Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best video game of ALL time?

To me it's Final Fantasy VII.

I have never go more enjoyment out of a game then the enjoyment I got from that one. I will still play it every once and awhile and log 90 or 100 hours leveling up, collecting items and exploring.

How bout you?
    What do you think is the video best game of all time?

I really liked Final Fantasy VII. The music, the battle system, and the depth of that game was all awesome. I, too, still pick it up from time to time to play it. The first time I did a summon (Shiva, I think), I nearly had a litter right there on the spot. But.......

The best video game that I ever played was Final Fantasy Tactics. The amount of customization and depth in that game is just plain sick. The plot, while sometimes confusing, kept you playing. There were so many twists and betrayals that kept you playing. FF Tactics was the first game that inspired me to buy its soundtrack because I liked the music so much. I still listen to it to this day.

That's my two cents.
    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

the legend of zelda, I recently just purchased this for my daughter for her gba sp
      Last edited by Booher; 06-27-2004, 11:25 AM.
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Techmobowl (sp?) for original nintendo was a classic; as was Contra!
        "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

No game has entranced as many people for as many hours as EverQuest. Is it the best all time? Maybe, i donno if it's a 'video game', tho. =p

Comment

Space Harrier. I cant tell ya how many coins I dropped into that game.

Comment

Gold Rush for the PC....Contra,
              Cruisin USA, Cruisin the World<====arcade game

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Pong. For the awe factor that I was controoling what I saw on the screen.

I could still play Pac-man all day if I could.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Metroid stole countless hours of my childhood from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler
                    Metroid stole countless hours of my childhood from me.
                    Yeah, once you died, you'd be playing for days just to get your life back.

Cody
                    "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                    "These people need me." Zack Morris
                    "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                    "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                    "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                    "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                    "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                    "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                    "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                    "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                    "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Personally, I think Mortal Kombat is a very good game but I believe Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever.

Cody
                      "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                      "These people need me." Zack Morris
                      "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                      "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                      "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                      "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                      "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                      "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                      "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                      "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                      "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

I'm sticking to my guns the original legend of zelda is king
                        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Contra (come on, who doesn't remember up up down down left right left right b a select start?) and Tecmo Super Bowl were the best two games ever made.

Some of my favorite newer ones are Suikoden 3, Gran Turismo 2, and all of EA's sports games....I always loved playing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the arcade, that'd have to be my favorite along the lines of arcade games.

And I don't think I'd feel right about myself if I didn't mention Street Fighter 2....sonic boom baby
                          Last edited by twotone; 07-02-2004, 02:09 AM.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

I spent many a quarter ( stolen from my dads change jug ) on Galaga. Got pretty good at it too. Inecidentally, the a$$ whooping I rec'd when he found out was not worth the entertainment value of the game.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                            ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

CastlevaniaIII, Gran Turismo, and Goldeneye took many hours away from me.

on pc, i spent way way way to much of my life on EQ.

JIM is the man!!

"Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

Comment

Working...
                              X