Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway Returns in Fast Cars & Superstars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosfanscott
    I am stoked he won. When I saw how fast he was going for his 1st lap, I had a good feeling he was going to win. Got to give props to Ty Murray, he raced pretty good himself. Oh, and watching Ty and John Cena doing donuts on the infield was funny.

Sure was good for entertainment, but makes em look a bit foolish in retrospect. ...Don't talk the talk, if you can't walk the walk.

CONGRATS, J.E.!

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee
    He's number 1! Woohoo!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Add one more comeback win to his storied career!

WTG, Johnny!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    I'm still pumped that he won it all.....John is always a winner.

To John!!!!!

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    That's great. dang I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Gurada
    So, Elway won it all?

Yep, it was an elimination format. They were first split into 4 driver groups, with the top two advancing. then, four person groups, with the top 3 advancing, then those remaining six were in a final.

Each segment was different.

First segment, three laps as fast as you could go.

Second segment, three laps, with two of them aimed at speed and accuracy, they painted arrows on around 4 or 5 spots around the track and you had to run over them with your left tires or get a penalty, and finally, you had to stop in the pit box.

The final round was two laps as fast as you could go, following the third lap you pitted and had two tires and gas, then ran two more laps.

Elway managed to advance in the first to rounds, but didn't look great or bad, sort of middle of the pack.

In the final, he was far faster than anyone on the speed laps, and had the quickest pit stop and dominated the final.

Leave a comment:

• Gurada
    replied
    So, Elway won it all?

Leave a comment:

• broncosfanscott
    replied
    I am stoked he won. When I saw how fast he was going for his 1st lap, I had a good feeling he was going to win. Got to give props to Ty Murray, he raced pretty good himself. Oh, and watching Ty and John Cena doing donuts on the infield was funny.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Man I was stoked to see him win it!!!!

He was the only person to break into the 3:30's everybody else was above 3:40....

You go John, still the king of comebacks.

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Just finished watching it on Tivo. He destroyed the competition. Not sure if he had a better car, or just ran better lines, but it wasn't even close. I guess beating Ty in the pit time was all him, so it couldn't have all been the car.

To be honest, he didn't have the fastest times in the other rounds, so when he ran that first lap something like 4 MPH fater than Ty's, I was surprised.

Great Job John!!!!

Leave a comment:

• denverbroncofrk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee
    That was pretty awesome. I was going to bump this thread but i couldn't find it.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    John won!!

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    John is still is the hunt after another good showing.

Keep up the godd work John!!

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    I like the show as I am a racer by nature. I would love to have the chance to race Nascar. I watched Tony Hawk kick butt on the last episode. John Better up his game if he want's to win. Tony looks like the one to beat right now.

But I'm a skater also so I'm a bit biased toward Hawk, though I am of course rooting for Elway.

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Native
    Where are you guys seeing this? According to Channel 7 in Denver, it will not be aired until 12:05 AM, tomorrow morning.

On the East coast, at least, it aired on ABC (Ch. 7) Thursday at 8 pm (EST). I can only assume it'll be in the same time slot for the duration of its run.

Last edited by sbutk; 06-09-2007, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncosfanscott
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights
    Elway just smashed Serena Williams

2:05:17 Serena's time

1:46:02 Elway's time

one more guy to go

It is wierd that this was posted yesterday because I just saw it today. Was it aired yesterday and reaired today?

That racing looks like fun. I have always wanted to do that for at least a couple of laps or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X