NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So am i the only one who thinks the whole situation with Harvick joining Stewart-Haas & Newman basicly being kicked to the curb is so messed up?

I'm mean seriously your gonna keep Danica over Newman? Yes i get it, it's business & she brings in the sponsorship that Ryan can't, but shouldn't performance count for anything?

Let's face it, other than restrictor plate races she is not capable of winning races, in fact she can't even run in the top 20 & while Newman isn't exactly lighting the world on fire, he is capable of winning any given race & getting into the chase but i guess none of that matters.

Well i guess it is what it is but i think it's a bunch of crap when the money is more of a factor than your performance, so i would say i lost a little bit of respect for tony & the decision he has made.
    I agree but their whole team has run like crap this year. I think Newman will get the better deal getting out of there and going to someone else where the focus isn't on the boss's car
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

So am i the only one who thinks the whole situation with Harvick joining Stewart-Haas & Newman basicly being kicked to the curb is so messed up?

I'm mean seriously your gonna keep Danica over Newman? Yes i get it, it's business & she brings in the sponsorship that Ryan can't, but shouldn't performance count for anything?

Let's face it, other than restrictor plate races she is not capable of winning races, in fact she can't even run in the top 20 & while Newman isn't exactly lighting the world on fire, he is capable of winning any given race & getting into the chase but i guess none of that matters.

Well i guess it is what it is but i think it's a bunch of crap when the money is more of a factor than your performance, so i would say i lost a little bit of respect for tony & the decision he has made.
      They probably had to promise her a lot when they signed her. Fire the most popular driver in NASCAR? Unthinkable. Sponsorship money probably has the most to do with it, though.

Just a side note. Patrick's old ride in IndyCar has won three races this year. Different number (27 instead of 7), but it's the same car, sponsor and team.
      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

A "new" ride for Newman will ultimately be best for him ala Matt Kenseth.
        Too much pressure from NASCAR on SHR to showcase Danica.

Newman has been the best over all performer on that team so far this year.
        He has been flirting in the top 10, getting wrecked a lot like last week.
        (btw, anyone else grin when Danica took out Ricky last week ?)

Newman will land on his feet and do well, I wish him the best, sadly, it's just business.

~~~
        Gripe:
        I have always disliked the change to the Sprint Cup final "Chase".
        Wish we still had the Winston Cup, grew up with it.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          I agree but their whole team has run like crap this year. I think Newman will get the better deal getting out of there and going to someone else where the focus isn't on the boss's car
          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          They probably had to promise her a lot when they signed her. Fire the most popular driver in NASCAR? Unthinkable. Sponsorship money probably has the most to do with it, though.

Just a side note. Patrick's old ride in IndyCar has won three races this year. Different number (27 instead of 7), but it's the same car, sponsor and team.
          Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Newman will land on his feet and do well, I wish him the best, sadly, it's just business.
          ~~~
          Gripe:

You all make some really good points there & i guess i never thought about what type of contract Danica was given, so when you think of all that i guess she wouldn't be going anywhere "yet" but i have to believe if her performance doesn't improve from this year to next then you start thinking about letting her go when her deal is done.

As for Newman, i wish him well also but i'm just not sure he will have as good of an oppurtunity as Kenseth did, Matt went to an established championship caliber team & organization. There doesn't seem to be many openings this year unlike in years past when all kind of rides would open up, seems like not much movement taking place this year.
          sigpic

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong but Harvick is taking newmans ride correct? He's going to do well with that team I think.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

~~~
              Gripe:

Yes.

Agree about the Chase. But like all things in life, I've gotten used to it. I tell hubby, "Just let me complain".

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              You all make some really good points there & i guess i never thought about what type of contract Danica was given, so when you think of all that i guess she wouldn't be going anywhere "yet" but i have to believe if her performance doesn't improve from this year to next then you start thinking about letting her go when her deal is done.

As for Newman, i wish him well also but i'm just not sure he will have as good of an oppurtunity as Kenseth did, Matt went to an established championship caliber team & organization. There doesn't seem to be many openings this year unlike in years past when all kind of rides would open up, seems like not much movement taking place this year.
              I think it's going to take a lot for them to let her go. As long as she's showing "improvement", they'll tolerate it. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if she made the change to another team. Blame-shifting, you know? "It's not me, it's the equipment/CC/whatever".

I hope Newman finds a great ride. Kenseth is so much happier with JGR. Gibbs.....Roush. I can see why.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I've heard Roush wants to get back to four cars, Newman +Sponsorship might be a good combination, especially if he can bring Matt Bourland with him
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• So who's ready to see the truck race tom.night racing on the dirt at Eldora Speedway? Should be very intersting to see how this race goes, i could see alot of cautions & alot of spins.

Should be some good entertainment & who knows if it goes well maybe they could someday get the cup cars out there, i know Tony is all for it & i think alot of the drivers would be down with trying it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I'm glad to see Harvick going to SHR,he and smoke will work great together,oh by the way,I'm a #29 Bud fan!!!
                    #1 R8R H8R

Comment

• Originally posted by BFE View Post
                      I'm glad to see Harvick going to SHR,he and smoke will work great together,oh by the way,I'm a #29 Bud fan!!!
                      Cool, you should post more in this thread, we need some more nascar fans posting :thumb:
                      sigpic

Comment

So who's ready to see the truck race tom.night racing on the dirt at Eldora Speedway? Should be very intersting to see how this race goes, i could see alot of cautions & alot of spins.

Should be some good entertainment & who knows if it goes well maybe they could someday get the cup cars out there, i know Tony is all for it & i think alot of the drivers would be down with trying it.
                        Can't wait to see it, a lot of these guys are out of their element. Can't wait to see if a guy like Scott Bloomquist can steal one. I also laughed when they said John Wes Townley hit the wall, I was like, he does this on pavement, are they really surprised?
                        sigpic

Comment

Watching the qual races now.
                          This track is wild !!!
                          Love it, ol' man Ken has the pole !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Fantastic race, the best one we will see all year. Nascar needs Sprint Cup at a dirt track *cough* *Knoxville* cough
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Watching the qual races now.
                              This track is wild !!!
                              Love it, ol' man Ken has the pole !
                              Wasn't that fun!

Tony looked so happy. I thought it was cool that he went down the line, talking to all the drivers right before they went on the track.

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              Fantastic race, the best one we will see all year. Nascar needs Sprint Cup at a dirt track *cough* *Knoxville* cough
                              I was thinking about Cup on dirt. It seems like it would have to be bigger than half a mile. It would be fun/entertaining.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                                Wasn't that fun!

Tony looked so happy. I thought it was cool that he went down the line, talking to all the drivers right before they went on the track.

I was thinking about Cup on dirt. It seems like it would have to be bigger than half a mile. It would be fun/entertaining.
                                I think a half mile could work. Bristol and Martinsville are that size. Eldora and Knoxville are plenty wide for the cup cars, I think it would be great. Tonight's race was truly a treat to watch and just plain exciting. Norm Benning drove the wheels off his truck to get in, then flips the bird to Greenfield was priceless lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X