No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also heard that Mark Martin may ride in the 14 car next week.
    It's down to a contract negotiation to make it possible.
    ~~~
    I'm not so sure Kurt will leave the 78 team.
    Kurt has been driving the wheels off of that 78 car.
    They have come a long way and are at the cusp.
    They all have been working together so hard.
    I think that Kurt will stick with them. Loyalty.
    ~~~
    The 29 car would be great for Newman.
    Hope EGR signs him.
    ~~~
    Newman will land a good ride I'm sure.
    Not too sure about Montoya.
    Not that many good rides opening up.
    Vickers is taking the #55 ride.
    I think Mark Martin will get the 42 car.
    Mark has experience and can still get on the wheel.
    Plus Mark has a great attitude and doesn't mouth off.
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-18-2013, 08:13 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• I hope Mark gets in Tony's car, he might be able to help them find what they are missing, kind of like AJ with the 47 car. Mark showed today he can get it done if the car is right.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• As much as I hate to say this but I do not think Jeff Gordon will win another Cup Title. His stablemate Jimmie Johnson has been dominate the past seven to eight years and loos to keep doing the same for te foreseeable future. Add in the new young talent and other cagey veterians his window is all but closed.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          As much as I hate to say this but I do not think Jeff Gordon will win another Cup Title. His stablemate Jimmie Johnson has been dominate the past seven to eight years and loos to keep doing the same for te foreseeable future. Add in the new young talent and other cagey veterians his window is all but closed.
          Yea, I see Jeff only racing a few more years to be honest. I can't see him going the Mark Martin route and racing till he just can't do it anymore lol. As much as I hate Jimmie, he is honestly the Richard Petty of our generation and will go down as one of the top 3 in history.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Yea, I see Jeff only racing a few more years to be honest. I can't see him going the Mark Martin route and racing till he just can't do it anymore lol. As much as I hate Jimmie, he is honestly the Richard Petty of our generation and will go down as one of the top 3 in history.
            I am also a huge Johnson fan, I think if he keeps winning the way he has been he just might pass Earnhardt and be the number two driver of all time. He is on pace (if he has not already) to pass Dale on the All time win list, 7 Cups is with in his reach, he already has won the Daytona 500 more times. The problem he will have is that Earnhardt is so beloved in the sport and he has a lot of fans that hate him so he has a major uphill battle to overcome biased fans.

sigpic

Comment

I am also a huge Johnson fan, I think if he keeps winning the way he has been he just might pass Earnhardt and be the number two driver of all time. He is on pace (if he has not already) to pass Dale on the All time win list, 7 Cups is with in his reach, he already has won the Daytona 500 more times. The problem he will have is that Earnhardt is so beloved in the sport and he has a lot of fans that hate him so he has a major uphill battle to overcome biased fans.
              Wins maybe but the cups may be hard, look how Jeff stalled out, but if anyone can do it, its probably Jimmie. Maybe someday when Jimmie fades out like Jeff, people will quit hating him as much and hate the new guy (probably Kyle Larson, that kid is GOOD).
              sigpic

Comment

• Poor Mark man....I was kinda pulling for him though I also like Joey so....
                sigpic

Comment

• Smoke will miss the rest of the season, with Mark "Rocking Chair" Martintaming over for him in the #14.

