NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Well this just flat out sucks!! But as much as he races outside of nascar, i just knew it was only a matter of time but he was only doing what he loves to do.

And he really is free to do it now since he is basicly his own boss, when he was at gibbs he probably was scaled back on what he did but now, he can do what he wants when he wants.

It still doesn't make it any easier to accept because his season is likely now ruined & it really could not have come at a worse time, heading to Watkins Glen, his best track with 5 wins.

Oh well what's done is done, so let's just hope for a full & speedy recovery but i honestly can't see him back in the car for at least a month or two.

Get well Smoke
    Well he's still not out, but he's going to have to start winning races when he gets back and he can't be out very long anything more than 3 weeks and he's toast at this point in the year.. He really should be banking on his driver (newman) making a championship run instead since his odds of making the chase just increased dramatically. Newman gets another win or two and he'll be sitting nicely.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Well he's still not out, but he's going to have to start winning races when he gets back and he can't be out very long anything more than 3 weeks and he's toast at this point in the year.. He really should be banking on his driver (newman) making a championship run instead since his odds of making the chase just increased dramatically. Newman gets another win or two and he'll be sitting nicely.
      I was thinking about this yesterday & although it seems far fetched & perhaps a bit of wishful thinking, your right about his chances at the chase not being over just yet but yes if he misses more than 3 races it would be nearly impossible but if it's 3 races, he still would have a shot & this is how...

Right now Tony is 89 points in front of 21st Stenhouse & 94 points ahead of 22nd Ambrose. So with the current point system of 1 point per position here are a couple scenarios to keep slim hope...

so let's say it's 3 races he is out, either Stenhouse or Ambrose would need to average a 14th place finish over those 3 races, 14th = 30 points so if they did that it would only put them about the same poinnts with still 2 races left, even if they had 3 finishes of 10th (not likely for either) they would only be around 10 or 12 points in front of Tony.

if it's 4 races smoke misses, alot harder but still hope because even then either stenhouse or ambrose would need to average 19th or better over those 4 races to score 100 points or more, 19th = 25 points.

Now all of this would also depend on no other driver between 11th & 20th getting 2 wins & in all likelihood Stewart would probably need to win Richmond unless there would only be one other driver with a win from 11th to 20th.

I know it sounds like i'm just grasping at straws & hoping but that would give him a month off & could you just imagine if he was able to come back for Richmond & have a scenario like Jeremy Mayfield a few years back, win to get in. Just imagine the drama, it would be made for tv entertaiment. lol!

So i guess to sum it up, until he misses the cutoff race at Richmond then i will hold out some hope but at the same time realize it's not likely he will be back that soon.
      sigpic

Comment

• For the haters of road courses, you need to check your vision. The road courses are some of the best races anymore and today was no exception. Feel bad for Marcos and Jeff Gordon. Marcos's car was a bullet till something broke on it, he makes it look so easy. As for Jeff, he seriously sounded like he wanted to cry in his interview. Got to think he is really thinking about retirement. Also Michael McDowell was doing great for Front Row till the rear end broke.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          For the haters of road courses, you need to check your vision. The road courses are some of the best races anymore and today was no exception. Feel bad for Marcos and Jeff Gordon. Marcos's car was a bullet till something broke on it, he makes it look so easy. As for Jeff, he seriously sounded like he wanted to cry in his interview. Got to think he is really thinking about retirement. Also Michael McDowell was doing great for Front Row till the rear end broke.
          It was a great race for sure, I wish they'd add like 2-3 more road courses a year. Like Road America or the track in Mexico or the one in Canada that the nationwide series races on.
          sigpic

Comment

• I love road courses. It would be nice if they added more. I think it really shows a driver's skill (or lack of ). Some of the drivers have surprised me. Some have shown a great improvement.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              I love road courses. It would be nice if they added more. I think it really shows a driver's skill (or lack of ). Some of the drivers have surprised me. Some have shown a great improvement.
              I totally agree, there should be more road course races on the schedule, maybe 4 is a good number & certainly one in the chase, there are plenty of tracks that hold two races & if one of them was taken away, i don't think it would break too many hearts.

