Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '

Fast Friday:
    Qual record broke again today, 4th track in a row I think.
    I really like this Gen 6 car, do you ? Sure beats the box car !

Fords owned Cup practice today.
    Roush's birthday too, Happy 71 years young !

Quals; 4 Fords in the top six.
    Kenseth got the pole, Kyle 5th in their Toyos
    Positions 2,3, 4 and 6, all Fords:
    Carl, Stenhouse, Hornish and Almirola.

3 Toyos and the first Chevy round out the top ten quals:
    Truex, Mark Martin and Clint Boywer, 7, 8 and 10 in theirToyos.
    Ryan Newman's Chevy qualified in the 9th position.

Strong wing gusts today, seemed to be impacting cars between turns 1 and 2.
    Almost all the cars were getting squirrley there.
    Jeff Gordon spun out and got into the wall at that spot.
    Roush's hat was blowing off and Danica's hair was 90 degrees to her head.

Kansas is a mile and a half tri-oval.
    Looking for a good Cup race.

Behave yourselves drivers, be safe and have a good time in Kansas !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
      '

Fast Friday:
      Qual record broke again today, 4th track in a row I think.
      I really like this Gen 6 car, do you ? Sure beats the box car !

Fords owned Cup practice today.
      Roush's birthday too, Happy 71 years young !

Quals; 4 Fords in the top six.
      Kenseth got the pole, Kyle 5th in their Toyos
      Positions 2,3, 4 and 6, all Fords:
      Carl, Stenhouse, Hornish and Almirola.

3 Toyos and the first Chevy round out the top ten quals:
      Truex, Mark Martin and Clint Boywer, 7, 8 and 10 in theirToyos.
      Ryan Newman's Chevy qualified in the 9th position.

Strong wing gusts today, seemed to be impacting cars between turns 1 and 2.
      Almost all the cars were getting squirrley there.
      Jeff Gordon spun out and got into the wall at that spot.
      Roush's hat was blowing off and Danica's hair was 90 degrees to her head.

Kansas is a mile and a half tri-oval.
      Looking for a good Cup race.

Behave yourselves drivers, be safe and have a good time in Kansas !

You mean what I'm watching right now is a repeat?

It's been a long day. Funerals are not fun.
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• All things considered, glad Mark got a top 10 finish today but man I wish the team would start running up front more. Truex and Bowyer are in the mix for wins and it seems the 55 is not quite there yet which is surprising considering some of the strong runs they had last year, I expected more from them this year. Also, Kenseth has gone off like a firecracker since joining Gibbs, I thought the combination would work, just didn't think it would be this soon.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• How much longer is Tony going to let things go like this? He has got to make a change because things aren't getting any better, in fact i think they have gotten worse the last 2 races.

It's time to move on from Addington & put Zippy back ontop the box & get back to contending like he should be! He should be embarrassed with his performance when you can't even run in the top 20.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            How much longer is Tony going to let things go like this? He has got to make a change because things aren't getting any better, in fact i think they have gotten worse the last 2 races.

It's time to move on from Addington & put Zippy back ontop the box & get back to contending like he should be! He should be embarrassed with his performance when you can't even run in the top 20.
            I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet. Pairing Newman and Bourland back together has improved their performance, they are either out to lunch with the rest of SHR or running into bad luck. Firing Grubb was dumb move to begin with.
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• From Jayski:

TRD Statment on #20 penalties: TRD Statement: "During NASCAR's routine post-race tear down of Matt Kenseth's race-winning car and engine from Kansas Speedway, one of our engine connecting rods weighed in approximately three grams under the legal minimum weight of 525 grams. None of the other seven connecting rods were found to be under the minimum weight. We take full responsibility for this issue with the engine used by the #20 Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) team this past Sunday in Kansas -- JGR is not involved in the process of selecting parts or assembling the Cup Series engines. It was a simple oversight on TRD's part and there was no intent to deceive, or to gain any type of competitive advantage. Toyota is a company that was built on integrity, and that remains one of the guiding principles of the company. The goal of TRD has always been -- and will continue to be -- to build high-performance engines that are reliable, durable and powerful, and within the guidelines established by NASCAR."(TRD)(4-24-2013)

Race winning car fails post race inspection. I doubt the infraction gave him an advantage but i'm sure the fine will be hefty (or at least it should be, poor Carl Long is still out of Cup racing because of an engine violation).
              sigpic

Comment

• I live about 10-15 minutes from where the accident occurred. I used to drive by Kelly's parents' home every week (when I worked).

