11. Led Zeppelin
    12. The Who
    13. Queen
    14. BTO
    15. Edgar Winter Group
    16. Jefferson Airplane
    17. UFO
    sigpic
    Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      You know, I am getting thoroughly bored and disgusted with classic rock. There is so much great music from the past but we have to hear the same dam songs over and over.

I can only tollerate Stairway to Heaven so many times in a one day.

Every time they play the Rolling Stones, we have to hear Satisfaction.

Every time they play Lynyrd Skynyrd, we have to hear Freebird.

Every time they play STYX, we have to hear Come Sail Away.

And if I hear Lola one more time. :brick:

These bands are just a small example of the point I am trying to make. These bands have oodles of songs but we don't get to hear from that in depth library. Quite tiresome really.
      And this is why iPods are amazing.

See when I listen to Zeppelin I listen to "When the Levee Breaks", and for the Stones I listen to "Can't You Hear me Knockin'". And I listen to "Waterloo Sunset" when I listen to the Kinks.

Radio sucks.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8DrIoBvhzE

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae

See when I listen to Zeppelin I listen to "When the Levee Breaks", and for the Stones I listen to "Can't You Hear me Knockin'". And I listen to "Waterloo Sunset" when I listen to the Kinks.

Radio sucks.

EXACTLY what i was thinking. . . BM, buddy, time to take charge of your listening experience! don't let the radio dictate what you listen to-- you're sure to be disappointed. . . if you don't have an iPod (or even if you do), i recommend the public library as a source for music-- check 'em out, you might be surprised what they've got. . . and best of all, it's free!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

*cough*oryoucoulddosomethingillegal*cough*

And you can find some awesome stuff on YouTube, live performances and stuff. I'm still annoyed because I can't find a version of a Beatles song that I heard on YouTube.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              I can't say I agree with you.

Eddie Van Halen created a new sound, essentially, in 1977.

Then, Metallica did things no one else was doing in 1981.
              *ahem* slayer, anthrax were also doing that in 81.

sorry couldn't help myself.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Not musically. No one's come up with anything NEW. They're all just stealing from one another, and it's evolved into something that's just not good music anymore.

I'm guilty of not liking most everything from the 80's, but there is some stuff there. I see New Wave as the last real innovative music. But music started this downspiral in the late 70's and never really recovered.

IMO, rock needs a good infusion of blues (something it's gotten way too distanced from) and some people with a vision. The biggest problem with music nowadays is that record companies dictate what the vast majority of the country can listen to, not what the country WANTS to listen to. MTV=The Devil.

And most Indie music is to pretentious I can't stand it.
                Like Jared said, there's bands primus, and faith no more who have done some very innovative stuff.

And you can't say all music started a downward spiral in the 70's. I think you can say that about specific genres though.

Because as a big fan of metal it didn't really get going until after the Big four of thrash and the american thrash movement of the early eighties, which of course progressed into the other metal subgenres (death, power metal, black metal, etc)
                the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                  Like Jared said, there's bands primus, and faith no more who have done some very innovative stuff.

And you can't say all music started a downward spiral in the 70's. I think you can say that about specific genres though.

Because as a big fan of metal it didn't really get going until after the Big four of thrash and the american thrash movement of the early eighties, which of course progressed into the other metal subgenres (death, power metal, black metal, etc)

offtopic, but i've just got to ask-- what exactly IS the difference between "power metal" and "black metal," anyways?

is one more metally than the other? do black metal dudes laugh at power metal dudes for being wusses? and which is darker, black metal or death metal?

Comment

Is there anyone else that shares my love for The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Cream, etc? It's so frustrating to be my age and have no one else who loves the music I do. It's especially frustrating because there's people who know a little about it, but not much, so I'm stuck talking about "Twist and Shout".

So discuss Classic rock here!