Like Pocono or Michigan.
              sigpic

Comment

• Looks like Austin Dillion will be in the #14 this week, what an opportunity for the youngster to get in a great ride.

KANNAPOLIS, N.C., (Aug. 12, 2013) – As NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Tony Stewart continues to recover from a broken right tibia and fibula suffered in a sprint car crash Aug. 5 at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa, Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) continues to field his No. 14 Chevrolet SS in the Sprint Cup Series.

After veteran racer Max Papis drove the No. 14 Chevrolet to a 15th-place finish Sunday at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International to maintain the team’s 11th-place standing in the Sprint Cup Series owner championship, SHR has named 23-year-old Austin Dillon interim driver of the No. 14 Mobil 1/Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet for the Pure Michigan 400 event Aug. 16-18 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn.

Dillon is the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion and competes full-time in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, where he currently leads the championship standings. He has two Nationwide Series wins and five Camping World Truck Series victories, the most recent of which came July 24 in the inaugural CarCash Mudsummer Classic presented by CNBC Prime’s “The Profit” at Eldora Speedway in Rossurg, Ohio, which is owned by Stewart. The Pure Michigan 400 will mark Dillon’s 10th career Sprint Cup start.

“I’ve watched Austin for many years and at each stage of his racing career he’s been successful,” Stewart said. “He’s proven to be a very fast learner, and he’s able to adapt quickly. Being the youngest champion in the history of the Truck Series is proof of that. His background in dirt racing is an asset, and off the track we share many of the same interests, specifically, hunting and fishing. I know he’ll perform well at Michigan and I’m just as confident in his ability to properly represent Mobil 1 and Bass Pro Shops throughout the race weekend.”

SHR has not determined who the interim driver of the No. 14 Chevrolet will be for the Sprint Cup Series’ following race Aug. 24 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway.

While no timetable has been established for Stewart’s return to the No. 14 Chevrolet, the three-time Sprint Cup champion was discharged from the hospital late Sunday afternoon.
                sigpic

Comment

• Juan Pablo Montoya will not be back with Earnhardt Ganassi in 2014.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Juan Pablo Montoya will not be back with Earnhardt Ganassi in 2014.
                    Kind of shocking since him and Gannassi have been together for a while. I don't think he is the whole problem, they haven't been good since they left Dodge. Wonder if anyone will sign Juan? His mouth and attitude might make owner shy away.
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      I totally agree, there should be more road course races on the schedule, maybe 4 is a good number & certainly one in the chase, there are plenty of tracks that hold two races & if one of them was taken away, i don't think it would break too many hearts.

Like Pocono or Michigan.
                      Add another road course and a dirt track and the schedule gets a little more exciting. Even if they ran the Daytona road course it would be more exciting.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Saw this on quals today. I thought PA would like it.

Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Saw this on quals today. I thought PA would like it.

Awesome touch by the crew!
                          sigpic

Comment

Kind of shocking since him and Gannassi have been together for a while. I don't think he is the whole problem, they haven't been good since they left Dodge. Wonder if anyone will sign Juan? His mouth and attitude might make owner shy away.
                            I've actually been rather impressed by both this season, I don't think it'll be an issue. I'm gonna call it now, Kurt Busch will go in the 42, Juan to the 78.

This season seems to be all about swaping rides, Harvick to 39 Newman to 29...

Could also see Juan taking over the 83 or 93 also. That team needs a competitive driver because what they have in there now is not great.

Rumor has it Terry Labonte is in talks to buy the 51 from Finch. If this happens look for Bobby Labonte to be driving that next year, 47 is looking to switch to Chevy and form an alliance with RCR so they are going to be looking to put a more competitive driver in there. 47 for that matter could be a potential landing spot for Juan.
                            Last edited by Freyaka; 08-17-2013, 09:09 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• So close, 3 laps to go an no caution of course. Man this has been a disappointing season
                              sigpic

Comment

So close, 3 laps to go an no caution of course. Man this has been a disappointing season
                                I was hoping Mark would have made it & got the win, he was alot closer than i think everyone thought he would get.

P.S. Rumor has it that Mark may be getinng in the #14 until Tony is ready to come back but haven't heard nothing official, just rumor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X