Official 79th Academy Awards/Oscars Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribouRanch
    Special Teams
    • Dec 2005

Official 79th Academy Awards/Oscars Thread!

Hi, everyone! Ellen DeGeneres will host the 79th Annual Academy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles Sunday night. KMGH Channel 7 in Denver will televise the annual event on ABC-HD honoring and awarding the best performers and movies nominated in 2006 in the motion picture industry. Live coverage of the Oscars will start at 6:00PM Mountain Standard Time.

Get the latest news about the 2024 Oscars, including nominations, winners, predictions and red carpet fashion at 96th Academy Awards Oscar.com.

Get the latest news about the 2024 Oscars, including nominations, winners, predictions and red carpet fashion at 96th Academy Awards Oscar.com.
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:
  • antiwup
    Special Teams
    • Feb 2007

ellen degenerate! i hate actors and actresses they all force there political views on us like we owe them! babel preaches open borders and supports illegal immagration i hate that movie! in my book team america world police is the best movie ever made. then patton followed by we where soldiers and band of brothers miniseries! the unit is currently the best show on television followed by jericho and heroes. down with the dixie chickens!
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

• RealBronco
      Resident Film Critic
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by antiwup
      ellen degenerate! i hate actors and actresses they all force there political views on us like we owe them! babel preaches open borders and supports illegal immagration i hate that movie! in my book team america world police is the best movie ever made. then patton followed by we where soldiers and band of brothers miniseries! the unit is currently the best show on television followed by jericho and heroes. down with the dixie chickens!

and then you give Alpha Dog a 10/10?

you confuse me.

Babel was a horrible piece of crap. I'll give you that and I literally cheered when The Departed (the deserving Oscar king with 4 wins) beat it every time.

Babel had great cinematography and a wonderful score and good acting, don't get me wrong...but watch Inarritu's "21 Grams" and you've seen Babel already.

but finally, the Oscars pleased me. They agreed with me on the best picture and director of the year.

GO DEPARTED!!!
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• MileHighStud
        Captain
        • Aug 2005

Yeah I am really glad Forrest Whitaker won best actor. He is great!!! One of my favorite movies he was in is "Lush Life" it was an HBO movie. I am not soo sure I adree with alan arkin winning best supporting, but he was good in LMS. Overall I would say it was a great award ceremony.
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• Kapaibro
          Crusher of Dreams
          • Oct 2005

Wow, when you ramble senselessly, you really go all out!
          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
            First Year Fan 1974
            • Sep 2003

Wow. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I thought a humorous part of the show was Al Gore being teased and going on about the global warming with Mellissa Ethridge chiming in after her win. They wondered how Gore would keep his comments under 90 seconds. LOL.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Jared
              Retired Mod
              • Aug 2003

People still watch the Oscars?

That's like Hollywood pleasuring only itself, and then claiming it is good in bed because it always makes it's partner satisfied.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

• Nick
                <- Ready for the salute
                • Mar 2006

I won't be watching Oscars again. Pan's Labryinth got screwed!

Comment

• ckstorm182000
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Oct 2006

So glad Babel didn't get the top honors. I thought the movie was pure crap. Crash was 40,000X better than that crap.

And woot to the Departed which is my new favorite movie. Go Marty!

Comment

• Nick
                    <- Ready for the salute
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ckstorm182000
                    So glad Babel didn't get the top honors. I thought the movie was pure crap. Crash was 40,000X better than that crap.

And woot to the Departed which is my new favorite movie. Go Marty!
                    I was pleased with that and love his movies!!!

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                      First Year Fan 1974
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jared
                      People still watch the Oscars?
                      Um... Yeah, I watch it *gulp*

I like to watch the entertainment angle of things along with who needs arrested by the fashion police or who may make an arse out of themselves.

They had a couple of neat things they did last night. Before the presentation of sound mixing award, they had what they called the "sound affect orchestra" that was made up of about 60 people or so. They would show clips from movies in the background while the group made the sound affects with their mouths. It was amazing hear them do a shower, waterfalls, jets, cars screetching and on and on.

Another thing they did was they had this big backdrop and would shine a light from behind and all we could see were the shadows of about 10 people. This group would enter into the light and make pictures with their bodies. That was really cool. They did this almost before every commercial.

sigpic

Comment

• Charlie Brown
                        King of the Echo People
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by NBudris
                        I won't be watching Oscars again. Pan's Labryinth got screwed!
                        I believe Pan's Labyrinth would fall under next year's Oscars.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                          First Year Fan 1974
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                          I believe Pan's Labyrinth would fall under next year's Oscars.

It was nominated several times last night with no luck.

sigpic

Comment

• DawgFanatic
                            Playmaker
                            • Jun 2006

I would never give these stupid/retarded/bias/racist...shows ratings, ever...

(this is not smack, just my personal opinon...)

sigpic

Comment

• Charlie Brown
                              King of the Echo People
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                              It was nominated several times last night with no luck.
                              Oh, then I am mistaken.

What was it nominated for?
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X