• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
    Um... Batman Begins is NOT a remake!
    Still a kick ass Batman movie though.

Comment

I'll have to agree with Dawn of the Dead....one of my favorite movies.

I also liked Amityville Horror.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
        Um... Batman Begins is NOT a remake!
        It so is. It's the "first" Batman all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
          I'll have to agree with Dawn of the Dead....one of my favorite movies.

I also liked Amityville Horror.
          The Amityville remake was cool.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
            It so is. It's the "first" Batman all over again.
            There have been Batman movies before that Michael Keaton piece of %$# were the Joker was cool but Batman himself was a total pansy stuck in a rubber suit.

Batman Begins WAS awesome because, for the first time ever, they based it not on anything that came before in the theaters, but on the COMIC BOOK. A novel concept that worked wonderfully.

And if you think about it, Michael Keaton Batman and Batman Begins have almost no story elements in common besides they both feature a Batman at the start of his crimb-fighting career in Gothem.

Michael Keaton Batman had no real training origin, had the Joker, Vicky Vale, ect.

Batman Begins is really about how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and doesn't really use any of his major costumed villains so the focus is all on Batman. It borrows nothing from the Michael Keaton movie and is as much a remake of that movie as it is a remake of the Adam West 1966 "Batman: The Movie".
            Last edited by broncsx3; 09-08-2007, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
              The 1st version : The Last Man on Earth (1964 Vincent Price) was a wonderful movie.

The 2nd version: The Omega Man (1971 Charlton Heston) was terrible.

Was there a 3rd version? Possibly. These movies are based on Richard Matheson's "I am Legend", easily my favorite short story/novella (perhaps "novella" is more fitting.... too short to be a novel/too long to be a short story). I've read it many, many times..... check it out.

My advice: read I am Legend and watch Price's version with an open mind (translation: don't cry about watching a black and white movie/don't expect CGI and big $$ special effects) -- if you can't do so, don't call the new version the best version.... how would you know without objectively watching both?

I look forward to Smith's version, but Matheson's brilliant story had better not be messed up.

There is a third one coming out this winter appropriately titled "I am Legend". It looks pretty ambitious. From the trailer (http://http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/ ) it looks to be set in modern day NYC or some other metropolis. I did read the book, and I thought it would be a difficult narritive to translate into a movie. 95% of it takes place in his thought process. He is the only character for the bulk of the story.
              I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Working...
              X