The Sopranos: The Final Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sopranos: The Final Season

Ok people, the countdown to television armagedon is upon us-- Only 8 more episodes left of the greatest television show of all time:

I'm depressed, yet excited to see how things are going to end.

I think Christopher is going to get whacked or flip and go FBI informant-- He'll get whacked by Phil Leotardo and company as a retalitation from the war at the end of last season ***SPOILER ALERT*** and because with Johnny Sack dead, he no longer has to play nice with Tony. [Johnny Sack dies in prison of cancer this week I heard.] Orrr Tony finally has enough of Christopher and his lack of focus/drug problems and does it himself.

I would also think that Phil Leotardo has some say in how the show ends up--He's long hated Tony but buried the hatchet out of respect for Johnny Sack, if Sack really does die, then there's nothing to keep Phil from lashing out.

Ultimately I have no idea how the shoe is going to end-- I think it's not going to be all roses and everyone live happily ever after- but I also have a hard time thinking of a scenario in which Tony gets whacked and the viewers go home happy.

Anyway- Let's get some dialogue going on this final season and enjoy our last 2 months of Sopranos talk...

I hope they don't just kill off Tony. It's way too obvious.

Comment

Good call on Christopher getting whacked one way or another. I don't really think he'd flip because if he was going to do it, he would have done it a loooong time ago before he told Tony about Adriana being an informant.

I don't think fans can go away happy with Tony dying, so my scenario is that he'll probably go to prison a la John Gotti style or something similiar.

And man, doesn't something have to happen to Silvio yet? That guy has been virtually untouchable since the series started. His biggest problem? Asthma as the acting boss!

It's an exciting yet depressing time because such a great show is finally at its end. I've seen the second episode already (hehe ) but don't worry, I won't say anything to spoil it. All I can say is that David Chase sure has a lot to wrap up in the next 7 episodes. Should be great, though.

Comment

I think a lot of what happens with Tony will be based on whether or not they are going to make some Soprano movies. A year or so ago, there was some talk about making Soprano movies once the series finally came to an end. If they are still serious about that, then I would expect Tony to go to prison, rather than be killed off.

I thought their trick with the gun being picked up was cool. I doubt very much that two or three seasons ago, when they filmed Tony running away from the FBI in the snow, that they filmed that kid getting the gun. That was a creative idea to go back and reshoot that scene (of the kid getting the gun) and add a whole new dimension to the story and the FBI case against him.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I'm convinced there will never be a show on TV half as good as this one. Last weeks episode was one of my favorites. All the shows they're "out of their element" are great. College, Cold Cuts, Soprano Home Movies, and Pine Barrens are the best IMO.

And speaking of the Pine Barrens episode, I swear that russian will get revenge or atleast come back. If Chrissy or Paulie gets wacked, Slava is gonna do it.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
            I'm convinced there will never be a show on TV half as good as this one. Last weeks episode was one of my favorites. All the shows they're "out of their element" are great. College, Cold Cuts, Soprano Home Movies, and Pine Barrens are the best IMO.

And speaking of the Pine Barrens episode, I swear that russian will get revenge or atleast come back. If Chrissy or Paulie gets wacked, Slava is gonna do it.
            I really liked last week's episode too. My girlfriend was crying at the end.

Ha, I think the Russian is long gone. David Chase is a master of not tying up loose ends- and I think that's one that gets forgotten. Although I would like to see the Russian have another go with Paulie.

I too like the "out of their element shows". Hell, I really liked last season's epsodes when Tony was in the coma and in Purgatory, the ones most people hated-- "Join the Club" "Mayham" both very good...

I'm also wondernig how things will be left with Dr. Melfi. They could go a few ways with that...

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
              I think a lot of what happens with Tony will be based on whether or not they are going to make some Soprano movies. A year or so ago, there was some talk about making Soprano movies once the series finally came to an end. If they are still serious about that, then I would expect Tony to go to prison, rather than be killed off.

