother Teresa or that Ozzy is a saint, but you know what? He's been doing this a long time and his audience has been really good to him," Sharon Osbourne said. "So if he goes out one summer of his life and he doesn't get paid, big deal."

Osbourne has been wooing corporate sponsors to cover the cost of the tour. So far, his wife said, six have signed up.

The tour kicks off July 7 in Los Angeles, with stops planned in San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, New York, St. Louis and several other cities. A final list of dates and stops is still in the works.

Organizers haven't revealed yet who will be joining Osbourne on stage, but his wife said she hopes it will include numerous special guests who will drop in for one or two shows.

Over the years, Ozzfest has showcased a number of up-and-coming bands, including Linkin Park, Incubus and System of a Down.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

I heard that last night... it is ridiculous and I definitely want to try and go.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

if it came close to me i would go.

but they better get better bands then some of the past tours.

oh yeah also expect to pay 80 dollars for a t-shirt and 20 for a bottle of water.
      Last edited by tpryce93; 02-07-2007, 02:18 PM.
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
        if it came close to me i would go.

but they better get better bands then some of the past tours.
        Dude, they could have your grandma playing the washboard and a gas station attendant on his harmonica and the price would still be right.

Come on, it's the bloody Prince of Darkness.

I. Cannot. Wait.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
          Dude, they could have your grandma playing the washboard and a gas station attendant on his harmonica and the price would still be right.

Come on, it's the bloody Prince of Darkness.

I. Cannot. Wait.
          well the 06 ozzfest the second stage (not the monster one) was better then then either the main stage or the monster second stage.

ozzy, disturbed, hatebreed, and dragonforce were the only good bands on the main stage.

while the second stage had an amazing line-up with the red chord, SYL, full blown chaos, bad acid trip, all that remains, and between the buried and me.

I would rather pay to go see the second stage then the mainstage.

just my opinion.

but it all really doesn't matter since i'm stuck in montana.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Hopefully, Ozzfest will put in some actual METAL bands instead of the emo-esque bands that call themselves "metal"

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
              Hopefully, Ozzfest will put in some actual METAL bands instead of the emo-esque bands that call themselves "metal"
              there really aren't any emo-esque bands.

besides bleeding through last year.
              the space that is mine

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
                uh ok....um it's free ***?????

sigpic

Comment

where and when??

sigpic

Comment

You know Sharon's getting paid somehow. That broad would'nt do anything for free.
                    It is cool though. Free tix for the fans are always good.
                    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
                      You know Sharon's getting paid somehow. That broad would'nt do anything for free.
                      It is cool though. Free tix for the fans are always good.
                      it's being sponsored by huge companies. monster, jager, and another one i forgot are already on board.

and even without charging ticket prices there gonna make a profit from merch and 8 dollar bottles of water.
                      the space that is mine

Comment

it's being sponsored by huge companies. monster, jager, and another one i forgot are already on board.

and even without charging ticket prices there gonna make a profit from merch and 8 dollar bottles of water.
                        You still don't have to pay for the ticket, so it is still a helluva lot cheaper. Ozzie isn't dumb, he knows he is still going to make money, but that doesn't make it any less of a nice gesture that he is giving the tix for free.

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                          You still don't have to pay for the ticket, so it is still a helluva lot cheaper. Ozzie isn't dumb, he knows he is still going to make money, but that doesn't make it any less of a nice gesture that he is giving the tix for free.
                          he's not really giving them away for free the corporations that are paying for the tickets are giving them away for free.

but still it's a good idea. However until more details are released i still think there are some more details that need to be figured out.
                          the space that is mine

Comment

he's not really giving them away for free the corporations that are paying for the tickets are giving them away for free.

but still it's a good idea. However until more details are released i still think there are some more details that need to be figured out.
                            Still we get them for free... Ozzie gets his money... everyone is happy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                              The Prince of Darkness decreed it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!
                              Holy (stuff)

If I can just convince my wife that sleeping in line for admission for a few days doesn't mean I am crazy, I am there!

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X