No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipadelli said in a news conference that the 55 car crew chief, Rodney Childers is going to SHR.
    Zip also said SHR was interested in Kurt Busch for 2014.
    It was reported that SHR offered Kurt a contract 5 days ago.
    Furniture Row heard about it and is offering Kurt a contract extension today.
    It was also reported that SHR will expand their team with another car for 2014.
    Harvick will not go to the 39, Dillon will ride #39.
    Kevin will ride #4 and keep the Bud sponsor.
    ~~~
    So, it seems to me that Newman was misled if SHR goes to 4 cars.
    Tony, Dillon, Danica and Harvick ? Where would Kurt fit in ? Out Dillon ?
    Regardless, Kurt has a big decision to make soon.
    Wonder how Newman feels about this ? Just business ?
    ~~~
    My take is that at SHR, Tony will always be the big dog, Kurt would be second fiddle.
    At Furniture Row, Kurt is top dog, that team has been building that car around Kurt.
    I'd like to see Kurt stay at Furniture Row.
    ~~~
    Penske announced that they will drop to a two car team.
    ~~~
    This chinese fire drill happens every year. This pre-Chase merry-go-round is making me dizzy.
    I give up speculating as to who goes where in 2014.
    I'm just going to wait and see what shakes out.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Zipadelli said in a news conference that the 55 car crew chief, Rodney Childers is going to SHR.
      Zip also said SHR was interested in Kurt Busch for 2014.
      It was reported that SHR offered Kurt a contract 5 days ago.
      Furniture Row heard about it and is offering Kurt a contract extension today.
      It was also reported that SHR will expand their team with another car for 2014.
      Harvick will not go to the 39, Dillon will ride #39.
      Kevin will ride #4 and keep the Bud sponsor.
      ~~~
      So, it seems to me that Newman was misled if SHR goes to 4 cars.
      Tony, Dillon, Danica and Harvick ? Where would Kurt fit in ? Out Dillon ?
      Regardless, Kurt has a big decision to make soon.
      Wonder how Newman feels about this ? Just business ?
      ~~~
      My take is that at SHR, Tony will always be the big dog, Kurt would be second fiddle.
      At Furniture Row, Kurt is top dog, that team has been building that car around Kurt.
      I'd like to see Kurt stay at Furniture Row.
      ~~~
      Penske announced that they will drop to a two car team.
      ~~~
      This chinese fire drill happens every year. This pre-Chase merry-go-round is making me dizzy.
      I give up speculating as to who goes where in 2014.
      I'm just going to wait and see what shakes out.

I don't understand why if they want four cars they aren't keeping Ryan....I mean it's obvious Ryan and Tony are close friends...it makes no sense he's too talented of drive to let go if you've got room for him.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I don't understand why if they want four cars they aren't keeping Ryan....I mean it's obvious Ryan and Tony are close friends...it makes no sense he's too talented of drive to let go if you've got room for him.
        Apparently it is Gene Haas making the push:

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- The expansion of Stewart-Haas Racing continues with the impending addition of crew chief Rodney Childers and potential addition of driver Kurt Busch, two players who could help make the organization a four-car powerhouse for 2014.

Michael Waltrip Racing confirmed Friday that Childers -- winner of three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races with the team, most recently last month with Brian Vickers -- would depart the organization, likely to become Kevin Harvick's crew chief at Stewart-Haas next season. And SHR Competition Director Greg Zipadelli said the team is moving forward with plans to accommodate a fourth car that could be driven by the 2004 series champion Busch.

They are ambitious moves for a team that will also feature Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick, and is bidding to become one of the elite organizations at NASCAR's premier level.

"We are looking to expand," Zipadelli said at Bristol Motor Speedway. "We are looking to do whatever we can to make Stewart-Haas a better place to race, to give our drivers better resources. ? Our goal is to give our teams a better product to race every week going into Daytona. With four good drivers next year, I think it gives us that opportunity. Our owners are aggressive. It's kind of exciting, it's fun. At a time when everybody's kind of going the other way, we've got owners who are committed to stepping up and making Stewart-Haas a bigger, better place in the future."

