Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I have decided to adopt Blu-Ray as my next generation format.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Nick Budris
    I go to hollywood video. I perfer going somewhere like Blockbuster or Hollywodd over netflix because I like to go in look around etc.,

    Hollywood video has 2 shelves of blue Ray DVD's as of right now. HD-DVD has two rows.
    Sometimes I will go to Blockbuster just to get a better idea of what's coming out. Sometimes I will just walk around and look at movies and if I come across something, I'll add it to my Netflix. I try not to go off base if at all possible, so Netflix works out well for me.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

    Comment


    • #32
      It looks like Starz is lending support to Blu-Ray too.

      http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._of_Horror/709

      They own Anchor Bay and they have alot of genre type flicks in there catalog.

      This just keeps getting worse for HD-DVD. Blu-Ray could win this before Christmas.

      I think when they announce the Spider-Man movies and Pirates:III, that could spell the end of HD-DVD.

      We'll see what happens.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        It looks like Starz is lending support to Blu-Ray too.

        http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._of_Horror/709

        They own Anchor Bay and they have alot of genre type flicks in there catalog.

        This just keeps getting worse for HD-DVD. Blu-Ray could win this before Christmas.

        I think when they announce the Spider-Man movies and Pirates:III, that could spell the end of HD-DVD.

        We'll see what happens.
        The biggest thing HD-DVD has going for it at this point is lower price players and Heroes. Also, they have many movies that are HD-DVD/DVD combos which may attract more buyers who want to upgrade but have not done so yet. I'm trying to stay neutral at this point, and unless NBC-Universal says they'll do Blu-Ray, I'm not buying into it.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by badlandz
          The biggest thing HD-DVD has going for it at this point is lower price players and Heroes. Also, they have many movies that are HD-DVD/DVD combos which may attract more buyers who want to upgrade but have not done so yet. I'm trying to stay neutral at this point, and unless NBC-Universal says they'll do Blu-Ray, I'm not buying into it.

          Yeah, if Universal switches to Blu-Ray, then the war is over.

          Comment


          • #35
            If your looking to get into Blu-Ray...

            Amazon has a pretty good deal going on right now.

            The PS3, the remote and 6 movies for $499

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...pf_rd_i=468642

            Comment


            • #36
              Yeah, I was thrilled to learn PS3's are dropping in price 2 months after I bought mine... After every trade mag and industry insider was saying it wouldn't be until 2008 at the earliest.







              ...

              More on topic, Blu-Ray is definitely worth it. Great quality.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                Yeah, I was thrilled to learn PS3's are dropping in price 2 months after I bought mine... After every trade mag and industry insider was saying it wouldn't be until 2008 at the earliest.







                ...

                More on topic, Blu-Ray is definitely worth it. Great quality.

                Your telling me...

                I bought mine the day of the 1.80 update (May 28th?)

                Would be nice to get all that "free" stuff!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                  Yeah, I was thrilled to learn PS3's are dropping in price 2 months after I bought mine... After every trade mag and industry insider was saying it wouldn't be until 2008 at the earliest.







                  ...

                  More on topic, Blu-Ray is definitely worth it. Great quality.
                  goes to show most industry writers don't know squat. i and a few others said the ps3 would drop around this years e3. they had to. they didn't want to but no other choice was reasonable.

                  i'd be pissed too though. this isn't a bad deal. hd dvd also has this going i heard and lowered the price of the lowest player to 299 i think.
                  Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                  Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                  Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    this is a good deal. i bet the 5 from the list are all pretty bad movies, but for free who can complain? too bad i already have memento on blu ray.

                    i really like blu ray, kingdom of heaven looks gorgeous on an hdtv


                    "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      What a good deal!! However...I already have a PS3 :dance: , but there are hardly any movies out for blue-ray that I want They are all the big, major companies...I can't wait until focus features starts releasing their movies for bluray.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Very good info.

                        That is REALLY cheap comapred to past prices on the PS3

                        Thanks
                        I owe CP's to: no one

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X