Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/11 movie (National Geographic Channel)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 movie (National Geographic Channel)....

I know the 9/11 documentary aired last Sunday, so, if y'all did see it, sorry for the delay in posting this....having a baby and a wife that has to watch ALL of the reality TV crap (A.I., Bachelor, A.N.T.M., etc.) makes it a bit difficult to watch anything worthwhile....at least the baby is worth it

Thank goodness for DVR

Anyways, the National Geographic Channel did a special on 9/11 and boy oh boy was it ever a GREAT peice!!!!

Hopefully some of you got to see it, I assume that the great posters who were affected by the tragedy (hopefully that is no one) and the posters that live/lived in NY may have seen the show....

Man, I remember that terrible day like it was yesterday....I can't believe it is going to be 6 years in a few months

That day was the Pearl Harbor of my lifetime and the great people that lost their lives that day will never be forgotten....

R.I.P. heros
    I owe CP's to: no one

I missed that show.....hopefully, I can cath a rerun of it...

That was definitely a dark day that we'll never forget, obviously.....

Not to mention that happened on my birthday!!
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

I don't think I can watch something on that at all. I tried to watch United 93 or whatever that movie's called and it was a little overpowering fo rme.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
        I know the 9/11 documentary aired last Sunday, so, if y'all did see it, sorry for the delay in posting this....having a baby and a wife that has to watch ALL of the reality TV crap (A.I., Bachelor, A.N.T.M., etc.) makes it a bit difficult to watch anything worthwhile....at least the baby is worth it

Thank goodness for DVR

Anyways, the National Geographic Channel did a special on 9/11 and boy oh boy was it ever a GREAT peice!!!!

Hopefully some of you got to see it, I assume that the great posters who were affected by the tragedy (hopefully that is no one) and the posters that live/lived in NY may have seen the show....

Man, I remember that terrible day like it was yesterday....I can't believe it is going to be 6 years in a few months

That day was the Pearl Harbor of my lifetime and the great people that lost their lives that day will never be forgotten....

R.I.P. heros
        National Geographic usually creates high quality specials too, so I would like to see it. I was very disappointed with Flight 93, because it came across as very 'staged' to me, and lacked emotion, and wow there had to be tremendous emotion on that flight, right? Did you see Flight 93? I was just wondering if you could make a comparison between the quality of the two. I hope they do re-air it. Thanks for sharing the news!
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
          National Geographic usually creates high quality specials too, so I would like to see it. I was very disappointed with Flight 93, because it came across as very 'staged' to me, and lacked emotion, and wow there had to be tremendous emotion on that flight, right? Did you see Flight 93? I was just wondering if you could make a comparison between the quality of the two. I hope they do re-air it. Thanks for sharing the news!
          Are you talking about Flight 93? Or the movie that was in theaters United 93? Because United 93 was a very good and emotional movie that had everyone in the theater in tears, I dont think there was a single dry eye left in the theater when I saw it..But Flight 93 I have never seen but have seen it on the shelves in movie stores..

But about the documentary on NG, I have yet to see it but I watched the one they did on the Columbine shooting and they did a great job, I am going to see if the 9/11 one is coming on agian, which I'm sure it will, they usually air them 5 or 6 times within the week after airing it for the first time..
          WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
            Are you talking about Flight 93? Or the movie that was in theaters United 93? Because United 93 was a very good and emotional movie that had everyone in the theater in tears, I dont think there was a single dry eye left in the theater when I saw it..But Flight 93 I have never seen but have seen it on the shelves in movie stores..

But about the documentary on NG, I have yet to see it but I watched the one they did on the Columbine shooting and they did a great job, I am going to see if the 9/11 one is coming on agian, which I'm sure it will, they usually air them 5 or 6 times within the week after airing it for the first time..
            The one I saw was made for TV about 6 mos or so ago (A&E?). I haven't seen the one in the theaters....that must be pretty good quality. Might have to rent that one. Thanks. I forgot they made one for the theaters.
            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
            X