No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now they have changed the All Star Race! The Sprint Showdown has been moved to Friday night instead of the same night as the All Star Race. Its going to take some excitement away from All Star night in my opinion. All these changes have gotten out of hand. Whats next, taking the engines out and having pedal car races?
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• And now the new points system is official. I'm speechless
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• The Great American Race is on the horizon!
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Tony's back!

•Stewart says his leg feels ok after first practice: #14-Tony Stewart, met with members of the media at Daytona International Speedway following the first practice session for Saturday's Sprint Unlimited. Stewart discussed how he felt in the car as he climbed behind the wheel for the first time following his accident last season, the transcript in part:
          Q) HOW DID IT FEEL?
          Stewart: "It felt good. The great thing is there is zero percentage of pain in the car. That was nice. We will see what it feels like at 9 o'clock tonight, but so far so good. That is better than I was hoping for, honestly. I thought we would have some kind of ache, pain of some kind that would bother us. It was like putting on an old pair of shoes again."
          Q) IS IT A RELIEF OR ARE YOU JUST OVERJOYED?
          Stewart: "Well a little of both. I think once we got the relief of knowing we weren't hurting anywhere then it was just joy of being back out there again. It didn't feel like I had been gone seven months when we started running. It was today though, every five minutes I was looking at the clock from 3 o'clock on going 'is it 4:30 yet' because I wanted to get dressed at 4:30 and come in. That is a long time to be staring at the clock for an hour and a half. That is small compared to the seven months."
          Q) DID YOU HAVE ANY THERAPY TODAY OR ANY SPECIAL STRETCHES OR ANYTHING? OR IS IT JUST LIKE A NORMAL PRACTICE DAY?
          Stewart: "Knowing you are my back-up guy (referring to an inside joke with reporter Bob Pockrass) I didn't do anything extra. I felt like my back-up guy is on par and ready to go. No, I didn't do anything today."
          Q) HOW ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE CAR?
          Stewart: "Piece of cake. I didn't fall. I think that was what everybody was waiting for. If there was ever a time to not screw up it is getting in the car this time. About 400 cameras there so I didn't want to be the guy that fell out of the car and got on the cover of the paper for that."
          (Team Chevy)(2-15-2014)
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            And now the new points system is official. I'm speechless
            I've got plenty to say about it. Like it will ruin the sport, it's stupid and I hate it for starters....
            sigpic

Comment

• Nice job Kenseth, way to knock half the field of a already small field out of an exhibition race.

What a loser! couldn't even wait for the race to be halfway over! i hope you have a miserable season!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                Nice job Kenseth, way to knock half the field of a already small field out of an exhibition race.

What a loser! couldn't even wait for the race to be halfway over! i hope you have a miserable season!!
                Looked to me like Brad K backed up on Kenseth a bit, might have helped start the chain reaction.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Looked to me like Brad K backed up on Kenseth a bit, might have helped start the chain reaction.

Perhaps

i turned it off after that because what was the point in watching 8 or 9 guys run around for 30 or 40 laps?

Guess i was just disappointed being it was tony's return after all that time, only to be let down & especialy with him not being 100% healed up & getting crashed in his first race back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Q) HOW ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE CAR?
                    Stewart: "Piece of cake. I didn't fall. I think that was what everybody was waiting for. If there was ever a time to not screw up it is getting in the car this time. About 400 cameras there so I didn't want to be the guy that fell out of the car and got on the cover of the paper for that."
                    (Team Chevy)(2-15-2014)
                    I was REALLY glad to see Tony climb out of that car by himself after that crash !

This race was somewhat surreal.

Johnson took himself out. That was funny. (Sorry Southie)

Danica said Ricky couldn't see over his hood.
                    Wait until she sees the in-car replay of him looking down at the floorboard lol.

The high point for me was the caution for the pace car on fire.

Wild night.
                    Next week should be more of the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I was REALLY glad to see Tony climb out of that car by himself after that crash !

This race was somewhat surreal.

Johnson took himself out. That was funny. (Sorry Southie)

Danica said Ricky couldn't see over his hood.
                      Wait until she sees the in-car replay of him looking down at the floorboard lol.

The high point for me was the caution for the pace car on fire.

Wild night.
                      Next week should be more of the same.

I missed it, so thanks for the recap. Maybe I can find a replay. We were watching the Olympics. Also, it takes me a bit to go from balls to wheels.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        I've got plenty to say about it. Like it will ruin the sport, it's stupid and I hate it for starters....
                        ^^^^^^^ this
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          Agreed. This new points format just doesn't fit in with auto racing. The championship should be who performed the best the most consistently, not who didn't get eliminated by the big one at Dega
                          sigpic

Comment

Tonight's twin duels are about to begin.
                            They are supposed to determine the lineup for Sunday's race.
                            Does it really matter that much ?

After watching the Unlimited and then practice yesterday, how important is it to start up front ?
                            A small pack of cars can hook up and fly to the front at anytime.

The drivers don't quite understand the complete effect of the side aero with the higher spoiler.
                            We saw that dirty air working when Johnson spun out untouched, Keselowsky checked up on Kennseth and he wrecked half the pack, then I think it was Brad that checked up on Ambrose and that took Jr out. Jr was poed with Ambrose at the time but I don't think it was Ambrose's fault.

Seems like when a car goes to block it pushes air on the car behind. Side drafting is rad too. It'll be a while for some to figure out the new aero.

Now in the duels, most of the drivers didn't get the real time practice in the Unlimited, over half a dozen rookies out there, it's going to be nuts.
                            I dunno, I would team up with about 8 cars and just hang out in the back until the last 10 laps or so. Just far back enough to not go a lap down and be able to avoid the wrecks up front.

If we don't see more of the same like the Unlimited and practice yesterday, I'll be shocked.
                            I think the veteran drivers will hold back until the last laps.

Hang in there drivers for your 60 laps, try not to get stupid and hurt anyone.

Comment

• Good points, AZ. It takes what? 3 laps to get to the front?

How does one run out of fuel? Was that extra second that important? Was there a malfunction (besides in Chad's head )? Nice of Jimmie to apologize, but it wasn't his fault.

You guys like the status box on the right? Is that something they plan to keep? I prefer the scrolling at the top, as long as it doesn't take up half the screen.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                                Good points, AZ. It takes what? 3 laps to get to the front?

How does one run out of fuel? Was that extra second that important? Was there a malfunction (besides in Chad's head )? Nice of Jimmie to apologize, but it wasn't his fault.

You guys like the status box on the right? Is that something they plan to keep? I prefer the scrolling at the top, as long as it doesn't take up half the screen.
                                I hate the new running order, its always in the way, they need to put it back on the top of the screen. Overall I thought the duels were good, the first was more exciting than the second one except the wreck at the end. Its weird watching without a driver to cheer for right now. Got to feel bad for the teams who have to load up and go home after tonight. Well on to the 500!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X