Rescue Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue Me

alright, who watches this show as religiously as i do, and who wants to get all chatty kathy with me about what's going on?!

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

so who do you keep in the "spank bank"?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
      alright, who watches this show as religiously as i do, and who wants to get all chatty kathy with me about what's going on?!
      I have the current season on Tivo which I hope to watch over the next month, then I will get chatty.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

i think its safe to say that this is the best intro/song EVER for a TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbFJhMc3V1A

the Von Bondies
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
          i think its safe to say that this is the best intro/song EVER for a TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbFJhMc3V1A

the Von Bondies
          C'Mon, C'Mon!!

Great song, great show....

Dennis Leary is the man

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
            so who do you keep in the "spank bank"?
            Ellen Degeneres what you never seen her dance.
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater*
              Ellen Degeneres what you never seen her dance.
              haha that cracked me up.

rescue me is the only show i've ever watched that made me tear up from sadness, anger, and laughter. best show on tv.

and about the theme song... i hated that song for a while because it was on a video game... was it madden 04? or maybe MVP 04 and i heard it like 12 times a day when i was playin the game a lot. i was sick of it, but now every time i hear that song i get giddy cause of the association my brain has made with it and rescue me.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

Comment

Another great episode tonight

WARNING: SPOILER BELOW

the Chief kills himself

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

I'm just popping in for a quick post and not reading anything posted here. I have the last four episodes of last season on Tivo and the first two from this season. I am hoping to watch them this weekend. Then I will pop in and see what discussion might be happening about Rescue Me.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by superFREAK
                    the Chief kills himself

What the hell?! why did he do it? he seemed so happy. i'm dumbfounded right now. i am in disbelief, it does't make any sense...

anyway, what was with tommy this episode? he's always been such a badass (except when he was taking the anti-depressants, which even then, he was funny...) but this episode he was all girly and scared of that gay guy from the restaurant... seems like the change came out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
                      What the hell?! why did he do it? he seemed so happy. i'm dumbfounded right now. i am in disbelief, it does't make any sense...
                      i think his son being gay, his wife being ill, coupled with him not being able to work at the firehouse anymore, is what did him in

i saw that coming from a mile away though, as soon as they showed him by himself at home

anyway, what was with tommy this episode? he's always been such a badass (except when he was taking the anti-depressants, which even then, he was funny...) but this episode he was all girly and scared of that gay guy from the restaurant... seems like the change came out of nowhere.
                      tommy is a hardass and will always be one, i think he's just a little messed up mentally/emotionally at this point

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the one single show where at the very end of every show I just keep wanting more and more

I did not see that coming at the very end

Comment

Originally posted by superFREAK
                          i think his son being gay, his wife being ill, coupled with him not being able to work at the firehouse anymore, is what did him in

i saw that coming from a mile away though, as soon as they showed him by himself at home

tommy is a hardass and will always be one, i think he's just a little messed up mentally/emotionally at this point

i saw it coming too, at the same spot because i knew they wouldn't end without something happening. he did look content though, which threw me off. he seemed like he really was ok with the desk job, he still had all the guys at the firehouse, he seemed to have come to terms with his wife's illness... i really hope he lives somehow. i just got over the shock of his heart attack, and now this... the chief is awesome.

i don't know what tommy is doing with that girl... she's smoking hot, and he and his wife are totally platonic right now, i'd go for it. i think she's right that he's intimidated by her because she saved him from the fire... get over it tommy, she's gorgeous.

Comment

A Must Read

Link

Good article! If you are not caught up with Rescue Me. You might want to wait to read this.

Another surprise on 'Rescue Me'

I told you this week's episode of Rescue Me was going to have a shocking ending, and now Television Without Pity has an interview with the character involved in the big twist.

Perhaps the only thing more surprising than this week's final five seconds is the revelation that everything wasn't so hunky-dory on the show's set between star Denis Leary and this particular cast member.

A sample quote: "(Leary's) a bully, is what he is. Bullies most of the time don't have the guts to do things themselves." The interview also gets the other side of the story, from executive producer Peter Tolan.

Wow. Now I really can't wait to see how this season plays out. The show airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET on FX, though you can catch repeats throughout the week.
                            Last edited by Nick; 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Budris
                              Link

Good article! If you are not caught up with Rescue Me. You might want to wait to read this.
                              that was a good read, it's a shame that they wrote him off. i really liked the chief, and tommy's brother. it definitley throws a curveball to the audience, but it sucks a lot.

if these guys really do have a lot of tension in real life, they are all brilliant actors, because they seem so close on the show.

i had hope that the chief would live somehow... after reading that, i guess it's not going to happen. chief reilly

Comment

Working...
                              X