Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bes Guitarists of Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by muse View Post
    My list of top rock bassists:
    Matt Bellamy (see solo)
    Wow...
    Not the first time I heard that song, but the first time I heard that.
    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #32
      My younger (metalhead) brother used to give me a hard time about listening to classical music. I tried to tell him that Lars, Angus, et al. probably love the classical masters, but he wouldn't hear it. I need to show him that Matt Bellamy solo (thanks Muse) because that's exactly what it reminds me of; an ever-building climactic movement in a symphony.

      Also, it's hard to argue against the prowess of some others mentioned here (Buckethead and Morello especially) because they are all truly great, innovative guitar players. But, shredders will always face the criticism and doubt because of the use (and often times, the reliance) on techno gadgets and speed. Nothing against them or their playing ability/style, but it's kind of like the sluggers for the Rockies. It seems that the mentioning of a high BA or HR total usually precedes "in the thin air of Coors Field". Not entirely fair, IMO, but oh well...

      Definitely, a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' type of question...

      So, to diversify this thread a little...

      Andy McKee
      CD "Art of Motion" available at http://www.candyrat.com/artists/andymckeeVisit Andy Mckee at:https://www.andymckee.comAndy McKee is playing a Lowden Model F...


      Tim Reynolds
      Guitarist Tim Reynolds, made famous with his tours guesting with the Dave Matthews Band and his own solo work, performs his song Stream, with Led Zeppelin's ...


      Bluesy... I've seen Tab Benoit do some amazing stuff live, but other times he seems like 'just another blues guitarist'. Same with Kenny Wayne Shepherd, but instead of 'making love' to the guitar this guy simply $%&@'s it.

      I'm of the belief that the "best guitarist in the world" is some loner of a kid living in the basement of his parents house. Never to be discovered.



      (do you think we could convince the powers that be to provide a head banging, guitar playing smiley?)
      Winter is Coming!

      Comment


      • #33
        Zakk Wylde...

        Kirk Hammett...

        Steve Vai
        COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
          I need to show him that Matt Bellamy solo (thanks Muse) because that's exactly what it reminds me of; an ever-building climactic movement in a symphony.

          Andy McKee
          CD "Art of Motion" available at http://www.candyrat.com/artists/andymckeeVisit Andy Mckee at:https://www.andymckee.comAndy McKee is playing a Lowden Model F...


          Tim Reynolds
          Guitarist Tim Reynolds, made famous with his tours guesting with the Dave Matthews Band and his own solo work, performs his song Stream, with Led Zeppelin's ...

          Which Muse are you thanking--the band or the man?

          It's amazing how talented Bellamy is (sings, guitar, keyboards/piano). This is one of my favorites:

          Butterlies & Hurricanes

          Andy McKee must have some MAD callouses...concrete fingerpads. I've never seen that style of play (exclusively hammering).

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Hawgdriver View Post
            Which Muse are you thanking--the band or the man?

            It's amazing how talented Bellamy is (sings, guitar, keyboards/piano). This is one of my favorites:

            Butterlies & Hurricanes

            Andy McKee must have some MAD callouses...concrete fingerpads. I've never seen that style of play (exclusively hammering).


            Yeah, thanks muse and Muse...

            Bellamy is an incredible talent; no doubt. Thanks for the vid link.

            I know what you mean about Andy McKee. Sometimes he's more of a percussionist than a guitarist.
            Winter is Coming!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post


              Yeah, thanks muse and Muse...

              Bellamy is an incredible talent; no doubt. Thanks for the vid link.

              I know what you mean about Andy McKee. Sometimes he's more of a percussionist than a guitarist.
              If you like classical guitarists, have you ever heard of this guy? The part where he throws in harmonics at the climax of the arpeggios gives me shivers:

              Edgar Cruz - Ghost Riders in the Sky

              It's track #10
              Last edited by Hawgdriver; 07-25-2007, 12:02 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                The best guitarists are easily the guys from dragonforce they are unbelievable but they arent great song writers just watch through the fire and flames solo

                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.



                watch the whole thing especially when they start playing it like a piano

                RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

                I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Hawgdriver View Post
                  If you like classical guitarists, have you ever heard of this guy? The part where he throws in harmonics at the climax of the arpeggios gives me shivers:

                  Edgar Cruz - Ghost Riders in the Sky

                  It's track #10
                  He came to my school one year and I got a free tape of some of his stuff.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN View Post
                    The best guitarists are easily the guys from dragonforce they are unbelievable but they arent great song writers just watch through the fire and flames solo

                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.



                    watch the whole thing especially when they start playing it like a piano
                    They're technically proficient...but it's so yawnworthy. Shred/tap/pinch harmonic and then wash, rinse repeat. That defines having no soul or groove.

                    +1 on the classical guitarists I love the percussive acoustic stuff.

                    Some more bassists...not my sort of music but you've got to be amazed.


                    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9tg4okrbYVE (broken string action :p)

                    Squarepusher - Coopers World (Live)Tokyo Shinjuku Liquid RoomJuly 24 1997
                    Last edited by muse; 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                    Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEdUajXBsI - blues


                      and one of my favorite classical guitarists

                      This arrangement of "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton can be ordered at https://shop.per-olovkindgren.com/ as part of my Playbook (Sold out at the moment! Ap...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6Jsqd-qw

                        one of my favorite videos

                        the riffs are sick

                        alex webster rules
                        Last edited by tpryce93; 07-25-2007, 05:23 PM.
                        the space that is mine



                        We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X