Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Wife
    replied
    Yes...I've been nailed by radar, on Hwy 73-75 in Northern Kansas.

But!!!! I received a warning. I think I was caught by airplane.

Radar has been used for many years up here. Neighborhoods, side streets, and we have one main road that is constantly using motorcycle cops with radar, which are very hard to see on approach, I just slow down automatically.

I don't like the motorcycle cops----they are so much harder to see on the horizon.

Leave a comment:

• Day1BroncoFan
    replied
    I don't know of any in my area where they check your speed with cameras but there are several places that will snap a photo of you running a red light or a toll booth.

Radar guns are rampant in SoCal. I thought I seen a motorcycle cop with one in each hand the other day.

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    Hi Az.
    I think I told you before just how badly we have it with speed cameras here in the UK. Cant go more than 500 yards it seems before finding one of the things, as we call them here, GATSO's.
    Personally though I think the temporary ones your on about should be banned. They can actually cause accidents, especially if someones driving along and see's one then slams on the brakes only to end up with the guy behind driving into the car.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    I've gotten photo'd twice .......sucks but at least if you pay the fine promptly it doesn't coun't fpr any points against your license..

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Our city hasn't been updated lately

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    I was caught by a radar once... and it said I was going 10 mph over what my speedometer said... I was speeding regardless of that lol, but I wasn't going as fast as I was told I was.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    The 101 in Scottsdale FTL! I hate that crap. They're going to start doing that here in Texas as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    not a very accurate site and does not get updated often

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    started a topic --- Speed Traps/Photo Radar ??? ---

--- Speed Traps/Photo Radar ??? ---

--- I have several areas around where I live that have police on motorcycles shooting radar guns while balancing their bike between their legs.

--- We also have several locations where photo radar vans are set up.

--- Not to mention remote photo radar cameras mounted along some freeways.

--- I think photo radar has been a deterrent to help stop speeders in school zones.

--- Currently there is much discussion as to the legality of photo radar.

--- Have you ever been nailed by a radar gun ?

--- I found this site that mentioned all the usual speed traps in my area.

--- It was up to date and accurate.

--- Just click on your state and then your town:

--- http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

---

Working...
X