--- Speed Traps/Photo Radar ??? ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Speed Traps/Photo Radar ??? ---

--- I have several areas around where I live that have police on motorcycles shooting radar guns while balancing their bike between their legs.

--- We also have several locations where photo radar vans are set up.

--- Not to mention remote photo radar cameras mounted along some freeways.

--- I think photo radar has been a deterrent to help stop speeders in school zones.

--- Currently there is much discussion as to the legality of photo radar.

--- Have you ever been nailed by a radar gun ?

--- I found this site that mentioned all the usual speed traps in my area.

--- It was up to date and accurate.

--- Just click on your state and then your town:

--- http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

sigpic

Comment

not a very accurate site and does not get updated often

Comment

The 101 in Scottsdale FTL! I hate that crap. They're going to start doing that here in Texas as well.
        Originally posted by Soldier96B
        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I was caught by a radar once... and it said I was going 10 mph over what my speedometer said... I was speeding regardless of that lol, but I wasn't going as fast as I was told I was.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Our city hasn't been updated lately
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

I've gotten photo'd twice .......sucks but at least if you pay the fine promptly it doesn't coun't fpr any points against your license..

PEACE!!!

Comment

Hi Az.
                I think I told you before just how badly we have it with speed cameras here in the UK. Cant go more than 500 yards it seems before finding one of the things, as we call them here, GATSO's.
                Personally though I think the temporary ones your on about should be banned. They can actually cause accidents, especially if someones driving along and see's one then slams on the brakes only to end up with the guy behind driving into the car.
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

I don't know of any in my area where they check your speed with cameras but there are several places that will snap a photo of you running a red light or a toll booth.

Radar guns are rampant in SoCal. I thought I seen a motorcycle cop with one in each hand the other day.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                  How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Yes...I've been nailed by radar, on Hwy 73-75 in Northern Kansas.

But!!!! I received a warning. I think I was caught by airplane.

Radar has been used for many years up here. Neighborhoods, side streets, and we have one main road that is constantly using motorcycle cops with radar, which are very hard to see on approach, I just slow down automatically.

I don't like the motorcycle cops----they are so much harder to see on the horizon.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                    X