No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jason Leffler. Crazy to think that he just start and parked the 19 a few days ago in Pocono......
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

RIP Jason Leffler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast Friday: Michigan 400, 2 mile oval

Practice: first 4 drivers topped 200 mph, next 8 topped 199.
      Fast practice overall, 31 drivers topped over 196 mph.
      Tony had to switch to a backup car after getting into the wall.
      Top 10 fastest in practice this morning on a hot (108), sunny track:
      Kahne, Kurt, Almirola, Harvick, Jr., Mark Martin, Truex, JJ, Carl and Austin Dillon.

Qualifying was held this afternoon after the NWS practice.
      The track temp was hotter (118) than this morning’s Sprint practice.
      Even so, qual times were relatively fast. 22 drivers averaged 2 miles at over 199 mph.
      This could be any team’s race for a win that make the right adjustments at the right time.

Line up for the Michigan 400:

1 .Carl Edwards 202.452
      2. Kurt Bush 201.879
      3. Kasey Kahne 201.213
      4. Paul Menard 200.803
      5. Aric Almirola 200.764
      6. Joey Logano 200.725
      7. Austin Dillon 200.630
      8. Matt Kenseth 200.568
      9. Kyle Busch 200.457
      10. Juan Pablo Montoya 200.445
      11. Denny Hamlin 200.406
      12. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 200.100
      13. Martin Truex Jr. 200.050
      14. Tony Stewart 199.789
      15. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 199.761
      16. Brad Keselowski 199.750
      17. Jimmie Johnson 199.689
      18. Jeff Burton 199.656
      19. Greg Biffle 199.380
      20. Bobby Labonte 199.358
      21. Kevin Harvick 199.231
      22. Mark Martin 199.214
      23. Marcos Ambrose 198.692
      24. Casey Mears 198.593
      25. Trevor Bayne 198.429
      26. David Gilliland 198.364
      27. Clint Bowyer 198.292
      28. Jamie McMurray 198.080
      29. Jeff Gordon 197.922
      30. Michael McDowell 197.217
      31. David Ragan 196.813
      32. AJ Allmendinger 196.791
      33. David Reutimann 196.276
      34. David Stremme 196.266
      35. Ryan Newman 195.737
      36. Dave Blaney 195.514
      37. Danica Patrick 194.900
      38. Josh Wise 193.908
      39. Ken Schrader 193.092
      40. J.J. Yeley 192.962
      41. Travis Kvapil 192.833
      42. Joe Nemechek 191.990
      43. Mike Bliss 187.149

Behave yourselves drivers, be safe and enjoy Michigan

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• 26th, last car on lead lap. Another disappointing day for Mark Martin fans. At least Jimmie hit the wall lol
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Good NW race. Congrats to AJ. I like it when my open-wheelers do good.

Papis is funny.

RIP Allan Simonsen
          Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Glad to see Truex finally win. When Juan ran out of gas, I thought so here is how Truex will lose it this week. Have to work Saturday so I will miss the Kentucky race but I will be listening to it on the internet. Mark isn't running it so I guess it don't matter anyways. Kind of surprised he didn't add this race. I could see when Mikey wanted to run the race but why let Vickers run at a track he hasn't?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              Glad to see Truex finally win. When Juan ran out of gas, I thought so here is how Truex will lose it this week. Have to work Saturday so I will miss the Kentucky race but I will be listening to it on the internet. Mark isn't running it so I guess it don't matter anyways. Kind of surprised he didn't add this race. I could see when Mikey wanted to run the race but why let Vickers run at a track he hasn't?

Yes I thought that too. I was just praying he made, he has had that win coming. Congrats to him, I also felt like Montoya got what he deserved.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Said to see Bobby's 704 streak come to an end.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  Said to see Bobby's 704 streak come to an end.
                  Lame...I think he's just about done anyway at this point...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Said to see Bobby's 704 streak come to an end.
                    I was hoping someone would give him a ride. Only 43 cars entered, you could have easily been in with his past champion provisional. Leavine Family Racing could have entered him, or even Gibbs. If they can field a 4th car for Elliot Sadler, why not Bobby?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      I was hoping someone would give him a ride. Only 43 cars entered, you could have easily been in with his past champion provisional. Leavine Family Racing could have entered him, or even Gibbs. If they can field a 4th car for Elliot Sadler, why not Bobby?
                      No joke right...I think they of all teams owe him for what he's done for them over the years...They wouldn't be the multi-team powerhouse they are today without his consistancy the majority of his time there (not to mention his championship)

Yes Smoke did a lot (that's another I wish would give Bobby a ride...) But he came towards the end after Bobby had already had many years of consistantly being in the top 10 in points.

This is a sad day...it'll be the first time since 1978 that there hasn't been a Labonte in the field...
                      Last edited by Freyaka; 06-26-2013, 07:09 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704: Bobby Labonte's consecutive start streak will come to an end at 704 races. Labonte is not entered in the Quaker State 400 Sprint Cup Series race Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway, which will bring an end to the second-longest active starts streak in NASCAR behind Jeff Gordon's 705 starts. Labonte confirmed his status on a chat with fans on the JTG Daugherty Racing website. "I will not be racing this week," he wrote. "It is disappointing the way it is happening. I have had a couple of offers this morning, but I have declined them because I don't want anybody else that has an opportunity to do what I do, what they love, to have to sit on the sideline for my sake." JTG will use A.J. Allmendinger in the #47 Toyota at Kentucky. Allmendinger drove for the team two weeks ago at Michigan, while Labonte drove the #51 Chevy for Phoenix Racing. Phoenix Racing will use Austin Dillon this weekend, which left Labonte without a seat after two consecutive rough races. Labonte has not missed a start since he began racing full-time in the Cup Series in 1993. He's won 21 races and the 2000 championship while driving for Joe Gibbs Racing. Kentucky will mark the first Cup race without a Labonte in the field since the 1978 season finale at Ontario. Older brother Terry Labonte has 884 starts. Ricky Rudd holds the NASCAR record of 788 consecutive starts.(Associated Press), see the full list of consecutive starts on my All-Time NASCAR Sprint Cup Starts page.(6-26-2013)
                        The bolded: That is class.
                        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          The bolded: That is class.
                          Yea it really is....too bad some team wouldn't have created a ride for him instead of asking someone else to sit out in his place...
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm growing rather tired of Johnson's whining about every other drivers restarts....waaaa dude....

I'll never grow tired however of him screwing himself out of a race win!!! I will give him this, that was a dang impressive save and comeback to get a top 10 position.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I'm growing rather tired of Johnson's whining about every other drivers restarts....waaaa dude....

I'll never grow tired however of him screwing himself out of a race win!!! I will give him this, that was a dang impressive save and comeback to get a top 10 position.
                              Yea Jimmie should worry about his own car first
                              sigpic

Comment

• My boy Jimmie win the Firecracker 400.
                                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X