X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by In-com-plete
    Best day of the year in sports radio. The 13th annual Smack-Off is upon us. Any other clones out there listening?
    I used to be a faithful listener, but moved a few years back and no longer am in range.

Its kind of funny that I haven't really listened since 98 or so, I can still recognize most of the names listed later on in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    I'm not positive, but Rome wouldn't take JT's call if he did.

It's not on TV and now is over but I'm sure you can go to jimrome.com and listen later today or tomorrow.

Here's how it ended up:

10. Oren in Denver
    9. Trapper
    8. Jeff in Richmond
    7. Jay Mohr
    6. Stevie Carbone
    5. Terance in Sierra Madre
    4. Iafrate
    3. Greg in Vegas
    2. Joe in the OC
    1. Cablinasian
    Damn, Cablinasian is just cleaning up! What's that? Five overall and three in a row??

The only calls that I heard were Cablinasian and Trapper. Seanie's call was pretty hilarious. The barking in the beginning and saying "Down, Steve!" had me rolling. From the emails that I heard, it sounded like Terrance was getting a lot of love early on.

Oh well, thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
    Man, ive tried to find the smack off on TV and on the radio. Cant seem to find it. I heard JT would be calling in, in round 2. Wish i could find it.
    I'm not positive, but Rome wouldn't take JT's call if he did.

It's not on TV and now is over but I'm sure you can go to jimrome.com and listen later today or tomorrow.

Here's how it ended up:

10. Oren in Denver
    9. Trapper
    8. Jeff in Richmond
    7. Jay Mohr
    6. Stevie Carbone
    5. Terance in Sierra Madre
    4. Iafrate
    3. Greg in Vegas
    2. Joe in the OC
    1. Cablinasian

Leave a comment:

• MasterShake
    replied
    The Jay Mohr one was hilarious. He can really spout off!

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    Jay Mohr just called and cleaned up. I don't know if Rome will give it to him but he gets a 10. Absolutley hillarious and IMO the best call so far.

He jumped on Brady Quinn for being too pretty. Said he looks like Sanjia. Said Floyd Mayweather Sr.'s face could hold a 5 day rain. Called someone Mr Wednesday/A-Rod Jr. I think it was Terrance. Whoever it is that never has won but always is the call of the day. Mohrs call was just awesome.
    Man, ive tried to find the smack off on TV and on the radio. Cant seem to find it. I heard JT would be calling in, in round 2. Wish i could find it.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    Anyone catch Casey in Vegas. Said he's putting his money on Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber leading the Broncos to win the super bowl this year.

Here's how I have them so far:

Jay Mohr - 10
    Cablinasian - 9.75
    Joe in the OC - 9.5
    Greg in Vegas - 9.25
    Terance in Sierra Madre - 9
    Silk - 8.75
    Lear in Annapolis - 8.5
    Iafrate - 8.25
    KC in Vegas - 8.25
    Stevie Carbone - 8
    Oren in Denver - 7.75
    Mike in Witchita - 7.5 Ran out of time but not run
    Jeff in Richmond - 7
    Trapper - 6.5
    Jeff in Vancouver - 5
    Jeff in Pheonix - 4
    Rachael in Houston - Run

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    Jay Mohr just called and cleaned up. I don't know if Rome will give it to him but he gets a 10. Absolutley hillarious and IMO the best call so far.

He jumped on Brady Quinn for being too pretty. Said he looks like Sanjia. Said Floyd Mayweather Sr.'s face could hold a 5 day rain. Called someone Mr Wednesday/A-Rod Jr. I think it was Terrance. Whoever it is that never has won but always is the call of the day. Mohrs call was just awesome.

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    It's just easier to link than to explain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smack-Off

Taken from the above link:
    Cool... thanks dude.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied
    Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
    Ya know, ive heard of this but i dont know what it is. I listen to fox sports radio, and have heard JT the brick mention it, but still dont know what it is. Care to explain?
    It's just easier to link than to explain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smack-Off

Taken from the above link:
    J.T. the Brick won the first Smack-Off and was offered a radio position from a competing radio network. Although Rome continues to invite J.T. each year, he otherwise ignores the Brick, since he resents the younger host's defecting to a competing network (though both currently work for Premiere Radio Networks; J.T. for the Fox Sports Radio division).

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    Best day of the year in sports radio. The 13th annual Smack-Off is upon us. Any other clones out there listening?
    Ya know, ive heard of this but i dont know what it is. I listen to fox sports radio, and have heard JT the brick mention it, but still dont know what it is. Care to explain?

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    started a topic The Smack-Off

The Smack-Off

Working...
X