Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which will be the BIGGEST summer Blockbuster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Jaws's money alone should give POTC a HUGE boost.

not to mention the thousands of clones she's been working on recently...they will ensure that POTC is on top!

Comment

Transformers will be because its new and the other shows are sequals. i tend to feel new movies will win out. Transformers looks crazy cool too!
      GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

That was an interesting 7 minute clip of Spidey. But if you haven't heard about Venom yet, then I don't know where you've been.

I think Spiderman will win out because the other two have been huge on their own, plus they haven't messed up the franchise yet. The story is still strong and captivating.

I don't know why everyone is on the Pirates bandwagon. The only reason Dead Man's Chest was huge was because of the first one. But it wasn't that great. It was too long and it suffered the same fate that many #2's in Trilogies do. No one really cares because they want to see results and what happens. So, At World's End better be amazing or no one will return, and word will get out and the sales will suffer.

Harry Potter will ONLY be big because of the previous movies and the release of the book, etc. It's IMAX sales will help it out as well but the fact that Spiderman 3 will be in IMAX as well as possibly 3-D, that will kill any chances Harry has of coming out on top.

Transformers doesn't have a chance. It will have a huge opening weekend because everyone is stoked to see it, including me. But since Michael Bay has a knack for screwing things up, that will be the end of Transformers. It'll have some aftershocks the next weekend but unless Bay actually pulls it off and it's awesome, it won't even compare to the others.

The Simpson's movie is too far overdue for it to be any good. But it should be funny or alright and worth seeing, but since they waited way too long, people will be expecting huge things and I fear that we will be disappointed.

So I'm thinking Spiderman 3 is the summer's best bet.

The good thing is, that each one of them will have the chance to be deemed the #1 movie in America at least once since none of them open during the same weekend. Unless one of them really blows things away, they will all hit this spot on the chart.

Oh...and Die Hard

well, the name says it all. This one won't do much. Simply because this is one of those where you're like: "Why are they making a 4th one? I'll wait and rent it..."
        Last edited by RealBronco; 03-22-2007, 05:18 PM.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

It really is amazing how many possible "Blockbusters" there could be each year. Not only that, but the turnaround to DVD is less then 4 months is some cases! Case in point. In the old days when I was growing up, E.T. was in theaters for nearly a year and did not come out on VHS for years after that. Also, a movie like the original Star Wars was still in theaters well into 1978 after being released in 1977! I'm not sure if I'm happy to have a new hit every week, or just dizzy. Literally every single weekend in the summer has a new top box office movie. Check the stats yourself!

Comment

Spiderman 3 will
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Looks like Spidey has "wrapped" up the victory. He really "crawled" up in the poll. Looks like this summer everyone will be "caught in his web". He's got about "eight legs" up on the competition. He.......well, looks like Spiderman 3 is the winner. I'm out of puns. Thanks everyone for voting!

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                Spiderman 3

Just imagine what 300 would have been like if they released it during the damn summer.
                Thats what they should have done! I voted Spiderman 3 but I am more excited to see Die Hard 3 "Yippy Ky Yay" MUTHASUCKA!!!!! God I loved those movies.
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                  Thats what they should have done! I voted Spiderman 3 but I am more excited to see Die Hard 3 "Yippy Ky Yay" MUTHASUCKA!!!!! God I loved those movies.
                  You mean Die Hard 4

Die Hard
                  Die Hard: Die Harder
                  DIe Hard: With a Vengeance
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                    You mean Die Hard 4

Die Hard
                    I love Die Hard, but I didn't really like the second one. This one can be Die Hard 3 thats fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                      You mean Die Hard 4

Die Hard
                      LOL Yeah thats what I meant. I meant to hit the 4 (Button)

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                        I love Die Hard, but I didn't really like the second one. This one can be Die Hard 3 thats fine with me.
                        Wow 2 and 3 are tied IMHO for the better of the three that are out (Thus far anyway). All I got to say is that John Mclain has got the worse luck, always at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                          Wow 2 and 3 are tied IMHO for the better of the three that are out (Thus far anyway). All I got to say is that John Mclain has got the worse luck, always at the wrong place at the wrong time.
                          Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy Part II. I'm just saying if all the Die Hards were my kids, part two would be the redheaded one I treated the worst to prepare him for the hard life he was going to have.

EDIT: Part I is hands down the best IMHO. The whole shoeless thing was a cool twist.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                            Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy Part II. I'm just saying if all the Die Hards were my kids, part two would be the redheaded one I treated the worst to prepare him for the hard life he was going to have.

EDIT: Part I is hands down the best IMHO. The whole shoeless thing was a cool twist.
                            LMAO @ redhead kid lol. 3 is good Sam Jackson makes that film that much better.

Comment

Grindhouse should have been a summer film. Very fun!

Comment

Thought I'd bump this since Spidey 3 is coming out friday. Also, after learning more about Spidey 3, I want to change my vote to Pirates of the Carribean! Some of the early reviews are confirming my fears....but I still got tix for the Imax on opening day!

Comment

Working...
                                X