sigpic

Comment

Smoke will miss the rest of the season, with Mark "Rocking Chair" Martintaming over for him in the #14.
                    Stewart Out for Remainder of 2013 Season; Martin in for 12 races; Dillon one: Tony Stewart is out for the remainder of the 2013 season after suffering a broken right tibia and fibula in a sprint car crash Aug. 5 at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Stewart, a three-time Sprint Cup champion, is expected to return to the seat of the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) in time for pre-season testing in January 2014. In the interim, Mark Martin will drive the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevy Aug. 23-24 at Bristol and in 11 other races. Austin Dillon, who filled in for Stewart this past weekend at Michigan and finished 14th in his 10th career Sprint Cup start, will drive the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevy Oct. 18-20 at Talladega.
                    After consulting with Tonys doctors and speaking with Tony, we agreed it was best for him to focus on his recovery, said Greg Zipadelli, competition director, SHR. For the No. 14 team, our focus is on positioning them for a run at the owner championship. Mark Martin and Austin Dillon give us the best opportunity to do that, and we certainly appreciate Michael Waltrip Racing and Richard Childress Racing for making Mark and Austin available to us.
                    Obviously, Im disappointed to be out of the Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevy for so long, but the team is in very good hands with Mark Martin and Austin Dillon, Stewart said. Mark is someone Ive looked up to my entire career and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Austin is a great young talent, and he showed that Sunday at Michigan. Greg Zipadelli, Steve Addington (crew chief) and everybody at SHR supports them 100 percent. This isnt a situation anyone wanted, but were going to make the best of it. In the meantime, my focus is on getting healthy and getting back into my Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevy.
                    The #14 team is 13th in [owner] points, 10 out of the top-10 and 160 behind the series-leading #48 team of Hendrick Motorsports. The #14 team is first in line to grab one of the two wild-card positions for the 12-team [Owners] Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.(SHR)(8-19-2013)
                    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Montoya back to Indycars...with Andretti? Michael Andretti is trying to find a sponsor to bring #42-Juan Pablo Montoya back to IndyCar with Andretti Autosport. "I have talked to Juan about IndyCar and told him 'Hell yeah, let's find a way to put something together,' " Andretti told The Associated Press on Monday. "I've driven against him and I think he's one of the best drivers I've ever driven against. It just comes down to sponsorship. So we're looking, and if it's a possibility, we want to do something with him." Andretti only had conversations with Montoya last week after the Colombian learned from Chip Ganassi that he wouldn't be re-signed to Ganassi's NASCAR team for an eighth season. Montoya has been out of open wheel racing since he left Formula One in 2006 to rejoin Ganassi in NASCAR, and he's not ruling out any series now that he's looking for work. He told AP on Monday a return to IndyCar isn't out of the question, but wouldn't reveal what teams he's spoken to so far.(Associated Press)(8-19-2013)
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Thanks Peanut !

I'm happy that Mark will be filling in for Tony.
                        Hope he can get the 14 into the Chase.
                        Mark is a great wheel man.
                        Not real aggressive at first, cautious and tries to take care of his ride.
                        He will see what his car has for the first 20 laps.
                        He keeps giving feedback making his car better every pit stop.
                        Then he will lay back trying not to get wrecked.
                        He will let the youngsters fly by him and fight for the lead.
                        Then he will come on like a vengeance at the end of the race.
                        Mark would have had multiple wins this year if it weren't for cars wrecking him.
                        Wish Mark and Tony the best !!!
                        ~~~
                        Mark would be a good fit for the 42.
                        Mark likes to run a part-time NASCAR schedule.
                        Who better to mentor a young and talented Larson ?
                        EGR, bring Kyle up to Cup. Kid is ready !
                        Mark and Kyle, share the ride in the 42 !!!
                        ~~~
                        Oh yeah, adios Montoya !
                        Best of luck back in open wheelers.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Glad to see Mark is going to help Tony out! Hopefully they can run up front and score some wins
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'd love to see Bobby Labonte take marks place in the 55 for a few races. I really don't think it's entirely his lack of skill right now I'd love to see him in a well maintained car with good hardware. If he couldn't run well in that it's time to retire IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Well i must say i was a bit bummed when the official word of Tony being out the rest of the season came down & so i didn't respond to any comments, i was a little surprised & thought he would be back at some point this year but also knew the possibility of missing the rest of the year was there.

Obviously Tony needs to get well & healed up first & foremost before getting back in the car for a couple of races which at that point would be meaningless. He clearly has some bad breaks in his leg & needs alot of recovery time, so he will be ready for 2014 (possible sign? #14 in 2014)

In the meantime, Mark is a great choice to finish out the season & all he needs to do is have 3 good finishes in the next 3 races & the #14 team will still be inline to run for an owners championship, so that will be interesting to follow.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                Well i must say i was a bit bummed when the official word of Tony being out the rest of the season came down & so i didn't respond to any comments, i was a little surprised & thought he would be back at some point this year but also knew the possibility of missing the rest of the year was there.

Obviously Tony needs to get well & healed up first & foremost before getting back in the car for a couple of races which at that point would be meaningless. He clearly has some bad breaks in his leg & needs alot of recovery time, so he will be ready for 2014 (possible sign? #14 in 2014)

In the meantime, Mark is a great choice to finish out the season & all he needs to do is have 3 good finishes in the next 3 races & the #14 team will still be inline to run for an owners championship, so that will be interesting to follow.
                                I think he is making the right call. No need to come back too soon, get in another bad wreck and mess the leg up again. Now he can recover and rehab, maybe even shed some poundage in the gym with Mark lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X