Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

madden 2004 (ps2) - who is the best player/steal you drafted in owner mode???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madden 2004 (ps2) - who is the best player/steal you drafted in owner mode???

i have had 2 great round 1 picks.

vanelli (80) DE

bailey (84) CB

my best steal is a DT called davis. i drafted him late 4th round and within 2-3 years he was hitting the 90's and my leading pass-rusher on the D-LINE.

Mine was Charlie Whitehurst in franchise mode. He was an unsigned FA so I got him for majorly cheap for 7 years and he just dominated.
    Eddie Mac for prez!

Comment

what was his rating/position?

btw - have u ever tried madden manager?

Comment

I drafted an uber Running Back named Daunte Brady. He is like 228 lbs, runs at a 99 speed right off the start, great break tackle ability, 70's carrying, 80 some agility, 80 some acceleration, catching in the 70s. His stat that was low was 'awareness', which doesnt matter almost at all for a running back, since you control them anyways. He defaulted to number 30 and looks exactly like Terrell Davis, same face mask and all. His first play in a regular season game, at home against the Raiders, a simple counter right play went 78 yards to the house!! I think his overall rating was a 78 or so when i got him.

I play on my PC tho, so it may be a little different than a console.

Comment

you should do owner maode 'manager', you need alot of skill managing the cap, franchise and drafting. success also relies on 'risk'. the trouble with playing yourself is that i can make any player good so it takes little drafting skill.

Comment

The best player I drafted in Madden 2004 was a TE out of West Virginia by the name of Shevin Charles. He was 6'7 283lbs, and had a speed rating of 74 and a catch rating of 71 right outta the draft. His blocking was insane for a TE too. His Pass block rating was a 69 and his run block was a 75! He was so good, I took Sharpe's number "out of retirement" and assinged it to him. Currently he's a 96 overall.

Comment

i drafted a olb that was drafted with 87 speed and ended with 90, he turned out to be a heck of LB. i dont remeber his overall or anything cause i changed dynastys since then b/c my team got too good and i got board.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

I didn't draft him but I traded for him. A QB named Willie Bailey. He is 6'4 220 and had an Throw Power of 99! His Throw accuracy was 80 and his overall was 82. I traded Akili Smith, my second round pick and another second round pick I aquired from Jacksonville for Willie Bailey, their second round pick and a fourth round pick. Not too bad a deal. Oh another thing was that he was only 22 so he should have a long career. After the first year he went up to 88 overall.

Comment

charlie whitehurst is a real life qb from I wanna say marshall but I don't think that's right. I use a thing from geekrosters.com I believe it is that gives you all the real names of college players in the ncaa games so when you import players it has their actual names instead of just numbers.
                  Eddie Mac for prez!

Comment

Charlie Whitehurst plays or played for Clemson

Comment

Got an absolutely pimped DE. 84 outta the draft! he had 81 speed and 93 acc. his tackelig was 82 and awerness was 84. Played for 14 years in the league and recorded 246 sacks with 2 ints and 42 FF. was costing me over 15 mil tho which was v annoyin. he reached 99 within 3 years of playin with him.

Comment

I didnt really draft this guy, but the Texans drafted a QB in the first round and didnt sign him, so i picked him up in FA to be my backup. It didnt really matter though, my starter was a 96 overall. Also 2 safetys i drafted in the same year on 3rd and 4th rds, one was like 95 and the backup was 85. I also won all 30 super bowls, so it was a good franchise.....
                        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

if you do a fantasy draft, get carson palmer right away. He starts at like 79 I believe but within 3 years of starting and mini-camp he'll be 99.
                          Eddie Mac for prez!

Comment

i picked up a free agent back named rondell mealey....dude is a ****ing beast....portis who? i think he used to play for the packers and got hurt or something...and i drafted a good cb ronyell payton....deltha improved a lot so i traded bailey once his salary got TOO high.....

Comment

Best player I drafted was a RB named Nate Davis who was 6'2" 230 and had 97 speed, 95 Agil, 94 Accel and 88 break tackle. His downfall was carry was in the 50's so he did fumble. But in my third game with him I blasted the Chiefs for 341 rushing yards and 6 TD's.

Comment

Working...
                              X