NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I think a half mile could work. Bristol and Martinsville are that size. Eldora and Knoxville are plenty wide for the cup cars, I think it would be great. Tonight's race was truly a treat to watch and just plain exciting. Norm Benning drove the wheels off his truck to get in, then flips the bird to Greenfield was priceless lol
    Even with all the sliding? I just thought a bigger track might be better.

I just re-watched Tokyo Drift last week.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Even with all the sliding? I just thought a bigger track might be better.

I just re-watched Tokyo Drift last week.
      Lol I just watched that too, it was on Spike I think :clap:

I guess you have to think of it as a distant sequel to the newer ones since Han is still alive and kicking in those. The new one was my favorite in the series it was fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        Lol I just watched that too, it was on Spike I think :clap:

I guess you have to think of it as a distant sequel to the newer ones since Han is still alive and kicking in those. The new one was my favorite in the series it was fantastic.
        Yes, it was.

I haven't seen the new one, yet.

Fast cars make me happy.
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Fantastic race, the best one we will see all year. Nascar needs Sprint Cup at a dirt track *cough* *Knoxville* cough
          I too thought it was a great race & very exciting to watch. And absoulutely they need to get the cup cars on the dirt. :thumb:

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Wasn't that fun!

Tony looked so happy. I thought it was cool that he went down the line, talking to all the drivers right before they went on the track.

I was thinking about Cup on dirt. It seems like it would have to be bigger than half a mile. It would be fun/entertaining.
          Yeah i'm sure Tony was just so overjoyed to be hosting such a great & historic race but i'm sure alot went into this event, from getting this race there & then making sure everything was right, must have been a real treat for him.

And as far as the cup cars on that size dirt track, i think it could work, i mean look how long those guys raced last night without an incident. I like many thought there would be alot of cautions & spins but there wasn't. It was a really good race & hopefully we see more to come.
          sigpic

Comment

• 1 Jimmie Johnson 696 --
            2 Clint Bowyer 640
            3 Carl Edwards 623
            4 Kevin Harvick 622
            5 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 578
            6 Matt Kenseth 576
            7 Kyle Busch 576
            8 Greg Biffle 545
            9 Brad Keselowski 529
            10 Kasey Kahne 523
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

• I am excited for the Brickyard this Sunday.

sigpic

Comment

• Good article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eldora-...8--nascar.html
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Congrats to Newman for winning the Brickyard. Now who signs him for their 4th car next year? Roush or Childress?
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I was hoping Johnson would win today's race... Oh well.

sigpic

Comment

• Smoke will miss Sunday's race do to a broken leg.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        Smoke will miss Sunday's race do to a broken leg.
                        Stewart breaks leg in Sprint Car race, will miss Watkins Glen: Three-time NASCAR champion #14-Tony Stewart will miss this weekend's road course race at Watkins Glen after breaking his right leg in a sprint car race Monday night at Southern Iowa Speedway. A spokesman for Stewart said the 42-year-old driver broke his right tibia and fibula and had surgery after he was transported to a local hospital. An update was expected Tuesday afternoon, and Stewart-Haas Racing did not immediately announce a replacement driver for Stewart's #14 Chevrolet at Watkins Glen, where Stewart is a five-time winner. The team did cancel its scheduled Tuesday test at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The sprint car accident came a day after Stewart finished ninth in the NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway. He's 11th in the Sprint Cup standings with five races to go until the Chase for the Cup field is set. Missing the Watkins Glen race means Stewart likely will miss the Chase. Stewart was leading the 30-lap feature in a 360 winged sprint car with five laps remaining when a lapped car spun in Turn 4 and collected Stewart and two others.(ESPN/Associated Press)(8-6-2013)
                        He'll be lucky if it's just one race. I know they're tough guys, but 2 breaks?
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Well this just flat out sucks!! But as much as he races outside of nascar, i just knew it was only a matter of time but he was only doing what he loves to do.

And he really is free to do it now since he is basicly his own boss, when he was at gibbs he probably was scaled back on what he did but now, he can do what he wants when he wants.

It still doesn't make it any easier to accept because his season is likely now ruined & it really could not have come at a worse time, heading to Watkins Glen, his best track with 5 wins.

Oh well what's done is done, so let's just hope for a full & speedy recovery but i honestly can't see him back in the car for at least a month or two.

Get well Smoke
                          sigpic

Comment

• Zipadelli talks about Stewart: Greg Zipadelli, Competition Director, Stewart-Haas Racing discussed #14-Tony Stewart's condition with the media Wednesday morning. A few notes:
                            • There currently is no timeline for Stewart's recovery or return. They will know more after the second surgery is completed;
                            • The team will "absolutely" need a substitute driver for at least the next 2-3 races;
                            • They are talking to candidates to fill in, but don't have a timeline for an announcement; possibly in the next day or so;
                            • Zipadelli says that as many races as Tony runs the team is lucky that this is the first time they are having to deal with this issue;
                            • Stewart Haas will evaluate what races Stewart competes in going forward, but there will not necessarily be any changes.
                            • Stewart's sponsors: "They're all disappointed and we understand that."(8-7-2013)
                            I really thought missing only one race was being optimistic. I hope he heals quickly.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Feel bad for smoke but those are the risks drivers take when they race in anything but Sprint Cup
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                Well this just flat out sucks!! But as much as he races outside of nascar, i just knew it was only a matter of time but he was only doing what he loves to do.

And he really is free to do it now since he is basicly his own boss, when he was at gibbs he probably was scaled back on what he did but now, he can do what he wants when he wants.

It still doesn't make it any easier to accept because his season is likely now ruined & it really could not have come at a worse time, heading to Watkins Glen, his best track with 5 wins.

Oh well what's done is done, so let's just hope for a full & speedy recovery but i honestly can't see him back in the car for at least a month or two.

Get well Smoke
                                As soon as I heard about this I thought of you. I knew it would upset you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X