Van-Halen fans--Caption this pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van-Halen fans--Caption this pic

Eddie looks like the real Eddie form Iron Maiden.

I can't wait to hear what they sound like together!

It will go down.......

It will go down well....

Yeeeehaaaaaawwwwww!!!!

Comment

is diamond dave turning into david bowie??????????
      sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

OMG!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Holy Toledo Batman. I wonder if they will need canes and wheelchairs on stage? LOL But hey, If Mick and The Stones are still doing it..... I wonder if Dave can still kick his legs like he used to?

WOW... That picture really makes me feel old. I remember seeing them on their first ever tour in 1979. So do we have tour dates yet? I hope they play Vegas. I am sure they will, but ticket prices and availability there may be a problem.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
          I hope they play Vegas. I am sure they will, but ticket prices and availability there may be a problem.

i heard they are taking social security checks from their fans.

i liked them better with sammy but dave's cool.
          sammy kills in his 1st band called "montrose" early 70's i think.
          dave's showmanship has to be going. he took over a radio spot in phili. 94.1 and failed miserably on it. now that he has free time he wants to play again. ill stick with sammy.
          sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
            i heard they are taking social security checks from their fans.

i liked them better with sammy but dave's cool.
            sammy kills in his 1st band called "montrose" early 70's i think.
            dave's showmanship has to be going. he took over a radio spot in phili. 94.1 and failed miserably on it. now that he has free time he wants to play again. ill stick with sammy.
            Now THAT was funny...... Social Security Checks.... LMAO!

I saw VH with Sammy as well. Although he wasn't as flamboyant as Dave, he has a great style of his own. I think the quality of the music we better with Sammy involved as well. The lead singer switch probably saved the band.

But I love that classic VH music especially the debut and VH II. Just to hear them sing it would be a thrill for me. Songs like Jamie's Crying, Running With the Devil and Dance The Night Away have always been favs.

EDIT: I forgot to add that Montrose was a 70's band yes. They were quite good. You can occasionally hear songs from them on classic rock channels.

sigpic

Comment

"paper money" now stuck in my head thanks sammy

i dont think ill ever go and see dave perform for fear of him coming out in that bumble bee spandex outfit. that would scare the .... out of me watching him in those getups and doing his splits and jumps nowadays.
              michael anthony is now with sammy &the wabo's and i hear he will never play again in van halen. the circus continues.
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

God I certainly hope the spandex outfits are still engulfed in moth balls in the back of his closet. I would also hope he doesn't think he's still "got it" referring to his kicks and splits. The guy was very limber, that is for sure but I can imagine that time has taken it's toll on him like the rest of us. He doesn't really look like a gym rat but you never know with him I suppose. I haven't heard much about him for years.

He looks funny with short hair.

sigpic

Comment

I don't care how old Eddie looks...

...that's my favorite guitarist ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderfan76
                    He is something special, Eddie himself said that Wolfgang (his son in that pic) is even better!

I have heard that Wolfgang is a fantastic guitar player and that is high praise coming from his father who is ranked up near the top of best guitarist of all time. I also love Eddie's playing. He is in fact something special with both of his front men.

I am looking forward to seeing them play.

sigpic

Comment

Why are the tourdates/schedule so hush-hush? I have been searching all over the web for even a clue of where they will be playing and nothing is out there yet.

sigpic

Comment

Cap the Pic: Where's Waldo the rehab years!!!
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

They are one of my favorite bands, I've seen them six times, and will probably go see them again for this tour, but they are not Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I think Eddie has officially lost his mind.
                          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                            They are one of my favorite bands, I've seen them six times, and will probably go see them again for this tour, but they are not Van Halen without Michael Anthony. I think Eddie has officially lost his mind.
                            Eddie is attempting to keep the band alive since he is the "root" if you will.

MA was a great basist but to replace that role wouldn't be that hard. Surprised they used Wolfgang but whatever.

And with DLR back, WOW... I hope those vocals bring back BIG memories.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                              Eddie is attempting to keep the band alive since he is the "root" if you will.

MA was a great basist but to replace that role wouldn't be that hard. Surprised they used Wolfgang but whatever.

And with DLR back, WOW... I hope those vocals bring back BIG memories.
                              Yeah, but it's more than the bass. His vocals are very important to the VH sound. I'm just not sure that a 15 year old kid should be part of a legendary rock band - he should be a part of "Hansen". lol
                              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X