Favorite bands, if you've seen them in concert, and all that fun stuff!
                    I think of Billy Joel as another artist performing classic rock. GOODNIGHT SAIGON, Strangers. Really, there are so many bands that just make you feel right at home when you hear their songs. Mommas and Poppas. Beatles. Styx. Don McLean (American Pie). ALICE'S RESTAURANT. I wouldn't really know where to begin or end, literally hundreds of outstanding songs that still sound just as good today. The kind of music that brought people together for one reason or another.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by lvrodri
                      1. KISS
                      2. Van Halen
                      3. Motley Crue (I think 80s)
                      4. AC/DC
                      5. Ted Nugent
                      6. Ozzy
                      7. Boston
                      8. Bad Company
                      9. Foghat
                      10. Iron Butterfly
                      11. Led Zeppelin
                      12. The Who
                      13. Queen
                      14. BTO
                      15. Edgar Winter Group
                      16. Jefferson Airplane
                      17. UFO

Nice list

\m/
                      Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                        I think of Billy Joel as another artist performing classic rock. GOODNIGHT SAIGON, Strangers. Really, there are so many bands that just make you feel right at home when you hear their songs. Mommas and Poppas. Beatles. Styx. Don McLean (American Pie). ALICE'S RESTAURANT. I wouldn't really know where to begin or end, literally hundreds of outstanding songs that still sound just as good today. The kind of music that brought people together for one reason or another.
                        Alice's resteraunt is one of the best albums of all time, imo.

Arlo Guthrie= Much love!

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
                          Thats exactly the opposite here...They rarely play Free Bird and Stairway to Heaven, but different songs from those two bands.

By the way, everyone needs to listen to Tesla.
                          Our local classic rock channel used to be awesome until they changed their production group. We would hear rare and side B type music all day long. Not anymore. Now it's the same ol' crap over and over.

And Tesla does rock. They were awesome live. But that is another example of a band they can't expand on since we have to hear "Signs" every freaking time.

Radio sucks.
                          Radio does suck. The only time I am really stuck with it is in my garage or in my truck. Here at work and in the house, it's XM Radio! Radio stations complain all the time about satellite radio taking their listenership. Well... too bad. Why can't they seem to understand that people need variety? Don't even get me started on the top 40 stuff or even country music nowadays which I do enjoy.

If I am in a classic rock type mood, I usually go to the CD cabinet.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                            *ahem* slayer, anthrax were also doing that in 81.

sorry couldn't help myself.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

Considering Anthrax didn't even play live until November of 1981, and their first demo in 1982 sounded very NWOBHM like, including covers of Maiden, Priest, and their faves KISS, I'm gonna have to disagree.

Metallica was more fully formed as a 'thrash' band right from the start.

Slayer also started in a more Maiden/Priest vein, while adding their now trademark pentagrams, spikes, and inverted crosses. They were more in line with what Metallica was doing, but Metallica left L.A. because of reisistance to the sound, and an infatuation with what Ratt and Motley Crue were doing. "Haunting the Chapel" (a GREAT EP), was the first thing I heard from them that I thought was 'thrashy", personally. Some kid in my Cub Scout troop had an older brother who had all of this stuff at the time. Freaked me out a bit.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Three-hundred-fifty cities in the world
                              Just thirty teeth inside of our heads
                              These are the limits to our experience
                              It's scary but it's alright
                              And everything is finite

Only one record, in this whole wide world
                              Where Jimi Hendrix sings House Burning Down
                              Another Elvis will not come along
                              He got wasted but it's alright
                              And everything is finite
                              Yeah, wasted - it's alright
                              Everything is finite

I'm just a baby in my daddy's arms
                              Who will protect me from these women's charms
                              I'm six foot tall but I barely speak
                              My mind goes crazy when the taste is sweet
                              Well we've known each other, three years and twenty days
                              It's terrifying, it's beautiful too
                              Things have an end
                              But feeling is infinite
                              We're changing but it's alright
                              And everything is finite
                              Yeah, changing's alright
                              Everything's finite

~david byrne, finite = alright

Comment

Working...
                              X