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/childer...8--nascar.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
        From Tony 12 July 2013:

"No, we are not ready to expand to a fourth team. Unfortunately, this will be the last year that we have Ryan (Newman) with us. That's probably what has made this a bittersweet day. I'm bringing in another one of my friends to the organization, but also knowing that I'm losing a friend at the end of the year to the organization. The number one thing when Ryan and I spoke is that our friendship will not change. This was a business decision that was Gene's (Haas) as well as mine and it was a hard decision. There is a personal side and there is a business side. For Ryan and I we had to put the personal bit of it aside to work through the business part. I'll do everything I can to help Ryan in any way I can moving forward to try to help him in his effort to find another team next year. I'm behind him 100 percent. I believe in him 100 percent. I truly wish we were able to facilitate four teams at this time. We are just not able to do that. Down the road I'm sure if that becomes a possibility that he will most definitely will be on the list to fill the fourth seat again."
        http://racingnewsnetwork.com/2013/07...-newman-fired/
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That last sentence seems a bit odd.
        Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-23-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Watched the race off & on especialy the first half, watched majority of the last 250 laps. Thought for sure Kahne was gonna win but he needs to get more aggresive & put the bumper to Kenseth to move him instead of settling for 2nd.

I understand kasey is a very clean racer & very respectful of those he races against but i think he missed a perfect opportunity for the bump & run for the win. It's not like it was on a high speed 1.5 mile track. it was a short track & i would say no better place for a bump other than maybe Martinsville.

As for Mark Martin & the 20th place finish in the #14 car, like i said i didn't watch alot in the start so i can't say why he was so far back but had there not been so many wrecks he would have finished 30th, so that was a very unimpressive result but we will see how he does on the 1.5 mile Atlanta track, i believe he runs much better on those type of tracks.
          sigpic

Comment

• Kurt Busch has signed a multiyear deal with Stewart Haas Racing.
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
              Kurt Busch has signed a multiyear deal with Stewart Haas Racing.
              UPDATE: Kurt Busch has signed a multiyear contract to drive for Stewart-Haas Racing, beginning with the 2014 season, Busch told ESPN.com Monday. "I'm going to Stewart-Haas," Busch told ESPN.com Monday morning. "I've signed my deal." The SHR organization will announce the arrangement formally Monday afternoon and hold a news conference Tuesday afternoon introducing Busch as a Stewart-Haas driver. Busch received the offer to drive for Stewart-Haas a week ago and received a subsequent offer from his current team, Furniture Row Racing, last week. Busch said Monday he appreciates greatly the opportunity afforded him at FRR. Asked if he can maintain focus and help get the #78 team into the Chase, he said, "Come Wednesday, that's all I'm going to think about."(ESPN)
              AND An official announcement with team co-owner Gene Haas - the man behind the decision - is set for 2:00 pm/et Tuesday at SHR headquarters in Kannapolis, NC. Sources say SHR is attempting to obtain the #00 for Busch to use beginning next season in the Sprint Cup Series.(Charlotte Observer)(8-26-2013)
              He's also the main reason Newman is gone. Kind of makes me wonder about the Stewart-Haas partnership. I'm sure Tony approved the moves.

I hope FRR finds a good replacement.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Well its job security for Kurt. No matter how big of a tirade he goes off on either the radio or in interviews he won't be fired because the boss does the same thing lol
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Well looks like Kyle Larson is heading to Cup in the 42 next year. Kid is super talented just hope they aren't rushing him into this
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                    Well looks like Kyle Larson is heading to Cup in the 42 next year. Kid is super talented just hope they aren't rushing him into this
                    I like Ganassi. I hope Larson does well.

Kyle Larson isn't staying put very long. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will move the 21-year-old upstart to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fulltime in 2014, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday. Reached by phone on Tuesday evening, a team spokesman declined comment. Larson and team members of the Ganassi organization were notified of the decision this week, sources said. Larson will replace Juan Pablo Montoya in the #42 Chevy.(Charlotte Observer)(8-28-2013)
                    I hope Labonte heals quickly. Weird year for off track accidents for drivers.

Bobby Labonte suffers broken ribs: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Bobby Labonte is currently being treated at a local hospital near his home in Trinity, North Carolina after being involved in an accident while riding his bicycle near his home on the morning of Wednesday, August 28. Labonte was transported to the hospital by ambulance where he was diagnosed and is being treated for three broken ribs. There are no other injuries. He is being held overnight for observation. An update on Labonte's condition will be sent when determined. Mike Bliss will replace Labonte in the #51 Phoenix Racing entry this weekend in Atlanta.(Breaking Limits)(8-28-2013)
                    Last edited by Peanut; 10-11-2014, 11:22 PM.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I would really like to see Labonte come back in a competitive ride next year. Just not sure if there will be any.

