Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good article on the decline of hip-hop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good article on the decline of hip-hop

    http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...-decline_N.htm

    Only problem I have about this article is that they say that Snoop Dogg has gone commercial, when his whole appeal has been his commercial look coupled with the fact that he could still be gangsta and he could still rap with the best... and that they say that 50 Cent is being seen as a possible savior for the game when in reality he is part of the reason for its decline.




    Sig by Sky.:salute:

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

  • #2
    The decline with rap nowadays, including the decrease of album sales in all of music, is more in to the fact that the majority of all mainstream rappers just flat out suck, including 50 cent, IMHO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
      The decline with rap nowadays, including the decrease of album sales in all of music, is more in to the fact that the majority of all mainstream rappers just flat out suck, including 50 cent, IMHO.
      Exactly, but because they needed to make an article out of it and as a newspaper couldn't just come out and say they all just suck... it was pretty well-done. I agree completely on the 50 Cent sucking and mainstream rappers in general part... it is why I don't listen to the radio.




      Sig by Sky.:salute:

      All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
        Exactly, but because they needed to make an article out of it and as a newspaper couldn't just come out and say they all just suck... it was pretty well-done. I agree completely on the 50 Cent sucking and mainstream rappers in general part... it is why I don't listen to the radio.


        But yet you still listen to MnM...hahahahaha


        Good read B!



        PEACE!!!





        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
          But yet you still listen to MnM...hahahahaha


          Good read B!



          PEACE!!!
          How did I know that was going to be part of your response lol. Eminem may be mainstream, but being mainstream hasn't changed his rapping. He is still just as good as he always has been, and I think I have told you before that I don't really listen to his radio songs... though some of them have damn good lyrics.




          Sig by Sky.:salute:

          All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            The decline with rap nowadays, including the decrease of album sales in all of music, is more in to the fact that the majority of all mainstream rappers just flat out suck, including 50 cent, IMHO.
            50 Cent sucks now. His first album was hot though, IMO. You know why he sucks now? Because he has what he came for: money. It's also because he is now marketing his IMAGE, not his LYRICS.

            Fitty, and Young Buck btw, were both hot underground rappers with lyrical talent. Then 50 made his (officially) second album, Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Now he's rich, so he's not trying anymore. He has an image to live up to, the almighty leader of the G-Unit, so why should he put out the effort to pen a good song today?

            It's a lose-lose situation. When a rapper goes commercial, he loses all the appeal he had in the streets, and he sheds his talent for generic garbage. FEW have been able to do both with success, namely 2Pac, Biggie and Snoop Dogg when he started. De La Soul will never see the light of day because their hoes don't sing, their fo fos don't bling, and the only ice they have is in a cup of water. But they are 50xs better than Cent.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
              How did I know that was going to be part of your response lol. Eminem may be mainstream, but being mainstream hasn't changed his rapping. He is still just as good as he always has been, and I think I have told you before that I don't really listen to his radio songs... though some of them have damn good lyrics.

              hahahaha I know but I gotta raz you about it anyway...hahahaha



              PEACE!!!





              Comment

              Working...
              X