The Dark Knight (2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight (2008)

So, I've been dabbling on the IMDb for updates and hubbub about The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins.

I figure, I know you guys a lot better and I also think you guys are a lot more intelligent than many of the posters I'm finding on the IMDb. Especially about The Dark Knight.

So I thought I'd get a discussion going here about it. I know that Benny is a huge Batman fan like I am considering his username here is..in fact, The Dark Knight.

So far the returning cast is still entact as far as Alfred, Bruce and Gordon go. And we all know that Heath Ledger is on board to portray The Joker.

Now, there's still a huge debate about who should play Dent. And there are several rumors flying around about who actually has been chosen.

A few are: Aaron Eckhart (latest frontrunner), Liev Schreiber (my personal choice) and a few others.

Also, what about the continuation of Rachel Dawes? And since Katie Holmes will not be returning, who should play her, or should they just not have her in TDK?

With all of that said and done, I cannot wait for this to come out because I know that it will be amazing and I'm even looking forward to see how Ledger will do. I'm hoping he will prove himself. He said that he wants to use "The Killing Joke" and "A Clockwork Orange" to help inspire his version of The Joker, so I think that will be interesting to see.

Any other thoughts or comments or ideas? Contribute!
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

That is awsome a moive about one of Broncosmaina's very own posters

Sorry I just can't see "Broke Back" Heath an a Role Jack did.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

The Rachel Dawes character should be cut out, and Crispin Glover (Marty's dad from Back to the Future) should have played the joker. Just my opinion. Carry on.

Comment

I personally wish Mark Hammil was young (and skinny) enough to do Joker. He does a perfect job on the voice in the animated series'.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaManMan
          I personally wish Mark Hammil was young (and skinny) enough to do Joker. He does a perfect job on the voice in the animated series'.
          Good idea. Actually, Jack Nicholson wasn't exactly a spring chicken when he did the Joker...Oh well, too late now! I think Heath Ledger is fine, I just like to imagine different people in different roles. Like would'nt Patrick Stewart make a good Mr. Freeze if he wasn't already in X-Men?
          I can't wait for the Dark Night to come out. I like how they are basing the new Batmans after the late70's/ealy 80's/Frank Miller stuff. Only in the first one, he should have been a samurai, not a ninja.

Comment

They should feature our very own TDK!
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
              The Rachel Dawes character should be cut out, and Crispin Glover (Marty's dad from Back to the Future) should have played the joker. Just my opinion. Carry on.

I agree with both of these statements. I don't think she needs to be in it anymore. They already established that there can't be a relationship between the two of them until Gotham no longer needed Batman. And we all know that'll never happen.

When they said they were thinking about Crispin Glover, I thought that was the best idea they could have for The Joker. He's tall and skinny and has the facial structure for it. Plus he's just creepy.

However, I guess we'll all have to see how Ledger does.

And a guy I work with and I were talking about Patrick Stewert being the perfect Mr. Freeze. That would be sweet. He's bald, intelligent, and just has that sophisticated, doctoral look to him. And of course he'd play it better than Arnold, not to mention he has the better build for it... And I don't think the fact that he's in X-Men should stop him from playing other roles from comic series. As far as the movies go, it's all about studio's and money... So I don't think DC or Marvel would have much to say about it.

Sort of :offtopic: Also...what about Patrick Stewart as Lex Luthor? Now that would've been interesting.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                I agree with both of these statements. I don't think she needs to be in it anymore. They already established that there can't be a relationship between the two of them until Gotham no longer needed Batman. And we all know that'll never happen.

When they said they were thinking about Crispin Glover, I thought that was the best idea they could have for The Joker. He's tall and skinny and has the facial structure for it. Plus he's just creepy.

However, I guess we'll all have to see how Ledger does.

And a guy I work with and I were talking about Patrick Stewert being the perfect Mr. Freeze. That would be sweet. He's bald, intelligent, and just has that sophisticated, doctoral look to him. And of course he'd play it better than Arnold, not to mention he has the better build for it... And I don't think the fact that he's in X-Men should stop him from playing other roles from comic series. As far as the movies go, it's all about studio's and money... So I don't think DC or Marvel would have much to say about it.

Sort of :offtopic: Also...what about Patrick Stewart as Lex Luthor? Now that would've been interesting.
                Off topic but cool. I wonder who the villian in the inevitible 3rd Batman sequel will be? How about Dennis Franz as the Penquin?

Comment

So far...

The last i've heard was that katie's character will not be in the sequel. Although there's been an interesting rumor that rachael mcadams (the notebook, redeye) might get a role in the film, either as bruce's new love interest, or as harley quinn? Just have to wait n' see.

Comment

Ooooohhh. Harley Quinn! Now that would be cool!

Comment

I really, really, really wanted Crispin Glover to play The Joker. IMHO he would have been a most excellent choice.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                        I really, really, really wanted Crispin Glover to play The Joker. IMHO he would have been a most excellent choice.
                        I know... I wonder how that fell through? Then he ends up in that horrible Epic movie. Oh well, too late now. At least Christian Bale is a great Batman AND Bruce Wayne. I liked Michael Keaton, I just can't imagine him kicking butt.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                          I know... I wonder how that fell through? Then he ends up in that horrible Epic movie. Oh well, too late now. At least Christian Bale is a great Batman AND Bruce Wayne. I liked Michael Keaton, I just can't imagine him kicking butt.
                          Even then, Crispin Glover would make a good Riddler too
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                            Even then, Crispin Glover would make a good Riddler too
                            He would make a good Penguin with a fat suit too. I guess the fact is, I just think he needs to be in the movie somehow. Heck, he can be Robin.

Comment

Woot....Batman Begins was awesome (specially in IMAX) I can't wait until this one.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X