I thought their trick with the gun being picked up was cool. I doubt very much that two or three seasons ago, when they filmed Tony running away from the FBI in the snow, that they filmed that kid getting the gun. That was a creative idea to go back and reshoot that scene (of the kid getting the gun) and add a whole new dimension to the story and the FBI case against him.
              I read an interview with David Chase that said the chances of a movie are unlikely... Although I'd never say never with the Sopranos.

I also saw an interview with Chase where he wouldn't address the ending but said:
              Chase will only say that The Sopranos will wrap its story on two levels, in such a way that the viewer feels the entire story has been told, and with the sense that their lives will go on, only without the viewer.

The hint is clear: Some will live, some will die.

"Obviously, they're not all going to go up in a nuclear cloud," Chase added, with a wry laugh. "Though . . . ."
              Plus I've heard rumors that Tony is in the final scene- which doesn't mean much- but would support the rumor that he doesn't die.

Comment

I'm calling my shot, tonight is the night for Christopher to get whacked.

ohhh and for get about the Russian, David Chase has
                Last edited by Southstander; 04-15-2007, 03:39 PM.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

How about that slow-mo shoot up of Jerry. I thought something was up with my tv/satelite. Then saw Sil get splattered with blood and I almost stained my couch. I thought for sure he was gone.

Anyway, I didn't think Chrissy was gonna get wacked but it's pretty much inevitable now. The whole terrorist thing will be the justification.

And I'm on the fence.......but right now am leaning towards Tony turning rat.

Originally posted by Southstander
                  I'm calling my shot, tonight is the night for Christopher to get whacked.

ohhh and for get about the Russian, David Chase has
                  I guess it's just how Tony said if he ever comes back he's Chris and Paulie's problem. That, and I really want him to come back. Maybe do some interior decorating.

Comment

I think Chris is going to get smoked in the next couple of weeks. Phil Leotardo is gonna do something to get himself killed, and I think killing Chris is going to be it.
                    Originally posted by Soldier96B
                    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Don't Forget about Paulie. It does not look to good for him. Then again many times in the past seasons it looked as if either paulie or Chirs was going down and didn't

sigpic

Comment

Well it finally happen, "Chrissy" is no more, i was suprised he was killed the way he was, I thogh for sure he was going to flip..

Is it just me or when you are watching an old rerun of it on A&E fell odd seening all the of the people who later get wacked when they are on screen together, it some times is a good 4 or 5 people

sigpic

Comment

It'll be interesting to say the least. I'm excited for Sunday night.
                          Originally posted by Soldier96B
                          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Well, talk about a downward spiral huh? The Soprano world is imploding before our eyes... And it's only going to get worse the final 2 episodes... If you look on wikipedia they have the short 2-3 line descriptions of upcoming episodes and so far all of them have been correct. Next week's:

"Loyalty to Tony reaches a critical stage for those within his sphere of influence; a case of mistaken identity has grave consequences"

Rumors are circulating that Meadow will borrow Tony's vehicle and a hit intended for Tony will actually be carried out on Meadow. Plus in the trailer for next week's episode they show Sil talking about someone playing both sides of the fence, meaning maybe Paulie or Sil has been squaling to Phil. It would make sense if it's Paulie, since he got the support of Johnny Sac and Phil while he was in jail and felt alienated by Tony and company...

There are about a billion different ways they could take it... The looming terrorist stuff with the FBI, the volitile AJ who is turning out to be a mirror image of Tony, Tony & Carm on the rocks... All signs point to the stuff hitting the fan in the last 2 episodes.

Comment

I think someone is going to snatch AJ... even though it might be easier to get meadow.

but anything could happen right now and I think anything is Tony's family and finally him.

But what about the arabs? Them as well as the two guys have to have some kind of part in the end.

They brought up Meadows name in the past and she did mention how she really likes the "judicial system" and wants to go in law rather then med school.

Is her boyfriend about to shut down everyone?

I CANT WAIT!!!!! it is sad it is going to be over

Comment

Working...
                              X