Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed racer!

Hirsch Talks Speed Racer
    March 23, 2007 - Emile Hirsch (Alpha Dog) is set to star in the title role of Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' new actioner Speed Racer, under the direction of the Wachowski brothers. Although the Hollywood trades reported the casting earlier this week, the official announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Robinov said in a statement, "Emile Hirsch is one of today's fastest-rising young stars, which makes him the perfect choice to take the wheel of Speed's Mach 5. He continues to showcase his talents in a variety of challenging roles and we are thrilled to have him in the title role of Speed Racer."

Hirsch recorded a video message to Speed Racer fans, which is posted at YouTube.com. "Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in a movie like this with guys like Larry and Andy, who made The Matrix, which is just one of my favorite trilogies of all time. It's just a new vision, something you've never really seen before. It's futuristic, like Blade Runner meets Andy Warhol kind of pop art and just this kind of colorful world. There's something about racing. In America everybody has a car so everybody can be Speed in a weird way. One of the dangerous parts of the audition process for me was I'd get into the character of Speed and I'd be like driving home after the audition like (mimics racecar noise). You gotta be careful driving. It's crazy."

Slated for release on May 9, 2008, Speed Racer is being written and directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski, and produced by Joel Silver under his Silver Pictures banner.

Based on the classic series created by anime pioneer Tatsuo Yoshida, the live-action Speed Racer will follow the adventures of the young race car driver Speed in his quest for glory on and off the track in his thundering Mach 5. The film will feature other characters that fans of the show will remember, including Speed's family and his mysterious arch-rival, Racer X. The new high-octane actioner will combine the kind of revolutionary visual effects and cutting-edge storytelling that have become the benchmarks of the Wachowskis' films, bringing Speed Racer into the 21st century.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/775/775619p1.html
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

As Cake once said

The Distance

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
    Engines pumping and thumping in time
    The green light flashes, the flags go up
    Churning and burning they yearn for the cup

They deftly manuver and muscle for rank
    Fuels burning fast on an empty tank
    Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
    Their prowess is potent and secretly stern

As they speed through the finish, the flags go down
    The fans get up and they get out of town
    The arena is empty except for one man
    Still driving and striving as fast as he can

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
    Not long ago somebody left with the cup
    But he's driving and striving an hugging the turns
    And thinking of someone for who he still burns

He's going the distance
    He's going for speed
    She's all alone, all alone, all alone in a time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
    He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse
    He's going the distance

No trophies, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no lime
    He's haunted by something he cannot define
    Bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    Assail him and bail him with monster truck force

In his mind he's still driving, still making the grade
    She's hoping in time that her memories will fade
    'Cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
    Not long ago somebody left with the cup
    But he's striving and driving and hugging the turns
    And thinking of someone for who he still burns

'Cause he's going the distance,
    He's going for speed
    She's all alone
    All alone
    All alone
    In a time of need

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
    He's racing and pacing and plotting the course
    He's fighting and biting and ridding on his horse
    He's going the distance
    He's going for speed
    He's going the distance
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Wow, didnt know about this... awesome

Comment

I've heard about this for a while now. Hope they don't screw this up. I think it may be a bit past it's time though. Speed Racer regained popularity in the mid to late 90's but I'm not sure anyone cares anymore. They should have made it back then with Johnny Depp as Speed Racer, Wynona Ryder as Trixie, Kiefer Sutherland as Racer X, and one of the Olsen Twins as the monkey Chim Chim.

Comment

Speed Racer was my hero! I loved that show!
          ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Working...
          X