I hope she's okay.

Former driver Sutton involved in serious motorcycle crash: A man is killed and a woman is critically injured in a motorcycle crash on Veterans Highway. It happened Sunday just after 9 p.m. on Veterans Highway near Benfield Boulevard in Millersville when a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle crashed after striking a raised cement median/barrier. The driver, 55-year-old Robert G. Wells of Crownsville, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he later died from injuries. The passenger, 41-year-old Kelly R. Sutton of Crownsville, sustained severe injuries from the crash and was transported to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Speed and alcohol use appear to be possible contributing factors in the crash. The investigation is ongoing. Sutton has 54 career starts within trucks spanning the 2003 to 2007 seasons.(CBS Baltimore)(4-9-2013)
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• ^^^^^
                  So sorry to hear about that accident. Prayers for Kelly, RIP Mr. Wells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Fast Friday:

QUALS:

Pole winner: Matt Kenseth
                  2. Vickers
                  3. Gordon
                  4. Kahne
                  5. Bowyer
                  6. Montoya
                  7. Logano
                  8. Kyle
                  9. Truex
                  10. Mark Martin

As you can see, Lots of Toyos in the top 10 again.
                  And as you all know, practice and qual times can be thrown out the window.
                  All depends on track conditions at race time and the team's in-race adjustments
                  Richmond is a short track, 3/4 miler.

Drivers were having problems getting on throttle out of the turns.
                  Look for some fish tails race day along with a lot of lap traffic.

Drivers behave yourselves, be safe and enjoy Richmond.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                    ^^^^^
                    So sorry to hear about that accident. Prayers for Kelly, RIP Mr. Wells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Fast Friday:

QUALS:

Pole winner: Matt Kenseth
                    2. Vickers
                    3. Gordon
                    4. Kahne
                    5. Bowyer
                    6. Montoya
                    7. Logano
                    8. Kyle
                    9. Truex
                    10. Mark Martin

As you can see, Lots of Toyos in the top 10 again.
                    And as you all know, practice and qual times can be thrown out the window.
                    All depends on track conditions at race time and the team's in-race adjustments
                    Richmond is a short track, 3/4 miler.

Drivers were having problems getting on throttle out of the turns.
                    Look for some fish tails race day along with a lot of lap traffic.

Drivers behave yourselves, be safe and enjoy Richmond.

Nice write up, AZ. Should be a good race.

It's NW, but---Scott VS Piquet

I had the Draft on and forgot the NW race was on (I'll have to catch a replay). Two Childress guys arrested for alleged assault because it was outside the track. The law doesn't apply if it was within the track?
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Addington has to go now! This has gone way too far!

I'm making a bold prediction that he gets fired this week, or at least i'm hoping so.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mark got wrecked again, make me wonder why I even watch anymore lol
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          Mark got wrecked again, make me wonder why I even watch anymore lol
                          Try being a Bobby Labonte fan.....
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Try being a Bobby Labonte fan.....
                            My mom is a Bobby fan so I know where you are coming from. His career nose dived when he left Gibbs but at least he hasn't sunk as low as Terry has........
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              My mom is a Bobby fan so I know where you are coming from. His career nose dived when he left Gibbs but at least he hasn't sunk as low as Terry has........
                              Nose dived once Jimmy Makar left actually.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Nose dived once Jimmy Makar left actually.
                                Yeah, musical CCs really didn't help.
                                Administrator
                                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

Working...
                                X