Piece of crap compy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piece of crap compy

Okay, I've got an issue. My laptop's spacebar is acting up. If you notice, a bunch of my posts have had multiple spaces in between words, thus making me look more idiotic than normal.

So I ripped the thing off, and the little do-hickies are somewhat broken I think. The little white plastic things that make the button spring up. So now even by looking at the damn button, it makes a space.

Anyone know if these things can be purchased? Or what the hell their names are? Piece of crap.

I like the extra s p a c e s!! Why don't you buy a new keyboard, they are pretty cheap.

Edit: wait never mind it is a laptop....i still like the sp a ce s!

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
      I like the extra s p a c e s!! Why don't you buy a new keyboard, they are pretty cheap.
      Its a laptop. Its built in.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
        Its a laptop. Its built in.
        A keyboard would solve that problem
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
          A keyboard would solve that problem
          Yea, looked it up, and I guess I need to install a whole new keyboard into this sucker. I have no clue how to do it, so I would need to bring it in. Fudge.

Comment

Yea, looked it up, and I guess I need to install a whole new keyboard into this sucker. I have no clue how to do it, so I would need to bring it in. Fudge.
            Or just buy a separate USB keyboard.....

Much cheaper
            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I believe Cinny that there are keyboards out there that hook up through USB instead of the usual method and that when you hook one of these up it overrides the regular keyboard and allows you to use it. However it sorta defeats the purpose of a laptop, as you want it ot be an all in one package sort of. I also use a laptop....

I would say look at the manufactures website and look at their area for accesories and parts to see if it is available. Contacting them through phone might be the better method. Watch out though... the manufacturer will usually force you to overpay. At one point the littel AC jack into my comp broke (where you plug the AC adapter into your laptop) and it cost $300 dollars to fix.... still don;t understand how a little piece of nothing, and a quick bit of labor could cost so much..... good luck Cinna.

Here is a link to a keyboard you may find useful if you choose to go the USB keyboard route....

http://www.shop.com/op/~GRANDTEC_FLX...2?sourceid=298

Here is a link to froogle, laptop keyboard search, which I think would be the better route for you....

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...en&btnG=Search
              sigpic
              The only thing that can stop the ninja.
              Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                Or just buy a separate USB keyboard.....

Much cheaper
                Yea, but I wouldn't be able to fit it on my lap.

That link helped a bunch fellow Germanese person.

Comment

Yea, but I wouldn't be able to fit it on my lap.

That link helped a bunch fellow Germanese person.
                  Good to hear

Watch out about taking the laptop to places like bestbuy though to see if they will fix it. I remember when I took mine in for that AC jack problem, Best buy said they didn;t know how to fix it and I would have to buy a new laptop. After doing some trouble shooting with HP, I found out it is really a simple procedure, you just have to know what you are doing. Unfortunately when it comes to laptops I have no idea what I am doing .

If you get that roll out USB keyboard, if you use a numpad, you will have to get a seperate thing a majige for that. Good luck Cinna. I hate comp problems.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                    Good to hear

Watch out about taking the laptop to places like bestbuy though to see if they will fix it. I remember when I took mine in for that AC jack problem, Best buy said they didn;t know how to fix it and I would have to buy a new laptop. After doing some trouble shooting with HP, I found out it is really a simple procedure, you just have to know what you are doing. Unfortunately when it comes to laptops I have no idea what I am doing .

If you get that roll out USB keyboard, if you use a numpad, you will have to get a seperate thing a majige for that. Good luck Cinna. I hate comp problems.....
                    Nah, found a replacement keyboard on Ebay for $17 and an online Dell manual on how to install it.

I'm on it!

Comment

Nah, found a replacement keyboard on Ebay for $17 and an online Dell manual on how to install it.

I'm on it!
                      Aha! I should of expected as much from a ninja
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                        Good to hear

That happened to my old laptop. A guy in Parker charge me $100 to open it up and soder that little thing back together.

Did a crappy job though. Thing broke again less than a month later.

Your DOOMED Cinny!!!

DOOOOOOOMED!!

This will drive you crazy until you finally give up and get a fancy new laptop to cruise around on, lol.

Hope it doesnt get to that. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                          That happened to my old laptop. A guy in Parker charge me $100 to open it up and soder that little thing back together.

Did a crappy job though. Thing broke again less than a month later.

Your DOOMED Cinny!!!

DOOOOOOOMED!!

This will drive you crazy until you finally give up and get a fancy new laptop to cruise around on, lol.

Hope it doesnt get to that. :thumb:
                          Nope, just ordered the part and it should be here within a few days.

Until then, you will have to put up with my double spacing!

Comment

Nope, just ordered the part and it should be here within a few days.

Until then, you will have to put up with my double spacing!

Something I havent seen in y9ur posts though.

Guess I'll suffer through somehow, lol.

But you start posting that LEET stuff, and the keyboard will be the last of your problems here.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                              Something I havent seen in y9ur posts though.

Guess I'll suffer through somehow, lol.

But you start posting that LEET stuff, and the keyboard will be the last of your problems here.
                              now that is funny stuff....

Yeah, Cinna, to tell you the truth I have never noticed your typing problems. I think I have more mistakes from my typing then yours, even with your comp problems(which is horrible at times. Some letter end up being typed to soon, things out of place. I always hit the ; key instead of the ' key.....). If you are having problems, your damn good at covering them up
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X