Allmendinger offered ride with JTG Daugherty: AJ Allmendinger has an offer to drive the #47 JTG Daugherty NASCAR Sprint Cup car in 2014. Team owner Tad Geschickter confirmed to FOXSports.com a full-time deal had been offered to Allmendinger. The driver confirmed JTGD's proposal late Wednesday night. Allmendinger, 31, has competed in NASCAR, IndyCar and Grand-Am this season. With his experience in a variety of different series and manufacturers, JTGD brought Allmendinger in for the Michigan June race to provide a second opinion on what areas the needed improvement with the car  mechanical, aerodynamic or engine. At that time, the team's current driver Bobby Labonte was 27th in the standings. Although Geschickter has offered Labonte a position within the company, the 49-year-old former Cup champion told FOXSports.com on Aug. 24 that he had not made a decision regarding his 2014 plans.(Fox Sports)(8-29-2013)
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                        Well looks like Kyle Larson is heading to Cup in the 42 next year. Kid is super talented just hope they aren't rushing him into this
                        Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        I like Ganassi. I hope Larson does well.
                        First thing that came to my mind when seeing this was Reed Sorenson & how he was up & coming & appeared to have a ton of talent & potential but never really amounted to very much.

Very similar situations too because he was about 20 or 21 when they brought him up to cup & it was the same owner & team in Ganassi. Did they rush things with Reed & set him back? Or was he just not cut out for the big time? Sure seemed like he was to me, i remember watching some of the Nationwide races back then & thinking this kid is gonna be something special down the road but it didn't happen.

Well hopefully things work out better for the larson kid & he becomes a star but i just don't think these owners are giving these kids enough time to develope in the lower series.
                        Last edited by Peanut; 10-11-2014, 11:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          I would really like to see Labonte come back in a competitive ride next year. Just not sure if there will be any.
                          ya I think he hangs up the fire suit this year. I'd love to see a team like RCR snag him.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Trucks in Canada on a road course.

Interesting finish. IMO, Chase Elliott didn't do anything wrong. Last corner, Dillon said that he was out of fuel. He expects the other guy to let him coast to the finish line?

Impressed with Mike Skeen. I bet some teams are looking at him.

Not impressed with his lady friend, if she's connected to him. She definitely should not have slapped Papis. She should be charged with assault or at least banned from the track for awhile. I do hope it's not going to be a trend with these women getting involved (second incident this year. The other one just blocked a driver from talking to another driver. Security?). IMO, if a female hits a male, the male has every right to retaliate.

It was a good race.

I had to DVR the IndyCar race in Baltimore. I saw it advertised for being on ABC, but it was on NBCSN here. Blackout?

Cup tonight. What a great weekend.
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

That track in Canada was beautiful !
                              Watching the trucks run a road course there was a lot of fun.
                              I would like to see a Cup race there one day.
                              ~~~
                              I agree with you Peanut about Elliot, he had the inside line.
                              Regardless, it was the last turn before the checker, anything goes.
                              ~~~
                              The Atlanta race was also a lot of fun.
                              I love 500 mile races at mile and a half tracks and I love night races.
                              Especially mile and a half tracks that drivers can run side by side.
                              Congrats Kyle !

Comment

• Great win for Kyle, what a long & grueling race. Seemed like so many different drivers had a shot at the win but the #18 came out on top & i know Peanut is loving it but let me say something i think you will love even more...i seriously think this is the year Kyle can win it all, they are hitting their stride at the right time.

On a side note, (i hate to say this because i know there are some Martin fans) but i think Tony made a mistake putting Mark in that car for the rest of the season. Two very bad races in a row & yes he got caught up in something early, it was not nearly bad enough to warrant running that poorly being 3 laps down & finishing 25th. There was no reason not to run at the very least inside the top 20 if not top 15, very disappointing.

Again i hate to say this, but i think racing has past mark martin by & he probably needs to hang it up. If you can't perform in one of the better cars out there then your time has come & gone.

I think tony needs to look for somebody else to run the remaining races because he still has a shot at the owner's championship but will have no chance at all with somebody running 25th every race. Perhaps he should let Austin Dillon finish out the season in the #14.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X