Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best remade movies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best remade movies

    What movies do you think are better then the origionals?

    I like the Brians song remake a lot better.

  • #2
    That's a tough one. I'd have to go back and look at my movie collections (boxed up right now) and see which ones were remakes. Off the top of my head:

    The Thing
    Ocean's 11
    Dawn of the Dead

    Most recently

    Casino Royale which totally
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      That's a tough one. I'd have to go back and look at my movie collections (boxed up right now) and see which ones were remakes. Off the top of my head:

      The Thing
      Ocean's 11
      Dawn of the Dead

      Most recently

      Casino Royale which totally
      Definitely The Thing.
      Dawn of the Deadis hard to argue with.

      I haven't seen the original of the other 2.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • #4
        dawn of the deads my favy.

        halloween will pwn
        the space that is mine



        We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

        Comment


        • #5
          The Fly.....

          Dawn of the dead....


          Casino Royale sucked HARD....was like watching a 2 hour poker match p
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Firstwave64 View Post
            The Fly.....

            Dawn of the dead....


            Casino Royale sucked HARD....was like watching a 2 hour poker match p
            The Fly... how did I forget to include it?
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




            R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

            Comment


            • #7
              Batman Begins.

              One of my most favorite of favorite movies EVER!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hmm, I'll have to think about this one... Right now I can only tell you what movie it is NOT-- Willy Wonka.

                The original was and is one of the best movies of all time. Johnny Depp sucked as Willy Wonka!

                But we could probably list bad remakes all day, so I'll get back to answering the actual question sooner or later.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Firstwave64 View Post
                  The Fly.....

                  Dawn of the dead....


                  Casino Royale sucked HARD....was like watching a 2 hour poker match p
                  You had to be on something to watch the original Casino Royale, despite (or maybe because) of a cast including David Niven, Peter Sellers, Woody Allen and Ursula Andress
                  The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

                  Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                  BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                  You'll Never Walk Alone




                  Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

                  You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

                  Maybe Slowick should pay attention

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Departed

                    This was a remake of the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs. They were both good movies and I'd say they are about on par with each other. I've heard plenty of people say they liked Departed was better though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i think will smiths new movie "the last man on earth" (i think itll be called that)will be rad!!! its a remake of a movie from the 50s cant think of the title right now!
                      GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

                      [


                      denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by antiwup View Post
                        i think will smiths new movie "the last man on earth" (i think itll be called that)will be rad!!! its a remake of a movie from the 50s cant think of the title right now!
                        The 1st version : The Last Man on Earth (1964 Vincent Price) was a wonderful movie.

                        The 2nd version: The Omega Man (1971 Charlton Heston) was terrible.

                        Was there a 3rd version? Possibly. These movies are based on Richard Matheson's "I am Legend", easily my favorite short story/novella (perhaps "novella" is more fitting.... too short to be a novel/too long to be a short story). I've read it many, many times..... check it out.

                        My advice: read I am Legend and watch Price's version with an open mind (translation: don't cry about watching a black and white movie/don't expect CGI and big $$ special effects) -- if you can't do so, don't call the new version the best version.... how would you know without objectively watching both?

                        I look forward to Smith's version, but Matheson's brilliant story had better not be messed up.
                        Last edited by keithbishop; 08-24-2007, 04:21 AM.
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                          The 1st version : The Last Man on Earth (1964 Vincent Price) was a wonderful movie.

                          The 2nd version: The Omega Man (1971 Charlton Heston) was terrible.

                          Was there a 3rd version? Possibly. These movies are based on Richard Matheson's "I am Legend", easily my favorite short story/novella (perhaps "novella" is more fitting.... too short to be a novel/too long to be a short story). I've read it many, many times..... check it out.

                          My advice: read I am Legend and watch Price's version with an open mind (translation: don't cry about watching a black and white movie/don't expect CGI and big $$ special effects) -- if you can't do so, don't call the new version the best version.... how would you know without objectively watching both?

                          I look forward to Smith's version, but Matheson's brilliant story had better not be messed up.
                          vincent price was an awesome actor! last man on earth circa 1964 is a great movie!!
                          GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

                          [


                          denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by antiwup View Post
                            vincent price was an awesome actor! last man on earth circa 1964 is a great movie!!

                            R.I.P. , Vincent.

                            I look forward to the new version as well. If you get a chance, check out the book. You won't be disappointed. Lightning fast read.
                            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                            R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                              Batman Begins.

                              One of my most favorite of favorite movies EVER!
                              Um... Batman Begins is NOT a remake!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X